Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 8: Elvenhome

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 8: Elvenhome

Post by Kafen »

"We had a civil war once." Tas states proudly as they walk. He leans over and nudges Tanis. "We didn't kill each other. We actually like each other! Besides, there was this goat and kids. It all turned out great with a party, even."
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Blushing Laurana takes Tanis's hand gently, leading him off to a small grove, she pauses.

"Tanis, I... I suppose you want to know what that was all about?" She comments, following her fathers words. "He..... He was not happy I went to find you, leaving like I did was bad enough.... but to find you." She moves close to him tears flooding down her face. "I am now shunned by my own people, Cast from the light.."

"So I come with you, if you will have me, I know the way and I have nowhere else to go." She presses her body tightly against his, "Please?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tanis' eyes widen in shock. He knew the Speaker was angry--furious, even, at Laurana's behavior. But to cast her from the light? As a dark elf, she would be forever shunned by her own people. She had lost her family, home, and birthright all in one fell swoop.

Even if Tanis were to refuse to let her come, and could somehow find another guide to the Sla-Mori...Laurana would still be thrown out of the city, left for the dragonarmies.

Gently, he takes her by the shoulders and pushes her away, so she is not pressing up against him. "It looks like we don't have any choice. You'll have to come with us; your father has seen to that. But...we'll need to be careful. And you'll need to listen to me. It will be very dangerous, and I can't guarantee your safety if you act recklessly. Understand?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yes Tanis, you understand, I have lost everything.." She sobs as he pushes her away, "I will try, I know I can be reckless.." She blushes, "I will do my best."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tanis nods. "Good." He tries to think of something comforting to say, but nothing comes to mind. What could he possibly say to her that wouldn't sound hollow? Instead, he just says, "We better go, before they leave us behind."

Once back at the grove, the party finds that several bowls of quith-pa have been laid out for them. Quith-pa is a kind of dried fruit, favored among elves, that stores well and tastes better than iron rations. There's enough there to keep the party fed for a couple of weeks, at least. "A gift," Gilthanas explains. "You'll need supplies for your quest, after all."

"Hold on, Gilthanas," says Tanis as the prince turns away. "I need to talk to you for a moment." Gilthanas nods, and the two walk away from the grove to speak in private while the rest of the party settles back down in the grove. Anyone who checks the gear they left behind will find that blades have been sharpened and cleaned, bows have been restrung, and armor has been mended and polished.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Of course." Laurana walks on towards the group, taking Magpie by the hand she stands off to one side, watching Tanis leave with Gilthanas.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Riverwind is a bit surprised by the abrupt end to the meeting, even more than the fact that they were, once again handed an almost impossible task, with only limited assistance.

As the rest of the heros commit to the task, he reluctantly agrees, but does not give the the satisfaction to the Speaker.

Returning to the grove, he is impressed by the gesture the elves have made, but it still doesn't ease the feeling in the pit of his stomach that they were being sent to their deaths as a ruse.

"Let us prepare as best we can, rest some more, and recover as best as we can. At least we are doing something to thwart the horde."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

At Riverwind's remark, Goldmoon nods. "Yes, we need to weaken them wherever we can."

Then she moves over to Laurana. "I am sorry your father was so hard on you. Fathers often are when we daughters disappoint them, you know. Especially when we choose to love men they do not see as worthy. My father did not approve of my love for Riverwind, but he needed me and perhaps hoped that while helping him reign, I would someday meet someone more »suitable«. But when Riverwind came back from his quest with the staff of Mishakal, he ordered our people to stone him. In a hope to save him, I threw myself between him and the stones. My father did not call the men to stop, nor to drag me away. If Mishakal had not saved us, we would both be dead now, killed at my father's orders.
Your father banished you. There is still a chance that he will see the error of his ways some day."
With that, Goldmoon embraces Laurana.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: Assume Goldmoons comments were based on her previous talk, not the private chat with Tanis.)

Laurana returns the embrace. "My Father is a foolish old man... yet I love him so much." blushing she lowers her head. "He has never approved of Tanis, he adopted Tanis out of obligation, and has never understood how I could love a 'half-breed'."

Glancing away to Tanis's location she adds, "To my people, being driven from the light is worse than death."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yet, different from death, it is reversible in principle" Goldmoon reminds Laurana. With a gentle touch on her lower arm and a warm smile, she leaves the elf to her thoughts.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Just then, the party hears the whooshing sound of something large swooping overhead. It flies straight ahead, passing over the grove and heading toward where Gilthanas and Tanis went. The large creature resembles a small dragon, but with no forelegs.

Sitting on its back is an very familiar obese hobgoblin. There are also six kapaks riding on it. They leap off right over the grove and glide down with their wings.

At once, a handful of elven warriors who had been watching the party closely after Riverwind's actions toward the Speaker, leaped out of hiding and drew their weapons. The kapaks drew their own swords.

"Is this a private party? Guess we're crashing it," says one.
Attachments
Key:<br />Each hex is 5'<br />Green blobs - Trees<br />Black # - Kapaks<br />Blue # - Elven warriors<br />WW - Wyvern (airborne)<br />Ta - Tanis<br />Gi - Gilthanas<br />t - Tasslehoff<br />F - Flint<br />Ri - Riverwind<br />G - Goldmoon<br />Ti - Tika<br />C - Caramon<br />Ra - Raistlin<br />m - Magpie<br />L - Laurana
Key:
Each hex is 5'
Green blobs - Trees
Black # - Kapaks
Blue # - Elven warriors
WW - Wyvern (airborne)
Ta - Tanis
Gi - Gilthanas
t - Tasslehoff
F - Flint
Ri - Riverwind
G - Goldmoon
Ti - Tika
C - Caramon
Ra - Raistlin
m - Magpie
L - Laurana
Grove.jpg (154.3 KiB) Viewed 6322 times
Wyvern.png
Wyvern.png (209.68 KiB) Viewed 6322 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon calmly prepares her sling to attack the first draconian that comes into range.

1d10, 1d20, 1d4+1=[8], [6], [3, 1].... but she misses.

(This is my second roll for Goldmoon, in the first one, I accidentally typed d12 instead of d20)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sturm moves to the trees, he draws his blade and moves swiftly to the trees to his left.
"Ranged weapons, surround them and close in!" He orders, his plan to distract the Wyverns to give Tanis and Giltanhas a fighting chance.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Uh oh, " Tika says as she takes cover near the nearest tree. She doesn't have an ranged weapons, so she remains in defense. She remembers that these are the ones that turn to acid when they die.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Totally crashing it, you really should get a bell. Then, we would hear you coming and make plans." Tas replies to the dragon man. "I bet the elves could make you a bell." He suggests to the warriors. "They would look good with a bell. Pretty scales and elven jewelry. I can ask once we get back from that other place. What was that place?" Tas asks the group as he reaches for a rock and his hoopak. "I bet they would like a bell."

Moving, he goes to the trees and starts shifting from tree to tree as he flings a stone at the grumpy dragon man.

1d20=12 1d20=5
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy