Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 8: Elvenhome

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH 8: Elvenhome

Post by JadedDM »

As the others wait in the clearing, the elves in particular are surprised when the wagon pulls up. "What is this?" asks one of the elves.

"The human captured it from the enemy," the driver responds, hopping off. "The Speaker should be pleased."

Flint nods to the others. "Good to see everyone made it one piece. Here's our stuff," he adds, indicating a bundle of backpacks and weapons at his feet.

===========

(OOC: The party reclaims all of their gear. Also maybe pick up something extra, should they need/want it? The wagon is chock full of weapons, armor and ammunition.)
Attachments
Chapter 8.JPG
Chapter 8.JPG (125.03 KiB) Viewed 10847 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: CH 8: Elvenhome

Post by Jenara »

Laurana collects her short sword and other weapons, placing the one she borrowed back into the pile, she will also stock up on arrows refilling her quiver.

She looks for a scabbard for the short sword Magpie borrowed (plans to teach her how to use the blade).

"You are all safe." She smiles going to hug her brother, glancing at Tanis with hopeful eyes. "Sturm is very injured, I am barely on my feet, so is Tas."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tanis retrieves his own gear, as well.

"Well, we're safe for now, at least." He glances toward the elves. "But for how long, I wonder?" he asks quietly.

Goldmoon also retrieves her gear, as well as the precious Disks of Mishakal. After confirming they are safe, she turns her attention to the wounded. "I will do what I can, but I, too, am exhausted," she admits. Placing a hand on Sturm's battered body, she summons the power of Mishakal and heals some of his more egregious wounds. She then uses a minor prayer to heal the gash across Laurana's leg, as well.

While she does this, Flint recovers his own gear, and so does Raistlin. The mage already has his staff back--somehow--so he just takes his bag and spellbooks back.

========

Tanis, Raistlin, Flint and Goldmoon retrieve their gear. Laurana also recovers her and Magpie's gear, as well as another 10 sheaf arrows.

Goldmoon uses Lay on Hands on Sturm, restoring 10 HP.
Goldmoon casts Cure Light Wounds on Laurana, restoring (1d8): 6 HP.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tika retrieves her gear, plus some armor. She doubts this will be the last time that she'll be in some kind of fight. Once she has everything she needs, she walks over to Tanis and speaks softly. "I guess that means that we shouldn't stay here for very long," she says softly. "There really is no telling when those...draconians will get brave enough to come in here after the elves."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"The Elves will take us to Qualinost." Laurana says to Tika, "You fought well, I will help teach you the blade if you desire."

"Will you be ok Tanis? I know the journey will not be easy on you..."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Why is everyone offering me to teach me to use a blade?" Tika asks in a bit of a huff. "Didn't I prove that I could use a blade?" she asks curiously. "Not that I'm not grateful or anything, but I don't want to be treated like a baby out here. I wanted to go with you guys, and I got my wish."
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Caramon dons his armor while gathering his gear his gear. Sifting through the extra weapons, he takes two extra daggers and places them in his belt..... "Ohh come on Tika! Nobody says that you can't use a blade. It's just that if you could wield a blade as well as you wield a skillet, we would have already vanquished the enemy".... He continues sifting through the extra gear looking for anything that stands out or would be of use to a party member..... "Raist? Anything missing or you might need?"
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I...I." Laurana's pretty face flushes deep crimson. "I did not mean you were incapable, you appear to have acquitted yourself better than me." She flushes again. "I was suggesting a few drills, maneuvers, you have the grace of an elf, so why not fight like one?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sturm collects "Brightblade" with reverence, collecting a few spare daggers as he does so.

"Thank you Goldmoon for your Goddesses aid." He says with a bow, strapping the Ancient blade back to his belt, he felt lost without it, like part of him had gone.

"Indeed Tika, your skills were impressive today, raw but successful, you appear to have the makings of a good swords-woman, you aid today was most helpful, I would dead if you had no helped." He bows low, going to take her hand. "Thank you." With that he stands beside Tanis, ready for what they would face next.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Once they reach the clearing, Riverwind jumps from the wagon and rushes to Goldmoon, grabbing her in a bear hug. "I am so glad you are safe, I have brought the discs to you."

He greets the rest of the party, and notes their poor condition, but also, that none have fallen.

"That was some escape, Magpie, where is your friend? The one who helped us out."

After the reunion, Riverwind also selects a couple of daggers, and 2 full quivers.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Me not sure?" She looks around, suddenly remembering Sestun. "He big Hero like me now." She announces proudly, holding the short sword loosely at her side.

She turns to Laurana with a smile "Me find him." She grins.

"Thank you for healing me Goldmoon, your prayers are most welcome.." Laurana adds, shaking her head at Magpie in suprise.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I have my spellbooks again," Raistlin says. "That is all I need. The Staff cannot be taken from me by anyone."

Sestun does not seem to be among those in the clearing. "I wouldn't worry about him," Tanis says. "The elves have no love for gully dwarves, but they wouldn't hurt him."

One elf in particular approaches who is particularly tall for his kind. He has fair skin, blonde hair, and is fairly muscular with a severe, haughty expression upon his handsome face. The others elves bow to him when he passes.

"Porthios," Gilthanas says, quickly approaching his older brother.

Gilthanas speaks earnestly with Porthios. Porthios then turns to the group of humans and other non-elves. "People of Solace," he announces, "...you are free from the cages of the Dragonlords. Where you can go I cannot say, for all the land is wracked by their evil.

"I suggest you try the south, for once past Pax Tharkas you might find safety in the realms of the southlands. I am not sure what you may find there; but the heavy fist of our foe has battered everywhere in the north country."

=========

Tika adds chain mail and a short sword to her inventory.
Caramon retrieves his gear adds two daggers to his inventory.
Sturm retrieves his gear and adds two daggers to his inventory.
Riverwind adds two daggers and 20 sheaf arrows to his inventory.
Magpie adds a short sword to her inventory.
Attachments
Porthios.jpg
Porthios.jpg (13.54 KiB) Viewed 10826 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Battered and bruised Laurana nurses the burns to her legs as she stands. "Would you have them fend for themselves my Brothers?" She asks walking close to the pair, "I am sure The Speaker has enough Hospitality to look after them for one night?"

She turns and looks at Tanis, "Pax Tharkas is held by the Armies? How are we to pass it?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Tas hums to himself as he reclaims his sticks and rocks. Also, he gathers his other items from the wagon. He watches the others with interest as he nurses his sore wounds.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Surely there is somewhere for us to go to rest and mend our wounds, or is this meadow going to be safe for a few days? We cannot move any further against the foe in our current condition."

Riverwind returns to stand next to Goldmoon, confident in their mission.