Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 4: Solanthus

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH 4: Solanthus

Post by JadedDM »

The night passes without incident. When the sun rises the following morning, the party awakens feeling much more refreshed than the night before when they camped out with the kender on the hard ground.

Not everyone slept well, however. Erastin, plagued with thoughts of the dead woman (and Targin's snoring) found little solace in his rest. Likewise, Galenye ached from her various injuries throughout the night.

Although it was hardly as nice as the rooms at the tower, Karathos at least had plenty of elbow room in the stables. The night was cool, but not too cold and while the smell was hardly pleasant, it could have been worse. At least it hadn't rained or anything.

Jinali, Selowen and Targin also slept quite well. As soon as it was morning, the girls were up and studying their spellbooks for the next day. Selowen also collected her now clean clothes and put them on, satisfied with the feeling of freshness they gave her.

==========

It is now Yurthgreen 19, 375 AC at First Watch (7:00 AM).

Luna, Jinali can memorize a spell again today. Just tell me which one.
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Re: CH 4: Solanthus

Post by LittleLuna »

(ooc: Jinali will learn the spell shield)
I am NOT sweet!
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Waking with a start, Erastin dives for his sword beside him, his hand finds the hilt of Erek's sword instead, strapping on his armor without saying a word he collects his blades and steps downstairs to the common room. (Assuming the others arrived while he was getting on his armor)

"Good Morning." He says with a forced smile. "I trust you all slept well?" He asks, rubbing his eyes trying to hide the dark lines that surrounded them. "I suggest you take some breakfast and and we head to Solanthus."

Taking Galenye by the arm for a moment he gives her a smile, this one not forced, "How are your wounds? I suggest we find a Cleric when we get there, and you ride Galen for the journey."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I don't know about the rest of you," Selowen says, "but I slept great."

Erastin notes that Galenye's wounded hand is now bandaged up. He can also note, should he look carefully, that bandages on her legs are visible through the holes in her pant legs.

=============

(OOC: Erastin's room is on the first floor, as they all are since there is no second floor. Therefore, he wouldn't go downstairs. As the map I keep posting shows.)
Attachments
Inn.JPG
Inn.JPG (227.17 KiB) Viewed 11198 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(The first floor/second floor is more of a UK/US confusion and my stupidity! - Jen)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye looks annoyed with Selwon's little announcement. "Well, I'm so glad someone slept well," she says grumpily. With a huff, she turns to Erastin once he takes her arm. "Sleep just made me more sore," she admits with a sigh. "But I'll survive."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Targin awakes and looks about their room, and it appears as if Erastin woke before him and snuck out.

He turns, and sits on the bed, pondering their relationship a bit, before rising to dress for the day. Their conversation helped a bit, but he is still concerned about the welfare of the would-be-knight, given his preoccupation of being nice in battle.

Dressing for the day, and donning his armor, the dwarf struggles a bit before he is ready to head for the common area.

Refreshed and hungry, he looks forward to another glorious day as he smells breakfast.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Evidently, the party orders breakfast, which costs them all another silver piece.

After eating, they check out of their rooms, returning their keys to the innkeeper.

When Erastin and Targin go to the stable to collect their mounts, the Solamnic finds the horse's leg has been bandaged with clean wraps.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Thank you." Erastin says to the Stable boy as he collects Galen, giving the horse a quick rub down he places his saddle back on. "Its ok Boy, just another day and you can rest." He says with a smile.

As they walk back outside he turns to Targin. "I was thinking last night, we need to consider tactics, the way we work as a group." He says as he places his hand on the Dwarfs shoulder. "Galenye was severely injured, and its not like we can just find a cleric on the road. Plus, well this mission, its more dangerous than anything we have done before, you don't just Steal something like that without having a little power."

"As always, you are my adviser, my teacher, what do you suggest?" He looks directly at the Dwarf, "Myself and Kathros we are close range fighters, as are you, but you have a bow."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

As Targin is saddling his pony, expertly taken care of by the stable boy, he is happy to ride out onto the road.

"Well, tactics are good to a point. It depends on the situation. If we have time to talk about an upcoming battle, it is wise to do so. However, some things are better met with brute force, like those silly mother-lovin' goblins. The most important step is 'tween yer ears, to assess the situation quickly, and apply the proper amount of 'persuasion'.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I was thinking about the Goblins too. If you would have held the line, most of them could have been taken down using ranged weapons, using spells. With much less risk to anyone."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos stretches his large frame as they set out on the road. He quietly looks into his purse and wishes he had a few coppers to give to the stable boy. But a silver is a little too much for him to spare... he wows to get some change in Solanthus and pay the boy on the way back. For now, he can only give him a heartfelt "thank you" and bring the sheets back to the inn himself so the boy doesn't have to collect them.

He listens to Erastin's and Targin's discussion, then nods a few times. "I'm sorry, Erastin. Charging into battle just felt so good after days of just sitting around... I promise to do better now. I'm sobered up, that encounter with the bandits didn't go too well. Poor Galeyne..."

Then he thinks for a moment. "Gallen is injured, too. Maybe Galeyne should ride on my shoulders today?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"You three are acting like I'm an inch away from my death," Galenye says with an amused smile. "I can deal with the pain and walk," she promises. "Though, I'm afraid I won't be of any use if we get into a battle without my bow. I'm going to have to...acquire a new one once we get to Solanthus."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"I am sorry , but you should know me better by now, goblins and I don't quite see eye to eye, lessen they'r dead. Mayhap that is a bad example. We shall see as we move forward, but don't place to much on it."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The party travels on for a few hours, discussing tactics and strategy to pass the time. It isn't until High Watch before anything unusual happens.

The path they take moves around a hill, and anyone looking it up will see a group of gnomes working on some strange contraption. The thing looks like nothing more than a steam-blowing scrapheap with a huge and terrifying metallic face mounted on the front. It apparently acts as a ram as well as an awe-inspiring piece. It chuffs scalding steam from its mouth and nose, making the face resemble a fire-breathing gnome. Its spiked wheels find easy purchase in the ground, the fifth wheel mounted in the rear, providing the steering. The overall effect, however, is not one that induces overwhelming fear; rather, the contraption is ludicrously humorous.

=================

It is now Highwatch (12:00 PM, Noon).