Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion V

Post by JadedDM »

Outside the temple

"Then where is she?" Karkat asks. "Get her up here, so we can get the abyss away before Chemosh decides to show up in person or something."

Inside the temple

"Sekhmet? Who is that?" Syriana wonders.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Sekhmet is a God of the dead, or was it a demigod? Anyway, they knew the vizir wanted to sacrifice you to raise an army of undead fighters, so he helped us to come here and save you" Babushka explains briefly.

Then she risks a look outside, too.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard begins to slowly tell the story as told HERE As much as he can remember, (he's s smart guy, lol)

"Yes we believe that is why they captured you."

(Something doesn't add right, or is it just me?)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

While Babushka climbs the stairs to join Locky, Jerrard explains to Syriana about...everything.

"This is...a lot to take in," she says when he is finished, looking disquieted. "I am the descendent of a deity? And an evil one, at that." She looks down at her hands, as if only seeing them for the first time.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Just because you might be a descent of an evil deity," Imani starts. "Does not mean you are evil. Though, I'm not sure what these followers plan to do with you, if anything at all."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Oh well you see she is down below, actually its quite tiring you know, stopping a whole legion of Mummies. You should have seen them all, lots and lots, you were right." Locky rambles, does he seem REALLY impatient?
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I am sorry, the whole story just came spilling out." He blushes. "Your blood does not define who you are, not at all, you are the person you want to be and have always been."

"We wait for Locky to return, rest a moment."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Inside the temple

Syriana goes quiet, thinking to herself about all of this. "But what person do I want to be..?" she wonders to herself softly. She was a daughter, and then a wife. She's never been anything more.

Outside the temple

Karkat is clearly getting more impatient by the second, in fact. If Locky stops talking long enough to listen, she starts to hear an odd 'clicking' noise--the sound of his scales scraping against each other in frustration. It must be similar to how humans sometimes grind their teeth.

"Alright, enough!" he snaps. "Just get her up here, so we can go before anything else happens!"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"There is no need to be grumpy!" Locky comments, forgetting his eariler outburst, "I will get them all now, wait here." With that she goes back down.

"Karkat is really grumpy!" She comments as she returns.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(OOC: I don't really know what to reply, I stated Babushka went outside too, but Karkat didn't react to her??)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Hey, you...little...dwarf girl, thing. Or whatever," Karkat says, noticing Babushka. "Tell your kender to hurry it up already. We're ready to get going here."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka bristles. "I am no more a thing than you are, and my name is Babushka" she answers the draconian. "The mage and the elder princess were in a hurry to leave, I'm sure they will be coming shortly." She makes no move to turn back into the tunnel, instead she watches Karkat closely.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Karkat grumbles and begins to pace a bit, impatiently. The sun shimmers off of his coppery scales, which click among themselves a bit.

On the plus side, Dekker seems to be safe and sound, along with Artemis and the other horses. Having captured the steeds of the vizier's men, there are now plenty of horses to go around for everyone, and then some.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Grumpy? Wasn't he always?" Jerrard asks, "It seems safe though?" The Kender Nods, "Ok we go up, Imani, stay Right by her, please."

Still looking at the wand he slips it into his belt, that needed some investigation, as did the ring.

Heading back out into the sun he keeps close to Imani, allowing Locky to go first, and Thuskar and Ulster to go next. "Be ready for anything." He warns.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The whole party makes their way upstairs and outside, joining Babushka. "About @#$%ing time," Karkat mutters, approaching. "Syriana, I'm Karkat. Did they tell you about us?"

She nods. "Yes. I'm still trying to take it all in."

"Yeah, it's a real load on the brain-pan," Karkat agrees. "The important thing is that you are safe."

"But...what will happen to me now?" Syriana asks.

"Well, we can take you somewhere safe. Somewhere that nobody can find you. And then we can train you, teach you how to use your powers," Karkat explains. He seems unusually patient with the woman, perhaps because she has the blood of his goddess in her.

"What if she doesn't want to go with you?" Ulster asks.

"This isn't something that's up for a vote," Karkat replies. "Where else would she go? Back to Mehmet? He'd just try this all over again. There's really not any choice in the matter. It's not like you guys are going to get anywhere without our help. You have a horse and a donkey, and what...maybe a couple of days of food and water? Brilliant preparations, by the way. Ingenious, even. So you can stay here and die in the desert, or we can give you a ride to wherever you want to go, but the scion comes with us. End of story."