Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion V

Post by JadedDM »

Jerrard and Imani move south to the altar, stepping into the dome of silence. Syriana is chained to the altar, though, and cannot move. Stepping around, Jerrard finds the vizier lying on the ground in a pool of blood, two arrows protruding from his body. He does not stir.

Meanwhile, while Babushka's old opponent turns to dust, she turns to help Locky with her own Baaz. Locky stabs with her hoopak, but the draconian easily parries. He counterattacks, but the plucky kender sidesteps. This gives Babushka the chance she was waiting for, and she strikes from the side. The draconian evades the larger blade, but isn't quick enough to avoid the smaller one. It sinks into his hide to the hilt. But Babushka forgets to quickly pull it back out, and when the Baaz petrifies, the dagger becomes stuck inside.

==============

Initiative
Imani (1d10): 4
Babushka (1d10+1): 10
Locky (1d10+6): 7
Jerrard (1d10): 4
Ulster (1d10+5): 13
Thuskar (1d10+7): 17
Baaz 01 (1d10+5): 9

Round 5!

Baaz 02 crumbles to dust.
Jerrard and Imani move to the altar.
Locky attacks Baaz 01 with the spear point of her hoopak (1d20+2): 6, miss.
Baaz 01 attacks Locky with his scimitar (1d20): 8, miss.
Babushka attacks Baaz 01 with her Longtooth Dagger (1d20+2): 5, miss and her fine dagger (1d20): 18, hit for (1d4+1): 3 damage. Baaz 01 petrifies.
----Babushka makes a DEX-3 check (1d20): 16, fail. Fine dagger is trapped.

Melee ends.
Attachments
Tomb of the Sarcophagus Legion.jpg
Tomb of the Sarcophagus Legion.jpg (48.3 KiB) Viewed 6578 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka allows herself a rare gesture of triumph, brandishing the longtooth dagger high into the air before cleaning it on the baaz's clothes and sheathing it in her left boot, where it belongs. Finally, a battle had gone the way she dreamed of when she trained to be a warrior... She does not worry about the fine dagger at the moment, it will come free when the dead baaz turns to dust and there are no more foes left for the time being.

She turns around and opens the door a little, peering up the stairway with her infravision. Have the sounds of battle alerted anyone?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Jerrard leans over the girl, "It is ok, he appears to be down."

how is she held down? Can he break the chains with his blade?

Locky hugs Bab in excitement. "We did it! But I'm sure there is something we are missing."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes, it feels too easy, somehow" Babushka agrees with Locky. "We should go and see what else is in this temple. Maybe we will find some treasure. We could use it. And of course, we still don't know what to do for Syriana and Imani and her son."

Babushka continues her watch of the corridor, she would be of no use in freeing Syriana, Jerrard is stronger than she is, Locky knows how to pick locks, Imani could talk to her sister wife...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Babushka looks up the stairs but sees nothing out of the ordinary. She hears the clatter of metal behind her, and turning, finds she was right--the Baaz had turned to dust (as had a second one, leaving only one left intact) and her dagger had fallen to the ground once freed.

Jerrard leans over Syriana and says something--but of course nobody hears it on account of the silence spell still over the altar. The chains are very short, and any attack on them would have a high risk of harming the princess instead.

=========

Baaz 01 and Baaz 03 crumble to dust.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Calmly, Babushka bends down, retrieves her dagger and stows it away before resuming her watch.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani waves over Locky after she examines the chains. The silence spell keeps her from actually saying anything.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ohh of course!" She comes bounding forwards, glancing at the fallen Vizer for a moment before placing a small device up to one of the locks. (assume there is a lock?)

Find Traps: 1d100=79 Fail
Open Locks: 1d100=41 Failed by ONE point!
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard leans over carefully to check the Vizer's body, the man was a mage, it was strange he fell so quickly, perhaps he expected the Baaz to protect him.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

In the long wait for Locky to check for traps and try and pick the locks on the chains, several things happen.

First, the last Baaz crumbles to dust.

Second, Jerrard watches as Timur-i-Ling breathes his last breath as he bleeds out.

Third, Locky's silence spell ends, allowing everyone to speak again.

Fourth, Jerrard suddenly hears a voice whispering in his ears. "They must all die. All of them. Use your blade and end it now!" Ulster jumps and starts batting at his ears, looking around. Nobody else seems to hear anything, though.

"The Vizier," Syriana says, now that she can talk again. "He has the key."

==========

Locky spends (1d10): 10 rounds looking for traps, she finds none.
Baaz 04 crumbles to dust.
Timur-i-Ling bleeds out; dies.
Locky's Silence spell ends.
Locky spends (1d10): 8 rounds picking locks, she fails.

Locky makes an unknown saving throw (1d20): 20
Babushka makes an unknown saving throw (1d20): 14
Ulster makes an unknown saving throw (1d20): 6
Jerrard makes an unknown saving throw (1d20): 10
Thuskar makes an unknown saving throw (1d20): 15
Imani makes an unknown saving throw (1d20): 11

It is now half past Ninth Watch (3:31 PM).

(OOC: Haha, the Vizier was only 3rd level with 8 HP, guys. I told you the party was overpowered for this module. :lol:)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yes the key would do it!" Locky smiles, reaching down by the strangely acting Jerrard. "Are you ok?" She asks the mage, searching his pockets quickly, if she finds the key she will open the lock as quickly as she can.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"That voice, I heard that voice once more, it told me to kill you all." Jerrards hand goes for his blade, almost sliding it out. "We must leave here, and now. Treasure is irrelevant if we are dead."

Standing he nods to Ulster, "You heard it too yes?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Searching the vizier, Locky finds an obsidian ring, a ceremonial dagger, a wooden wand, and a small iron key. Slipping the key into the locks, they open immediately.

Starting slightly, Ulster flushes lightly and then nods. "Y-Yeah, I heard it again, too."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ooo." Locky starts to place the items in her pouches, but decides to give the ring and the wand to Jerrard, the dagger falls into a pouch, as does the key when she is done.

(Boy he was weak!)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Once she is free, Syriana hops off the altar and cries out, "Thank you! Thank you for saving me!" and throws her arms around Ulster.

"Uh...you're welcome? I mean, I...we all..," the warrior protests, confused.

Thuskar sheathes his blade. "Now that we have her, what do we do with her? Hand her over to the Hungry Shadows?"

==========

Jerrard receives a wand and ring.
Locky places the ceremonial dagger in slot 51. She puts the iron key in slot (1d100): 31, leaving the set of weighted dice behind on the altar.

(OOC: Yeah, but remember the module was designed for a party level of 2-4. He really wasn't meant to be a challenge anyway. The challenge was defeating the janissaries and reaching him within three rounds, because that's how long it takes him to do the ceremony.

I thought about beefing him up, but after Breila's complaint that I'm always negating her critical hits, I decided not to.)