Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

The Sarcophagus Legion V

Post by JadedDM »

The party had a restful sleep and woke up early, while the sun was still down. Using that time, Locky prayed for her new spells, so the group would be ready to leave as soon as they could.

"Kadeem, you ready?" Karkat asks.

Nodding, the Khur stands over the skeletons they found the night before. He pulls out a small vial and drops a few black drops on each of the skeletons. Moments later, they spring to life, getting to their feet and picking up their old scimitars and shields.

The six skeletons stand at full attention, like a small squadron awaiting inspection by their leader. Karkat does just that, circling them and looking them over closely. "They won't slow us down, right?" he asks.

"No, they have no need for rest," Kadeem says.

"Good! We can use them as fodder. They even out the odds a bit," Karkat says. "All right, let's get ready to move out here. Remember, the vizier already has a head start on us! Everyone break camp and saddle up!"

==========

It is First Watch (7:00 AM) and 104 F degrees out.
Attachments
Skeletons.jpg
Skeletons.jpg (118 KiB) Viewed 11399 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion V

Post by Jenara »

"How interesting." Locky comments, obviously a little unsure of the skeletons, her god frowned on such things. "I have asked for protective spells and healing, so i can help us all."

"When we get in there, Locky scouts, invisible seems to work, then Imani, and Ulster, Bab and Thurskar behind, i will take rear guard." when the Gnome protests he smiles and strokes her hair. "You are too precious, and frankly i don't like seeing you hurt. Trust me please?"

(away till Sunday night, mothers day, might sneak in a post.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka cocks her head, looking up at Jerrard when he says she should stay back, and harrumphs when he calls her "too precious". "I have an unfortunate knack for getting myself badly hurt, yes." she admits. "But I won't be able to see tracks if you've all trampled on them before I can have a look." she points out.

She eyes the skeleton group warily, animating bones was rather against Nature...
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"If there are any tracks to see, you can be sure that we will stop before we walk all over them," Imani says absently, but her eyes are upon the skeletons. "You are able to raise the dead?" Imani asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The man, Kadeem, nods. "Not raise, no. Only reanimate. These are nothing more than soulless creatures you see before you. They obey any command, but have no minds of their own," he explains. "The souls that once inhabited these shells have long since passed beyond the great beyond."

He cocks an eye toward her. "Does this surprise you? We are, after all, followers of Sekhmet, daughter of the Lord of Bones."
Attachments
Kadeem.jpg
Kadeem.jpg (26.34 KiB) Viewed 11387 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"No," Imani admits. "Though, it is a bit unnerving especially after learning of the Sarcophagus Legion," she explains. "It makes it hard to trust our...saviors."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"You'd rather not use them?" Kadeem asks. "I would think you'd want to use every advantage possible to rescue your sister-wife, no?"

Karkat, who apparently caught some of that, walks over. "Trust? The way I see it, you don't have any choice. And we don't have any choice but to trust you, as well. You'll never reach the temple without us, and we can't get into the temple. Or did you forget that?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We will make sure to go slowly, so you can see Whats going on. I want to be sure you are safe. That means no running off. We stick to some form of group." Jerrard smiles at the Gnome, she had a habit of nearly dying. "Please trust me."

"I don't like the skeletons much, but I know we need all the help we can get."

Locky shrugs, this would be fun. "I get to be invisible again? How fun."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"But what is the difference, the fundamental difference I mean, between these skeletons and the beings that make up the Sarcophagus Legion?" Babushka asks Kadeem.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Strength and numbers," Kadeem replies. "These are only six skeletons, and they are fairly weak. They will hardly win any battles on their own, but they do bolster our ranks. The Legion, however, are much more powerful and number in the hundreds. A single mummy from the Legion could wipe out our entire group."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka makes a face. "Then we really must make sure they are not raised." she says.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani looks over the skeletons one last time. They had a point that they probably would be useful here. "Should we be on our way?" she asks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ready when you are!" Locky announces jumping up, her hands on her Hoopak.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Indeed I am ready to move." Jerrard says checking his blade, "Let us get on with this, I have a bad feeling, a bad dream maybe, but I am ready to move." He glances at the Skeletons.

"They fill me with dread." He comments to Babuskha, moving in close, "They are. Un-natural."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Oh, that reminds me of something" Babushka says as she moves to pick up her backpack. She puts it back to the ground and checks the side where the fungus staff used to be attached. Is it still there, and what does it look like now?