Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion V

Post by JadedDM »

The fungus staff is where she left it, remaining limp as a wet noodle.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

And it doesn't look any different as it has been before? LIke a little shrivelled and dry?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

It has not changed any in appearance as far as the ranger can tell.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Puzzled, Babushka shrugs and puts on her backpack. "I am ready" she declares.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The party rides on, heading north by northwest. The heat is oppressive, but they make good progress through the morning. When noon comes, though, that is when the sun is at its worst. Imani finds that Artemis lags more and more behind the others, until she comes to a full stop. Covered in a sheen of sweat, her tongue lolls out of her mouth limply. The horse cannot go another step.

Circling around, Karkat approaches on his own horse and clucks his tongue. "Poor thing. Better put it out of its misery, and then double up with the others. We still have another couple of hours before we get there, and we can't afford a slow down."

==============

It is currently 104 F degrees.

7:00 AM to 9:30 AM
Locky makes 5 CON checks (1d20+1): 12, 6, 8, 10, 2. Locky takes (2-1) 1 damage from heat exhaustion.
Babushka makes 5 CON checks (1d20+1): 17, 12, 17, 14, 6. Babushka takes (4-3) 1 damage from heat exhaustion.
Jerrard makes 5 CON checks (1d20+2): 5, 18, 16, 14, 13. Jerrard takes (6-8) 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Ulster makes 5 CON checks (1d20+2): 8, 20, 6, 7, 9. Ulster takes (2-3): 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Thuskar makes 5 CON checks (1d20+2): 16, 18, 10, 14, 13. Thuskar takes (8-9): 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Imani makes 5 CON checks (1d20+1): 21, 6, 4, 10, 18. Imani takes (6-6): 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Artemis makes 5 CON checks (1d20+2): 7, 12, 16, 11, 16. Artemis takes 4 damage.

9:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Locky makes 5 CON checks (1d20+1): 8, 8, 6, 20, 13. Locky takes (4-5) 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Babushka makes 5 CON checks (1d20+1): 3, 5, 4, 15, 19. Babushka takes (4-5) 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Jerrard makes 5 CON checks (1d20+2): 11, 9, 9, 21, 3. Jerrard takes (2-2) 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Ulster makes 5 CON checks (1d20+2): 11, 13, 18, 4, 20. Ulster takes (4-6) 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Thuskar makes 5 CON checks (1d20+2): 16, 12, 16, 13, 4. Thuskar takes (8-9) 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Imani makes 5 CON checks (1d20+1): 3, 6, 15, 20, 19. Imani takes (6-7) 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Artemis makes 5 CON checks (1d20+2): 10, 8, 5, 16, 17. Artemis takes 4 damage. Artemis cannot continue any further.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky watches the horse struggle to stay standing, smiling kindly she pats his back, (Healing him: 1d8=7 points of damage) She then casts endure heat, allowing the horse to breathe easier.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

With the first spell, the horse is suddenly re-energized and with the second, the heat no longer seems to bother her at all.

"Huh," Karkat says. "A kender that's actually useful. I'll be damned." Turning his horse back around, he says, "Let's move out!"

After another two and a half hours, the temple comes into view. Karkat calls for a halt. "Safa, go scout."

She returns a few minutes later and reports. "The entrance is guarded. I counted ten men, ten horses, and a donkey."

"The rest must be inside then," the kapak reasons. Turning to the party, he says, "All right, we'll send in the skeletons first as a distraction, then strike from behind. Your job is to get inside. We'll handle these jokers. Just get into the temple during the chaos and find the princess. We don't have any time to lose. We'll be waiting out here for you when you return, and with some luck, we'll have ten more horses to go around, too," he says with a grin.

==========

12:00 PM to 2:30 PM
Locky makes 5 CON checks (1d20+1): 20, 13, 7, 15, 19. Locky takes (8-10): 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Babushka makes 5 CON checks (1d20+1): 8, 13, 21, 4, 14. Babushka takes (4-2) 2 damage from heat exhaustion.
Jerrard makes 5 CON checks (1d20+2): 9, 12, 20, 20, 20. Jerrard takes (6-6): 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Ulster makes 5 CON checks (1d20+2): 19, 3, 16, 5, 3. Ulster takes (2-1): 1 damage from heat exhaustion.
Thuskar makes 5 CON checks (1d20+2): 19, 17, 20, 3, 6. Thuskar takes (6-6) 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Imani makes 5 CON checks (1d20+1): 5, 11, 21, 8, 5. Imani takes (6-8) 0 damage from heat exhaustion.
Artemis is protected by Endure Heat.
Attachments
Ancient Temple.jpg
Ancient Temple.jpg (251.32 KiB) Viewed 5925 times
Key:<br />A - Caravan massacre<br />B - Midnight Jackal massacre<br />C - First campsite<br />D - Black Plume<br />E - Second campsite<br />F - Ruined Temple
Key:
A - Caravan massacre
B - Midnight Jackal massacre
C - First campsite
D - Black Plume
E - Second campsite
F - Ruined Temple
Interior Desert.JPG (46.05 KiB) Viewed 5925 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Right," Imani says. "Take care of my horse while we are in there, will you?" she asks.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"And I'd be very grateful if I found my donkey alive and well in your hands when I come out" Babushka smiles at Karkat.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"We got it covered," Karkat assures them. "Ready to move out?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"As ready as I will ever be" Babushka answers.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky blushes at the compliment, sitting quietly for at least an hour...

-----

"I'm ready." she smiles.

"As am I." Jerrard speaks a few words of magic, and Locky vanishes once more.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The skeletons are sent in first, charging forward with their swords drawn, their bones clacking noisily. Within moments, there are shouts and the sound of steel against steel. "That's our cue," Karkat says. He and his men charge forward, into the fray, leaving the opening of the temple unguarded for the party.

=============

Jerrard casts Invisibility on Locky.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Good Luck, Locky. Come back to us safely." Babushka tells the kender. She stays in the middle of the group as they advance.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky darts forward, checking the ground as she walks. No one would leave something as unguarded as this..

(lookS for traps, =30)

Jerrard stays to the rear, magic missle on his lips as he moves. "After you." he motions to Imani.

Borderlands 3 - Navi