Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 7: The Slave Caravan

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 7: The Slave Caravan

Post by Jenara »

"Not yet, we can keep it that way I think." she says with a hopeful glance.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon touches Riverwind and smiles at him. "Sit down, beloved. Even if we get out of this wagon, we have very little chances to escape all these enemies. Let us rest and save our strength for another situation that might be more favourable."

To Elistan, she says: "Mishakal told us to retrieve a set of disks, which we managed to do. They are wondrous things! A pious person, like you or me, can read them even if they can't read what is written by mortals. If you read them and open your heart to the truths written in them, Mishakal will give you powers like mine." She smiles, looking at Elistan with bright eyes, radiating the fulfilment she found.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Elistan is about to respond when suddenly, a wavering call rolls from the woods like the cry of some elegant bird. Gilthanas stiffens, brings a finger to his lips. Another call floats from the east, and now the elf responds with his own call.

Immediately, the caravan guards begin to shriek and whimper. The drive of the cage wagon slumps forward, an arrow bristling in his neck. Quickly, the guard at the driver's side draws his sword and leaps to the ground; a deadly arrow whistles into his breast.

Sergeant Toede gallops from the rear of the column, screaming to his troops to draw arms and face the unseen foe. He barrels into his gully dwarf servant, and berates the poor creature with a volley of curses.

"On your feet, you pitiful worm, and cover my glorious retreat. Above all, dog, these prisoners are not to escape!" Staggering beneath his weight, Toede's horse carries him to the front of the column, where the sounds of fighting are faintest.

The little dwarf climbs to his feet, muttering under his breath. He adjusts his oversized helmet and raises a fist in the direction of his master. He still grumbles as his eyes wander to the cage holding the heroes.

Hoisting his dented battleaxe, he moves to the locks holding the cage shut, and shatters them with two solid blows. As the door swings open, the little gully dwarf disappears into the underbrush.

Although freedom lies just beyond the swinging cage door, the battle outside is becoming more violent. Several elven warriors glide from the darkened woods, but many of the goblin guards have rushed to the scene as well.

==============

Goblins are arriving soon! Characters may leave the cage at the rate of 2 per round. There are lots of short swords lying about, dropped by dead guards. The party's gear is in the wagon in front of them, and Tanis and the others are locked up in the wagon behind them.

The elves are dealing with the bulk of the enemy forces, but not all of them. You're not out of the woods yet, so to speak!
Attachments
Fight for Freedom.jpg
Fight for Freedom.jpg (61.47 KiB) Viewed 6168 times
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Tas hops out of the cage and picks up a stone if possible. He moves towards the front of the cage and towards the weapons of the group.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Quick! Fighters out first, we will follow" Goldmoon says, looking at Elistan, and at the dwarven smith. What condition is he in?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No, I cannot," Elistan says. "Our families are being held at Pax Tharkas. If we escape, we may never see them again." The two Seeker guards nod in agreement with the priest.

"Not me," Theros says, getting to his feet. The big human doesn't look like he'll win any fights, but he does seem strong enough to walk, at least. "I have no family. I'm getting out of here."

=========

(OOC: Dwarven??? I described Theros as, and I quote, "a huge man with dark skin." :lol: )
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Upon see that she is free, Tika quickly exits the wagon. She bends down to pick up one of the short sword, then tries to use that to break open the lock on the wagon holding Tanis and the others.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Quickly Magpie, out first." Laurana ushers the Gully dwarf out, of the door. "Go to the trees, stay in sight, there are not many of my people but enough.."

"Magpie not go with you?" She frowns a little, her almost clean features crumpling in distaste.

"No, help the others." She looks to Tika and the other Wagon, they had to get there weapons. Jumping out quickly she grasps a short sword, and throws one to Sturm when he appears.

"The rest of you to the trees, Gilthanas, can you go with them?" She asks putting on a little girl face.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Are you sure you will not come?" Sturm asks, waiting for the women to leave, when Elistan says no he jumps out of the wagon a takes the unfamiliar blade from Laurana.

"I believe stopping you would be useless." He shrugs, and runs to back up Tika.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Riverwind exits as he is in line, flowing out of the cage. Scooping up a short sword laying about, he immediately heads for the supply wagons with their gear. The Discs of Mishakal must be recovered. Staying hidden in shadows as he can. he watches for guards as he approaches.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Moving quickly, Tas hurries out of the cage, picks up a stone, and makes a beeline toward the wagon carrying the party's weapons and gear. Magpie hops out of him shortly after. Sturm, Laurana, Riverwind and Tika all attempt to leave at once, and get in each other's way. The door isn't big enough for all four to exit at once, they'll have to go in pairs.

Gilthanas, waiting his turn to get out, tosses Laurana a strange look. "Me? And just what do you intend to do, dear sister?"

Toede's orders do not go unheeded, however. The hobgoblins guarding the supply wagon quickly begin to organize when they realize the prisoners are escaping. From the front of the caravan, two goblins arrive on the scene armed with short swords. More are on the way.

=========

Initiative
Tasslehoff (1d10): 1
Tika (1d10): 10
Magpie (1d10): 3
Laurana (1d10): 5
Sturm (1d10): 4
Riverwind (1d10): 4

Round 1!

Tasslehoff leaves the wagon, grabs a stone, and moves toward the supply wagon.
Magpie leaves the wagon.
Sturm, Laurana, Riverwind and Tika all try to leave the wagon at once, but get in each other's way.

OOC: Remember, it's nighttime, so those without infravision suffer a -1 penalty to attacks and saving throws. And I did say only two people could leave the cage per round.
Attachments
Key:<br />T - Tasslehoff<br />M - Magpie<br />Red Numbers - Goblins<br />Blue Numbers - Hobgoblins
Key:
T - Tasslehoff
M - Magpie
Red Numbers - Goblins
Blue Numbers - Hobgoblins
Fight for Freedom 01.jpg (93.99 KiB) Viewed 6153 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Sturm, Riverwind, you go first" Goldmoon says, a little exasperated. "Then Laurana and Tika, then Theros and me." She turns to Elistan: "Are you sure you don't want to come? With Mishakal's powers, you could be more of a help to your family and your people."

(OOC: maybe I shouldn't read so many threads at once. My memory doesn't hold them cleanly apart any more)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"To get our gear, and to save the others, I am not incapable." She smiles, waiting her turn.

"Could you get me a weapon Sturm?" She asks the Knight as he prepares to leave.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sturm struggles with trying to get through, feeling a little embarrassed that he tried to barge past everyone else.

"I will my Lady, Riverwind, it appears its you and me." He goes to leave and collect two blades.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Exiting, Riverwind looks for two weapons, preferably a long sword and a dagger.

"Stay together, we have to get our gear."