Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 7: The Slave Caravan

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Nuke
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 7: The Slave Caravan

Post by Nuke »

Riverwind steers the wagon into the brush 20 feet of so, just deep enough to hide it from view and returns to the back to gather his bow and quiver. He returns to the edge of the brush and looks for a target.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tika starts to withdraw from the battle, backing up towards the bushes.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The Clearing

Theros, Goldmoon, Laurana, Magpie, Tasslehoff and Sturm are taken to a small clearing in the woods. In the faint moonlight, they can make out a number of other humans that were rescued from the other wagon, mostly women and children. They huddle together in both fear and the chill night air. There are a number of elves about, too, keeping a close watch out.

"Wait here," the woman who led them here tells them. "If we find any of your companions, we shall bring them here. The prince will arrive shortly."

Into the Brush

Riverwind doesn't get anywhere near 20 feet into the brush before the elks suddenly rear up and stop. Squinting in the moonlight, the barbarian realizes why. He nearly crashed into some trees.

Before he can think to do much else, a pair of elves appear from the darkness. They climb up onto the wagon. "Hand me the reins," says one, a pale man with brown hair. "My people have littered the area with traps, and if you are not careful, you will ride right into one. I know the way to safety."

The Battlefield

Tika slowly backs away until she reaches the brush. Turning, she nearly runs into Raistlin. The faint red moonlight lends the wizard a fairly sinister appearance. Shortly after, they are joined by Tanis. "You alright?" he asks.

Not long after, Raven-eye, Gilthanas, Sunstar and Caramon show up, too. "Follow me," Gilthanas says. "Step only where I step, but hurry."

========

Initiative
Tika (1d10): 2
Flint (1d10): 6
Caramon (1d10): 9
Raistlin (1d10): 1
Tanis (1d10): 3
Sunstar (1d10+3): 6
Raven-eye (1d10+3): 4
Gilthanas (1d10+3): 5
Goblin 03 (1d10+3): 10
Goblin 10 (1d10+3): 11
Goblin 12 (1d10+3): 7
Goblin 13 (1d10+3): 10
Goblin 14 (1d10+3): 11
Hobgoblin 01 (1d10+5): 6
Hobgoblin 02 (1d10+5): 8
Hobgoblin 05 (1d10+5): 9
Hobgoblin 06 (1d10+5): 8
Hobgoblin 07 (1d10+5): 9

Round 8!

Raistlin withdraws into the brush (leaves the map).
Tika withdraws into the brush (leaves the map).
Tanis withdraws into the brush (leaves the map).
Raven-eye attacks Hobgoblin 07 with a short sword (1d20-4): -3, critical fumble! He then withdraws into the brush (leaves the map).
Gilthanas attacks Goblin 03 with a short sword (1d20): 17, hit for (1d6): 6 damage. Goblin 03 dies. He then withdraws into the brush (leaves the map).
Hobgoblin 01 attacks Sunstar with his long sword (1d20): 7, miss.
Flint punches Goblin 12 (1d20+1): 19, wild swing for 1 damage. He then begins to withdraw toward the brush.
Sunstar attacks Hobgoblin 07 with two short swords (1d20-4): 6, miss and (1d20-6): -3, miss. She then withdraws into the brush (leaves the map).
Goblin 12 attacks Caramon with his short sword (1d20-1): 11, miss.
Hobgoblin 02 attacks Caramon with his long sword (1d20-1): 15, hit for (1d8): 7 damage.
Hobgoblin 06 picks up his fallen sword.
Hobgoblin 05 pursues and attacks Flint with his long sword (1d20-2): 15, hit for (1d8): 1 damage.
Hobgoblin 07 attacks Caramon with his long sword (1d20-1): 19, critical hit! for (2d8): 4 damage.
Caramon punches Goblin 12 (1d20+1): 13, hook for 5 damage. Goblin 12 falls. He then withdraws into the brush (leaves the map).
Goblin 03 is dead.
Goblin 13 approaches Flint.
Goblin 10 attacks Flint with his short sword (1d20-1): 11, miss.
Goblin 14 approaches Flint.
Goblin 15 arrives on the scene.
Goblin 16 arrives on the scene.

(OOC: xxx)
Attachments
Fight for Freedom 08.jpg
Fight for Freedom 08.jpg (93.96 KiB) Viewed 7005 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Porthios." Laurana says quietly, "My Brother, he will not be happy with me I fear." She pulls Magpie close, making sure everyone knows the Dwarf is with her, her keen eyes darting to the brush constantly.

"Your Brother save us?" Magpie asks, turning to look at Laurana in curiosity, "Me wonder what they think of me?" She asks, allowing Laurana to hold her close, this was quite new, rather exciting really, although the battle cries had scared her. She holds on tightly to the sword she picked up and waits.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Your Brother?" Sturm asks, sitting by himself somewhat, he keeps his distance from Goldmoon, as proper, instead he waits to see what happens. Hoping the others are ok.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tika looks a little taken back from the sinister look of Raistlin, but she tries to overcome it easily enough. "Um, sorry," she says a little sheepishly. Turning to Tanis once he arrives she gives him a nod. "I think we are all okay," she says with a small smile. She was going to add more, but then Gilthanas shows up. Having no desire to actually stay to wait for the goblins to show up in the bush, she follows after the elf. "What about Flint?" she asks.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Riverwind is not surprised by the sudden appearance of the elves, in fact he kinda expected as much. With some experiance of elvish ambush tactics, he gladly hands over the reins. "We can lose the wagon, but not the cargo, we cannot let the foe regain control of the Discs."

"Are there any of my companions still back there, if so I must go help." He slides into the back to retrieve is gear, sans armor, given the time constraint.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Flint's coming," Tanis says.

"Worry not for the dwarf," Gilthanas says. "My people will lead him to safety, unless he is too stubborn to listen to them. This way."

Leading the way, the elf prince leads Tika, Tanis and the others to the same clearing Goldmoon, Sturm, Laurana, and Tas are waiting at.

"Good to see you all still alive," Tanis remarks.

"Riverwind?" asks Goldmoon, concern in her eyes.

The half-elf looks around, realizing the plainsman is not present. He glances back behind him. "I'm sure he'll be along. Flint, too."

========

"Disks?" the elf asks, having no idea what the human is talking about. He shakes his head. "Your companions are being brought to the same place we are taking you. If any more enter the woods, they too will be guided to safety." Snapping the reins, they drive the wagon off toward the clearing, whether Riverwind accompanies them or not.

(OOC: Riverwind retrieves his masterwork dwarven long sword, bow, and quiver of arrows.

By the way, does anyone want to keep the goblin weapons they picked up, or discard them when no longer needed?)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

(Tika will probably keep the short sword she picked up.)
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"The Discs if Mishakal, the most important cargo of it all. Good deal, it is important we are all together."

Riverwind still keyed up from the adrenalin rush, looks about, looking for any foe men.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Riverwind remains in the wagon, his bow at the ready, should any 'foe men' approach. However, none do. Flint does, however. "Hold up! Hold up, rust and tarnish!" he demands, pumping his legs to catch up. He manages to get to the wagon and hop up onto the back, near Riverwind. He rests there, catching his breath.

In the distance, the plainsman can sometimes hear a goblin or draconian scream or cry out when they fall into a trap. Eventually, the sounds die out altogether.

The elves drive the wagon toward the clearing, where the others wait.