Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 7: The Slave Caravan

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 7: The Slave Caravan

Post by Jenara »

Magpie runs into the woods as fast as her little legs can carry her, pausing only to pick up one of the heavy swords. If she finds the other dwarf she grabs him by the arm. "You come with me! Me keep you safe." she says as she swings the heavy blade, nearly falling over as she does so.

(ooc: who are we waiting on?)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Tas calls out to the bad guys in the most common tongue. "I hear you guys are guarding the cursed weapons." He stops to raise his hands and makes a spooky sound. "Dragons and flame and cursed weapons, oh my." Tas waits for the others to arrive.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Someone needs to get Tanis and the others out," Tika says as she waits for her turn to get out of the wagon.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I would be interested in hearing more about your gods, but I am afraid for the sake of our families, we cannot go with you. Perhaps our paths will cross another time," Elistan says. "Good luck to you."

Hopping out of the wagon, Riverwind looks around, but the only weapons available on the ground are short swords dropped by goblins. The hobgoblins have long swords, but they don't look like they'll give them up easily. Instead, the ranger grabs a pair of short swords for now. Sturm does likewise.

Tas taunts the hobgoblins, but the two goblins charge the kender. He dances away from the first blow, but gets stabbed in the left shoulder by the second one.

Sestun is nowhere to be seen; he's long gone by now. Magpie picks up a short sword and makes a beeline for the brush.

"Watch out!" Gilthanas calls. Frustrated, he begins to speak in a strange language. "Ast tasarak sinuralan krynawi!" he calls, and suddenly five of the hobgoblins guarding the supply wagon topple over in a deep slumber.

Two more goblins show up on the scene, with more on the way.

==============

Initiative
Sturm (1d10): 7
Riverwind (1d10): 5
Magpie (1d10): 7
Gilthanas (1d10+1): 9
Goblin 01 (1d10+3): 8
Goblin 02 (1d10+3): 5

Round 2!

Riverwind leaves the caravan and picks up a pair of short swords.
Goblin 02 attacks Tasslehoff with his short sword (1d20+2): 8, miss.
Sturm leaves the caravan and picks up a pair of short swords.
Magpie picks up a short sword and runs toward the brush.
Goblin 01 attacks Tasslehoff with his short sword (1d20+2): 14, hit for (1d6): 6 damage.
Gilthanas casts Sleep on (2d4): 5 of the hobgoblins

(OOC: Actions for Round 3?)
Attachments
Key:<br />T - Tasslehoff<br />M - Magpie<br />R - Riverwind<br />S - Sturm<br />Red Numbers - Goblins<br />Blue Numbers - Hobgoblins<br />Yellow Numbers - Sleeping hobgoblins
Key:
T - Tasslehoff
M - Magpie
R - Riverwind
S - Sturm
Red Numbers - Goblins
Blue Numbers - Hobgoblins
Yellow Numbers - Sleeping hobgoblins
Fight for Freedom 02.jpg (95.18 KiB) Viewed 6336 times
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Glad to be out of the cage, Riverwind races to Tas' side, pressing the attack with a flurry of blades. "Don't let 'em surround you." Selecting his first target to engage, (#4) he strikes.

to Hit rd3 (1d20+1=3, 1d20+1=21)

He misses the first hack, but follows up with a devastating hit.

damage (1d6+1=6)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Laurana, Tika, you next. I'll follow you to the other prisoner's wagon, Tika" Goldmoon says, trying to organise the group.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Jumping out of the Caravan Laurana grasps a sword from the ground and prepares to engage the enemy. "I am with you Sturm!" She shouts.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Drawing the two short swords Sturm Engages the nearest creature. (#4 Hobgoblin)

1d20=2, 1d20=11

(No idea what the rolls will be, bit late, can you possibly do the math? Or wait till the morning?)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tika makes her way out of the wagon now. She quickly moves to pick up a short sword so she can try to bang open the lock that is holding Tanis and the others.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Roilling back, Tas gives himseld room to throw his rock safely. He tosses it at the beastie with a wink and calls out. "You guys really are rather strong to fight an entire army by yourselves."

(( Mucking with castle roller trying to figure out the code - This might work.. 1d20=6 ))
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Hopping out of the wagon, Tika and Laurana quickly scoop up the first short swords they find while Magpie continues her dash into the brush. The gully dwarf jumps in and vanishes from sight.

Continuing to taunt his opponents, Tas backs away and then hurls a rock at one of them, but it bounces off the goblin's shield. Snarling with rage at the kender's mocking of them, they charge him, both striking. One slits the kender's throat with a shallow cut. Tasslehoff goes down while clutching at his neck, bleeding out onto the ground.

Sturm goes for one of the hobgoblins guarding their gear, flailing the two short swords inexpertly. As it's dark, he's used to much longer blades with better reach, and he never did have the necessary coordination to dual-wield, none of his blows come even close to hitting their targets. The hobgoblins, on the other hand, can see just fine in the dark and are quite skilled with their long swords. Two manage to get in lucky hits, severely hurting the Solamnic. A third one just barely misses what would have been a near-fatal blow.

Riverwind, on the other hand, has better luck. He can't see too well in the dark, either, and is also more accustomed to the longer reach of bigger blades. But he is quite balanced and manages to get in a lucky hit, stabbing his opponent in the heart. The goblin falls to his feet, dead.

Alas, two more goblins show up to replace that one, with more on the way.

===============

Initiative
Riverwind (1d10+3): 7
Laurana (1d10): 8
Sturm (1d10+3): 5
Tika (1d10): 1
Tasslehoff (1d10+3): 4
Magpie (1d10): 2
Goblin 01 (1d10+3): 8
Goblin 02 (1d10+3): 6
Goblin 03 (1d10+3): 8
Goblin 04 (1d10+3): 11
Hobgoblin 03 (1d10+5): 15
Hobgoblin 04 (1d10+5): 9
Hobgoblin 16 (1d10+5): 10

Round 3!

Tika leaves the caravan and picks up a short sword.
Magpie continues toward the brush and disappears into it. (She leaves the map.)
Tasslehoff withdraws and then throws a rock at Goblin 01 (1d20+1): 7, miss.
Sturm attacks Hobgoblin 04 with both short swords (1d20-6): -4, miss and (1d20-8): 3, miss.
Goblin 02 attacks Tasslehoff with his short sword (1d20+2): 22, critical hit! for (2d6): 12 damage. Tasslehoff falls.
Riverwind attacks Goblin 04 with both short swords (1d20): 2, miss and (1d20): 20, critical hit! for (2d6+1): 9 damage. Goblin 04 dies.
Laurana leaves the caravan and picks up a short sword.
Goblin 01 attacks Tasslehoff with his short sword for (1d6): 2 damage.
Goblin 03 attacks Riverwind with his short sword (1d20+2): 10, miss.
Hobgoblin 04 attacks Sturm with his long sword (1d20-3): 17, critical hit! for (2d8): 9 damage.
Hobgoblin 16 attacks Sturm with his long sword (1d20-3): 15, miss.
Goblin 04 is dead.
Hobgoblin 03 attacks Sturm with his long sword (1d20-3): 17, critical hit! for (2d8): 7 damage.

(OOC: Holy cow, I've never rolled so many critical hits in my life. I guess Goldmoon should have healed everyone up during that long trip in the wagon, huh? :lol:

Jerrard, because Sturm is not proficient with short swords (-2), is fighting in the dark (-1), is using piercing weapons against scale mail (-1) and is dual wielding (-2/-4), he suffers severe penalties.

Nuke, I rerolled damage for you. When you get a critical hit, you roll for damage twice.

Tas is in the negatives, Sturm has 1 HP left...actions for Round 4? :satan: )
Attachments
Key:<br />T - Tasslehoff (Dying)<br />M - Magpie (Off map)<br />R - Riverwind<br />S - Sturm<br />L - Laurana<br />W - Tika<br />Red Numbers - Goblins<br />Blue Numbers - Hobgoblins<br />Yellow Numbers - Sleeping hobgoblins<br />Pale Numbers - Dead/Dying
Key:
T - Tasslehoff (Dying)
M - Magpie (Off map)
R - Riverwind
S - Sturm
L - Laurana
W - Tika
Red Numbers - Goblins
Blue Numbers - Hobgoblins
Yellow Numbers - Sleeping hobgoblins
Pale Numbers - Dead/Dying
Fight for Freedom 03.jpg (94.81 KiB) Viewed 6312 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon hops out of the wagon and grabs a sword as well, mostly to look intimidating. "Laurana, help me! Tas is down" she shouts and attempts to get through to Tas, to heal him.

INIT 5, +5 for the spell if she is not attacked first

(ooc: damn... don't know where I left my wits these days)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

(OOC: Does she pick up a sword or try to heal Tas? She can't do both in one round.)
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

(OOC: I figured it was just double damage. Crit and fumble tables are fun.)

Seeing the devastating effect their escape is taking, Riverwind goes into full defense as he retreats to Sturm's side. From there he will attack. (though I don't know if it is this round.) "DEFEND STURM" the plainsman yells.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I am right with you!" Laurana, charges Goblin #1 swinging the familiar Short Sword, she engages the creature,

1d10, 1d20+2, 1d6+2=[9], [20, 2], [6, 2]

Init 9, Critical Hit, 14 damage.

(( Laurana is quite badly injured too...))

(( Go Laurana... Go Laurana... ))

Borderlands 3 - Navi