Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion IV

Post by JadedDM »

"Besides the vizier and his men?" Karkat asks. "Not really." He shakes his head. "The temple was abandoned centuries ago. Nobody knows what's in it now, if anything."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Pffff..." Babushka lets out the breath she had been holding all through Safa's tale. "What a story!" But she says no more. Playing with a strand of her long hair that got loose, she seems to be lost in thought, making up her mind.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Then we are facing unknowns, many of them. It would be foolish not to help, a legion would take over much of the world quickly. I wonder if they really know what they are doing?" Jerrard rubs his beard softly, "It appears we once again are facing unknown odds. We need to replace a few things, torches and the like, could you help with that?" he asks, his brain already thinking of a plan.

"Oh! So i was right." Locky beams, obviously excited. "How long till we get there? I need to ask Paladine for aid."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Karkat gets to his feet and stretches. "We have a few torches, sure. And we'll arrive tomorrow. You all should get some rest, because we plan to leave at daybreak. We'll keep watch tonight. We should arrive tomorrow before nightfall."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka thinks for a moment if it is wise to accept Karkat's offer keeping watch for them all. Well, if he wanted them dead, he would not have saved them... So she smiles at him, saying "Thank you. It will be nice to have a full night's sleep"

In her bedroll, she finds it difficult to fall asleep, though. Sure, it was important to make sure the Sarcophagus Legion was not raised. But saving the granddaughter of the God of Death and daughter of a cruel demi-goddess was another matter entirely... she was not sure if she wanted to be part of this.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Thank you!" Locky beams again, spending her time praying to Paladine.

Fidgeting in her bedroll she rolls over after a short while, so she lays next to Babuskha, draping one arm over the Gnome the little Kender lays close by in the Fetal position, excited for what she was going to face tomorrow.

Spells: 1st Protection from Evil, 3x Cure Light, Light
2nd Hold Person, Silence 15’ Radius, Cure Moderate Wounds
3rd Magical Vestment
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Indeed, thank you, we will do all we can not to let you down."

Having cast no spells Jerrard spends his time discussing tactics with Ulster and Thurskar, considering a suitable pattern, this time at least Artemis could stay outside with Karkat.

He talks to Imani if she broaches a subject of conversation, but does not push it.

Finally he walks past Babuskha and Locky, kissing the pair lightly on the forehead he gets into his sleeping bag and goes to sleep.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani watches as everyone begins curling up for the rest of the night. "Well, wait a minute," Imani says in disbelief. "Shouldn't we talk about this? Shouldn't we come up with some sort of plan, as it doesn't seem like we are going to have a lot of time to discuss this later on. We should probably decide what we are going to do if we are able to save Syriana. We can't just run off if we are able to save her," she says.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Karkat and Safa head off to talk with their own people. Once they are out of earshot, Ulster says softly, "Not so loud."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani glances over to the departing figures before turning back to Ulster, her voice lowering. "Sorry, I just think this is all something we should talk about."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Indeed." Jerrard says rising once more, "Yes we need to plan, I was trying to be discreet, Let Locky rest, she will have nothing to add, her and Babuskha will scout, we move behind. Unless you have a better idea?"

The Mage looks directly at Imani, "I could tell you luck got us here, but this situation is not Lucky, I am no leader, no tactician." He lowers his head, "Any ideas you have, they would be welcome."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, first off, I don't think Artemis is going to make it very far tomorrow," Imani says. "She isn't holding up well within the heat," she says.

"Why is it you double up on scouting?" Imani asks. "Locky is the best for that job considering she is a Kender. Babuskha, I think, should stay back with us. At least, if we are attacked why Locky is gone, we will have someone that will be able to see in the dark providing the torch goes out again like it did with that fight with the dark dwarf," she explains. "Unless you have a spell that can create light on a long term basis."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(edit on Lockys spells, change one of the cure lights for Endure heat for Artemis)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"That plan would work, we send Locky up front, I believe she can summon light, I can too, if I memorize the spell." He opens his spellbook once more, reading while he talks. "Locky should also use a protective spell on Babuskha, she is unarmored and a target." He smiles at the Princess.

"I do not believe you were not chosen for your brains." He adds.

"I do have a doubt though. If they tracked us through you, could they know we are coming?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, once we are inside the temple, the heat won't be as bad I assume. We can all wear our armor in there, so that shouldn't be a problem should it? Unless she rushes in head on into battle. I assume that is what Ulster, Thuskar, and myself are for," Imani says. She smiles lightly at the compliment Jerrard paid her. "You could probably use the protective spell more than Babuskha, but you seem more concerned for her safety. You care a great deal about her, don't you?" she asks.

"As for knowing that we are coming...maybe?" Imani says. "I'm not sure. I don't know anything about magic. They probably assume we were eaten by the vultures by now, so why would they keep tracking me if that is the case?"