Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

The Sarcophagus Legion IV

Post by JadedDM »

By the time Fourth Watch rolled around, the sun was long up and beating down furiously. Fortunately, the party was still in the mine, so it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, that would have to change pretty soon.

Artemis is still invisible. It proved very difficult and annoying for Imani to feed, water, and brush her down last night.

The fatigue from desert travel has all been healed. Too bad it won't last. However, the injuries everyone took from the spider, vermin dogs, and dark dwarf, remain. It will take much longer for those wounds to heal naturally.

=========

It is Fourth Watch (10 AM). Locky and Jerrard need to pray/study for their new spells. Locky needs 90 minutes to refill all of her slots, while Jerrard would only need 30 minutes.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion IV

Post by Breila »

While Locky and Jerrard fresh up their spells, Babushka is restless, but does her best to stay calm. In their home country, she would have busied herself with some needlework, but she had left everything with her woolen clothes in the Khan's palace. Come to think of it, that would be something they had to get, too. Babuhska sighs and looks at the mine doors longingly. Really, did they have to leave? Wouldn't it be better to wait until it was evening again and travel by starlight? She decides to bring the subject up once Locky and Babushka have replenished their spells.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani sits separately from the party, looking out over the desert from the open door. This was certainly not turning out how she had planned. It was suppose to be so easy. Find Syriana, bring her back to the Khan, and as a reward she and her son would have freedom. The idea of getting out of this blasted desert, exploring the world with her son, and doing whatever it is she wants to do had driven her this far, and now it all seems like a dream that was just slightly out of her reach.

Imani shakes her head slightly as if she was trying to rid herself of her own thoughts, but they were always lingering in the background. Instead, she turns her attention to the group of people that she found to help her.

First is the gnome. Babushka had been cautious towards her from the very beginning. Though, Imani is sure that she never really did anything to warrant such cautiousness other than the fact that she is one of the wives of the Khan. It wasn't until the argument within the Shrine that she developed the same feeling of cautiousness toward the gnome. Would Babushka really try to help save her son, or would she convince the rest of the group to save only save Syriana? The gnome is a possible threat to the freedom of her son and herself.

Jerrard, on the other hand, is much more reasonable in Imani's eyes, for a man. It seems to her that the mage actually wants to try to help Syriana and herself. He is a possible ally in this, which she is grateful for. Though, would the bond between Babushka and him ultimately result in him deciding to help Syriana only? It was best to err on the side of caution with Jerrard as well.

Imani's eyes take in the kender cleric as well. There is no threat from that one. Locky would go where the adventure is, and she would follow her friends.

Finally, she looks towards Thuskar and Ulster. They are an interesting pair to say the least. Thuskar seems to have no control over himself in battle. He is handsome, but also quite serious. What happened to him for him to become the way he is?

Ulster, on the other hand, is the exact opposite of Thuskar. He is handsome much like Thuskar, and he is kind of a goof. Though, it is kind of an endearing quality which makes Imani smile slightly as she looks over him. She has the feeling that he honestly wants to help both Syriana and herself, so that puts him in a favorable light. Though, Imani still doesn't know a whole lot about him either.

Clearing her throat, Imani finally says. "We need to make a detailed plan on what we are going to do."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Yes a full plan would be useful, right now we need to heal and allow Locky to prepare some protection for us all." Jerrard comments as he watches Imani closely, the woman was a strange one indeed.

He moves over to Thurskar, whispering quietly. "How are you doing? I assume those creatures brought back some bad memories?" He asks as he reaches for his spellbook, considering what spells to choose. (The same as before).
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Hmmm." Locky says, dying to say something, but not really knowing what to say, why was everyone arguing? It would work out ok, it always did somehow.

Fills up with cure lights and cure moderates.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Looks like we're heading to the village you talked about," Ulster says to Imani, stretching. He starts to take off his armor in preparation for going back out into the desert heat. "The one that isn't under the khan's control. Or...maybe it was the dwarven colony. I forget," he admits.

"We are...walking there?" Syriana asks hesitantly. She assumed the party had ridden here, but there is no sign of horses...just the donkey.

Thuskar shrugs at Jerrard. "I'm fine," is all he says. He doesn't seem to want to talk about it. He, too, begins removing his armor and stuffing the pieces into his pack.

After another ninety minutes, Jerrard and Locky have replenished their spells.

=======

It is now half past Fifth Watch (11:30 AM).

Jerrard memorizes Magic Missile and Web.
Locky memorizes Cure Light Wounds (x3) and Cure Moderate Wounds (x3).
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Something that should be taken into consideration is that these places, which ever one we decide to go to, is days away," Imani says. "I'm out of water, and Syriana doesn't have any provisions. We will also have to endure the desert sun for days as well, so we are going to need that protection from the sun that your God can provide us if we are going to make it to the dwarven colony," she says to Locky.

"And my horse is in here somewhere. It is invisible at the moment," Imani says to Syriana. "Jerrard, can you make my horse visible again?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"So the very first thing we need for our plans is: How much water and food do we have? How far can we go? And where could we get fresh provisions?" Babushka states the obvious. "Me and Dekker have food for a week and water for two days, what about the rest of you? Probably the amount of water we have will tell us where we can go."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster and Thuskar do a quick inventory check and realize that they have about 35 rations of food and 50 rations of water. The kender, gnome, and 5 humans each consume 1 ration of food and water a day, while the horse and donkey both need 4 rations of food and water a day. This means they consume 11 rations of food and water a day, so their food would run out in three days and their water in four days.

Ulster quickly explains this to the group after doing the math.

(EDIT: Wait, that's wrong. They consume 15 rations of food and water a day. So that's two days of food and three days of water! Oh, well. We'll say Ulster miscalculated, heh.)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"So, Imani, which of the places we discussed can we reach in three days?" Babushka asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I know of the places Imani speaks of," Syriana says. "And the only place we can go in three days or less on foot...is back to Ak-Tubal. Anywhere else is at least a week away, at best."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Then we need more food and certainly more Water." Jerrard says flatly, "that means we have to go deeper into this place first. Locky can make water, can we use some of the barrels to store it?"

(Locky will heal the group later.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Most of them were smashed, but...there were a few intact. Maybe Dekker can carry one or two?" Thuskar suggests.

========

A single small barrel can hold up to 55 gallons of water. Note that a single casting of Create Water from Locky will create 20 gallons of water.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"If we find a way to fix them to his pack saddle, sure" Babushka answers.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky casts:

Thurskar: CLW 1d8=5, CMW 1d10+1=7 = 12 hp
Ulster: CMW 1d10+1=11 = 11hp
Jerrard: CLW 1d8=7 = 7 hp
Babuskha: CLW 1d8=3, CMW 1d10+1=10 = 13 hp
Locky: CLW 1d8=7, 1d8=2 = 9 hp

Borderlands 3 - Navi