Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion IV

Post by Jerrard »

"We have been through some serious situations, we barely escaped alive. I owe my life to Bab and that silly Kender." he laughs lightly. "Situations like that tend to pull you together." he shrugs realising it did not answer the question.

"Yes I care for her, I have little experience with." he blushes "Ladies. I fought for my people, and then took up the mantle of High sorcery. There was little time for such things."

Sitting back he laughs again. "Am I really telling you this? Speaking of such things You have an admirer." he glances at the warrior. "It is harmless, I think."

"Do you trust us? We were once strangers, yet we have risked our lives for your cause." stroking Bab's hair the adds. "She has had a hard life. It makes her defensive, get to know her, she is quite sweet really."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster, who is sitting right there in earshot, blushes beet red when Jerrard looks at him. Quickly getting to his feet, he mutters something about checking on Artemis before slipping away, embarrassed.

Thuskar shakes his head before rolling out his bedroll and lying down, looking up at the stars.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

(Oops assumed it was a private conversation, he would have lowered his voice if i realised he was within earshot!)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Isn't it strange to care for someone that is not of your own race?" Imani asks curiously. "Or is that common in your culture?"

"Admirer?" Imani asks, as she watches Ulster leave in confusion. She turns her attention back to Jerrard. "You mean he wants to buy me for his own from the Khan?" she asks.

"As for trust, it is difficult," Imani admits. She looks down at her hands as she speaks. "My goals are not your goals in the end. I don't know what your intentions are. We might save Syriana, then you all might decide to leave. I couldn't leave my son."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I believe that Race is not important, so why should it matter that we are different?" Jerrard comments as he looks directly at the woman. "I like to think of her as my family, families look after each other."

"Buy you? Normally in my culture women are not bought and sold like cattle, they are given free will, the chance to make up their own minds, as the Gods intended." He shrugs, things certainly were different here, of course he knew of arranged marriages in Solomnia too. "As for leaving you to fend for yourself to rescue your son. I gave my word, I do not break that for any reason."

(Edit, changed the focus slightly)
Last edited by Jerrard on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(ooc: If Babushka was awake, she would heartily agree with Jerrard's view of their relationship)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"It doesn't work that way here. Women are basically sold to those of greater power. For example, my tribe gave me to the Khan in hopes of keeping the tribe safe," she explains. "If it does not work that way in your culture, then how does it work?"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Many cultures match suitable partners regardless of their wishes, the Dwarves for instance, and my own culture. But I am starting to see things differently." the mage actually blushes, this conversation was far out of his comfort zone.

"In many of the more forward thinking culture you choose your partner, someone you like, are umm attracted to." he blushes again. "And you choose to be with them."

He glances at Ulster stroking Bab's hair.

"If you came with us, you could be free."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babs wakes up a little, smiles at Jerrard, turns around and goes back to sleep.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"That is what I wanted for my son," Imani admits. "We have to save Syriana first though. After that, we can plan for a way to save my son, and then hopefully I'll be free from this," she says. She tries to sound hopeful, but she doesn't sound very convincing. Following Jerrard's gaze over to Ulster. "Should I...speak to him?" she asks. "Or...uh, leave it alone? I wouldn't know what to say."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Leave him, I know its hard to accept, but he obviously has.. feelings for you." Jerrard smiles, his hand still stroking Babuskha softly, "Even if they are not reciprocated, he obviously needs to tell you in his own time.."

"As for finding a new life for you, while it looks hopeless, things are better than they seem. After all we are alive, we are in a better situation than we were." He gives her a hopeful glance.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Hmm," Imani says. She smiles lightly behind her veil to Jerrard. "Thank you," she says. "I think we should probably get some sleep now. We have a long day ahead tomorrow."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The party gets some rest during the night, recovering from their injuries and fatigue. Nothing bothers them during this time. In the morning, Locky prays to Paladine for more spells and receives them.

===========

10:00 AM - 4:00 AM
Locky heals 1 HP naturally.
Ulster heals 1 HP naturally.
Jerrard heals 1 HP naturally.
Thuskar recovers 3 HP from heat exhaustion.
Imani recovers 2 HP from heat exhaustion.
Artemis recovers 6 HP from heat exhaustion.

Random encounter check (1d10): 4, none.

5:00 AM - 7:00 AM
Artemis recovers 1 HP from heat exhaustion.
Locky recovers her spells.

Random encounter check (1d10): 9, none.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

XP is as follows:

Locky
Casting Cure Light Wounds (x5) - 500 XP
Casting Cure Moderate Wounds (x3) - 600 XP
Casting Create Water - 100 XP
(RP) General Roleplaying - 100 XP
TOTAL: 1,300 XP

Babushka
Defeating the Fire Beetle - 59 XP
(RP) General Roleplaying - 100 XP
TOTAL: 159 XP

Ulster
N/A
TOTAL: 0 XP

Jerrard
Idea to use barrel to hold water - 50 XP
(RP) Interaction with Imani - 100 XP
SUB-TOTAL: 150 + 10%
TOTAL: 165 XP

Thuskar
N/A
SUB-TOTAL: 0 + 10%
TOTAL: 0 XP

Imani
(RP) Inner monologue - 100 XP
(RP) Interaction with Jerrard - 100 XP
TOTAL: 200 XP

DM's Notes: Not a lot of XP in this one, but there was only one battle and it wasn't much of one (and the XP was shared with Karkat and his men). Some good roleplaying, though, especially between Jerrard and Imani at the end there.