Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

A fresh start

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: A fresh start

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos notices Brax pushing her chair out and saunters over again, this time with only one mug of ale, a vaguely hand-shaped welt beginning to form on his cheek, and a lack of playing card on his forehead.

"Are you two done talking about Gods know what? Come on Patches, the lads want music, I gamble better to music, and I think I still owe Bright Eyes here half a dance."

He turns to the crowd "Don't you all want to hear the bard ply his trade!?!?"
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Martin calls out to Searos, more loudly than necessary, for the benefit of the crowd: “Indeed, I will play, master Searos, very shortly. But as I mentioned earlier, I am currently on my guild-mandated break," then, more quietly: "So, who hit you, a lady or one of your gambling opponents? I daresay either case would be unfortunate. Tell me who it was, and I'll make her feel really badly about it during my next set, if you like. Maybe get you a second chance.

Then he turns back to Brax: “A counter-argument. Brilliant! And so very close to a correct interpretation of my intent. There’s surely a bright future for you in philosophy, should you ever decide to change professions.

That you chose to thank Constable Petterson warms my heart. Your earlier remarks had me thinking you believed the militia undeserving of thanks, merely because they were doing what is expected of them. Such a attitudes can cause no end of trouble. That you have come so far from your roots is commendable. I still struggle with mine own.” Martin leans in closer, to speak quietly.

But more than whether you had, or had not, remembered to say ‘thank you,’ I was concerned with your views toward the importance and value of expressing gratitude. I had to be sure of you. For it would be quite cynical and devious of me to make the suggestion I am about to make if the emotion behind it were not genuine.

I have arranged for you a rare opportunity. At this point, this town is primed to accept you and your associates as heroes. All you need do now is stand up put on the white hat. Think of what that can do for your cause – the doors it might open, the tongues it might loosen. You want to solve a mystery. Who, do you suppose, are these townsfolk more likely to talk to: the silver-skinned, red-eyed, dark elf foreigner in the slinky dress, or the hero of the mansion in the slinky dress?

And I was able to accomplish this in a day and a night. Think what we might accomplish given more time. I might even make the two magelings look affable. What do you say,” Martin says, sliding a glass of rum-punch halfway towards Brax, “do you want to be a hero?
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Does anyone wish to be a Hero? Can you honestly say that someone sets out with that aim? Apart from the Paladins, those who believe in their god to fight in his name." Giving the jester a serious look she shakes her head. "No I do not want to be a Hero, I never have."

"I do not like to be manipulated, either my words or my actions." With that she stands fully, "I would like a drunk Master Searos, can you arrange some Red wine?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"That's the beauty, Radiance. You aren't being manipulated, the world around you is, for your benefit. You would have made a most excellent hero, and all the better for not having sought it out. But so be it. Don't say I never gave you aught.
"Tel - a glass of good red wine for Her Radiance, please. On my tab."
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos glances at Drake with a grin on his face, "Patches, why would I want you to make her feel bad? Perhaps the reason I want music and a dance with Bright Eyes is because I value symmetry. Besides, when one makes a gamble and fails at it, it seems a might peevish to be mad at the gamble, ya feel me?"

With that he helps Brax to her feet and snatches a red wine off a passing serving tray. "If you want a drunk Bright Eyes, I think the line starts with me and..." he looks around the room pointing as he goes as if he's trying to find an end point and then merely scratches his head before turning back to her, "well... the line goes somewhere though Gods be good, I can't figure out where. But I did happen to procure a red wine for you if you meant you wanted a drink." With that he holds his arm out for Brax to lead her back to the party proper.

(ooc: and I know that was a typo, but it seemed like one of those typos that was too inviting to pass up.)
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"I had thought to earn you a second chance with the lass, Searos. After all, once she hears what a great guy you are, she might feel badly enough to try to make amends for her rash action. It is a standard move, right out of Chapter 124 of The Hobbledogaga Handbook. Just needs the right wingman for it to work properly."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Oh how fun. Two men fighting over me." She flutters her eyelashes. "Thank you Master Searos, I want a drink, well one of many to get Drunk." She grins at the thief taking his hand.

"Drake, I put this to you, a suggestion." She smiles, "We came here for a party, that is what were told, I am in the mood to do that, not debate Theology or Religion. So, why don't you kick up a nice tune, let your guests dance, and we can have a party" She slips the drink with a slow sip, "Not a bad year, not bad at all."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"For you, Radiance, a tune, and a sprightly one at that."

Martin takes to the makeshift stage once again, saying: "Floyd - stop staring at the paying customers, you creep.
"Good people, there is a tune I would like to perform for you, one I learned in my theater days in old Greyhawk, one which was written by a friend of mine in an artists' pub. Now theater people tend to be a bit, well, forward, and lacking in the conversational constraints that most normal folk constantly employ in mixed company, so the lyrics are a bit, well, bawdy. But it is a really lovely tune, that I expect most of you would enjoy.
"So I shall offer you a compromise. I shall perform the song, but I'll only sing the lyrics that are suitable for polite company and skip those lyrics which are truly inappropriate. Is that acceptable? Good. This song is called Last Night. Please, feel free to dance, if you can find room on the floor."

"Last night I took you home
And we began to hmmmmm, hmmm hmmm
You were such a hmmmmm, hmmm hmmm...hmm hmm hmm hmm
Only seventeen...
Hmmm hmmm, hmm hmm hmm, leather shirts
Hmmm hmmm, hmm hmm hmm, chainmaile skirts
And a jar of ambergris.

"Hmmm, hmmm Hmmm, Hmmm Hmmm, Hmmm HMMM...Hmmmm
Hmm hm hmm hmmmm...
Hmmm hmmm Hmmm, HMMM hmmm...Hmmmm
HmmHMMhmm and rope...

"And then from the chandelier...
The THREE of us hmmm hmmm, hmm hmm
Hmmm hmmm, hmm-hmm-hmm...hmm hmm...
Hmm hmm hmm hmm hospital...for life
Hmmm hmmm, hmm hmm hmm, whips and chains
Hmmm, hmm hmm hmm, hmmm, great danes
Hmmm hmmm...hmm hmm hmm Hmm, hm Hm...my wife.
"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Bra dances happily, spinning Searos around with a smile. "This is what I came here for, after all, we could die tomorrow, why waste a moment.?" she deftly grabs her drink, sipping it before flipping the empty glass at Tel.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos dances with Brax for a time keeping his mug of ale as full as he can whenever a serving wench passes by. "It is a good time, isn't it?"

Searos pulls her in close, "Now, about that word you wanted to have... I assume this refers back to our minstrel?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I just wish Amon was here too." she muses, dancing happily. "Yes it is related to him, as well as some other issues. I believe we should give him a chance, as do you, another pair of hands could come in useful."

Spinning him around she adds. "The rest should be discussed over a late night drink, when it is quiet."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos continues to dance with Brax. "I like the idea of having him around because his antics take the glare off my own, ya feel me? I think I might have a little more freedom with a giant glaring eyesore tagging along. Though I do wonder when you are going to ask your humble thief to become an assassin."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I do understand what you mean about him, the issue is Amon and Echo, they may be a little.. well set in their ways, but I rather like them." Brax comments, as she dances slowly.

"Why do you think I will ask you to be an Assassin? Do you believe I have not changed?" She asks with a smirk, spinning him around. "I am a changed person, I bear the scars to prove it."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos shrugs "Chills and his lordship are sheltered children who are just waking up to a wider world. They are set in their ways because they don't know what the other ways even are. He will change. Her on the otherhand... well it might take a little intervention from your dear and fluffy lord."

Searos finally returns the favor and spins Brax around using his height for leverage.

"Now as to you... I don't rightly know what you were before and I have only the vagueist sense of who you are now. I don't much care about the former and there are parts about the latter I have learned don't mean much. But its been my experiance that no one ever truly changes. We are what we are and will eventually come back to it. As to why yoj ask me to be your assassin... well I think you would make sacrifices for the greater good if you felt it necessary."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"My dear and fluffy lord?" She frowns, spinning back to him on her heels. "Pelor would not like to hear such things, who are we without the light?" She asks, "As for me, I was a sadistic Evil bitch, I hurt people, and others. I was forced to do things I would not wish on anyone."

"If there are sacrifices to be made, I will consider them yes, the Law is less important that the right thing." She gives a deep frown. "Now is not the place for this, a party is for fun. After hours, half drunk, that is the time for such things."

"Go and talk to 'Patches' sound him out, I do not lead this group, but he might prove useful." With that she spins away from him, landing near Gunter.

"A dance kind sir?" She says, offering her hand.

(I'm loving the Brax / Searos Dynamic, works really well, mindful there are others, and this chat is not over!)

Borderlands 3 - Navi