Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

A fresh start

Desolate and abandoned, the evil alchemist’s mansion stands alone on the cliff, looking out towards the sea. Mysterious lights and ghostly hauntings have kept away the people of Saltmarsh, despite rumours of a fabulous forgotten treasure. What is its sinister secret?

Moderator: Breila

Forum rules
AD&D 2nd Edition.
PHB and Complete Books are Acceptable.
Mages Can use the Spell compendium.

4d6, drop lowest arrange to taste.
One +1 Weapon/Armor, 1 Misc Item.

Daily posts are preferred, if you are gone for over a week with no explanation your PC will be NPC'ed :)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: A fresh start

Post by HorizonsDream »

"An order I have no intention of following," Echo says.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I do not follow orders, rather I do what I think is for the best." Brax comments, grabbing Vee by the hand she pulls her onto the deck once more.

"Imagine there is music in your head, something like da, da, da... da...." She hums softly, spinning the girl around. "I will go back to the Inn after this, those who wish to come can follow. I leave you to make a choice."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

So Brax and Vee return to the Cobweb inn after their dance to imaginary music.
Kim comes with them, who else?

Sorry to push a little, but I would like to finish that evening before my holidays that start on what in the US is Friday evening...
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Yes Brax goes back to the inn.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Echo is going to go home.
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos has been busy counting sums in his head thinking about how many rubes he can swindle at this party and doesn't notice Brax's comments to him too much, instead thoughtfully drinking his wine while fiddling with his dice. "The dice or teh cards maybe? The dice are faster but the cards make people think they are fairer... hmmm..." He suddenly looks up thinking he has missed something. "Did someone say something to me?"

((ooc: sorry for my lack of posts. I've been moving and starting a new job and everything the last few days.))
Do YOU know the muffin man?
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Amon sighs to himself. This had just been meant as a simple party for his newfound friends and companions, and that damnable jester had to do everything in his power to try and ruin it by making the whole thing political.

Once everyone else has departed, he will remain behind to clean up. After that is done, he will return home.
Robbo
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Robbo »

Gunter follows everybody back to the inn as well.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When Brax, Vee, Searos, Gunter and Kim enter the Cobweb inn by the front door, they see that the place is indeed packed and everybody is in good cheer. Mugs of beer are waved in their direction, a few people seem quite tipsy, the merriment is in full swing.
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"It seems like the party is going on" Vee grins, entering the Coweb.

"Uhm, that reminds me a saying of my homecountry: You can have fun without a party and booze..." she tolds Brax with a played stritchness, looking down on her like a conventional father "but its much easier with!"
I am NOT sweet!
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

I'm on my lunch break right now, so there's no time for a suitable post. I'll post tonight.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Quick flashback here, didn't post last night, was too tired.)

Brax moves over to Amon as the others prepare to leave, "Thank you Amon, this was a lovely party. I had fun, not something I have enjoyed in quite some time." Patting him lightly on the side she grins. "I understand politics, as do you, you get why I have to go to this." with that she disembarks the ship and moves to the inn.

"I was talking to you Master Searos, we need to talk, you and me." Brax comments to the thief as they walk towards the inn.

-----------------

"It does seem like a party Mistress Vee, yet I am missing the one we just left, that seemed overly more wholesome somehow." She steps inside assuming that everyone would notice her in the dress with her silver skin. "Let us find this Jester, but first would you like a drink?" She asks the group, still grasping Vee's hand.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
The_Muffin_Man
Merchant
Merchant

Post by The_Muffin_Man »

Searos glances at Brax suspiciously about her desire to talk. "You dance with 'em once and then next thing you know they want to stick a knife in someone..."

He walks into the bar, immediately accepts a mug of ale and looks around to see if anybody is gambling.
Do YOU know the muffin man?
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

When Cousland and Geraldine arrive at the tavern, Martin is in full swing with stage magic. The current trick is a complicated one which starts with passing a length of cord up Nezza's sleeve and out the back of her collar, then making some complicated knots while telling corny jokes, and ends with Martin pulling on the cord and coming out with a lady's red satin smallclothes tied to the end of it which he hastily (but not hastily enough to avoid showing them off) and with exaggerated embarrassment stows inside one of his bags. He presents Nezza with a suede rose from his hat before dismissing her from the makeshift stage.

He bows to Bryce Cousland as he enters the room, then calls out to the crowd: "Another of our heroic constables, has arrived - Geraldine Petterson take a bow for us, will you? Geraldine - are you off duty now? Then get her a beer!

"As I said earlier, I have always looked up to the militia in every town I have visited. Particularly in Ribcage. There's not a militiaman in that city under six foot three. But the militia do a job nobody wants to. You or I see some big guy making trouble in the street, maybe he takes a swing at a greengrocer, and mostly the average man on the street wants to duck aside. The militiamen, and militiawomen, however, without thought to their own safety, immediately run in and take him down. And if someone puts the boot in during the process, so much the better, am I right?

"You see some big shaggy wolf-headed man-beast in your garden, and who do you call? No, not the dog catcher. This guy at table two says: 'The dog catcher'. No, you knucklehead. The militia. That's who.

"Criminals lurking in town, making life unliveable for honest, hardworking folks, who do you call? You got it.

"I was visiting a friend in Green Landing, and two militiamen came to his door, looking very solemn. One said to him: 'Pardon me, sir, but do you have a portrait of your wife?' and my friend said: 'I do, let me get it.' and went off and retrieved a miniature portrait of his lady wife.
"And the constable looked at the portrait and said to him: 'I am sorry to tell you this, but it appears that your wife has been run over and trampled by team of horses pulling a beer wagon.'
"And my friend replied: 'Yes, I know. But she's a great cook and she has a heart of gold.' "

Martin continues in this vein for a bit, pausing again when he sees a familiar face in the doorway. Well, eventually he sees a face, given the dress she's wearing.

"I see some of our other guests of honor have arrived. Earlier this week a group of total strangers to this town, led by two of this town's own, took it upon themselves to investigate strange happenings right here in Saltmarsh, a heroic and selfless venture in which they were ultimately aided by the town militia. Let's welcome them, shall we?

"A true adventurer, always there when there's trouble. He's a northerner but we won't hold that against him. Welcome Searos.

"And, out of the wilderness, a warrior of great renown, a man you do not want to arm wrestle with: Gunter

"And this mysterious individual comes to us from parts unknown. I know very little about this..." Martin falters briefly, reconsiders his words, and says "Welcome Kim!"

"This next young woman comes to us from a far and distant land, apparently one where they eat lions for breakfast. No, seriously, pay no attention to her stature, she'll kick your arse, Table Two, just look at her. I call her Miss Vee.

"Now, I often find myself at odds with priests, for they tend to be a very serious lot. But here we have one who could make me sit through an entire sermon. Not that I'd hear it, being easily distracted as I am by a beautiful woman, but such is life. Let us welcome Brax.

"Settle in, folks, keep drinking, I am going to take a short break. Floyd here will hold the stage for me, as he demonstrates his prize winning technique for winning...staring contests. I'll be back soon." That said, Martin leaves his makeshift stage and heads towards the adventurers.

"I am so glad you could make it. I tried to save a table for you, but this place is, well, packed. Please, have a round of drinks on me." Martin snags a glass of something from the bar before it can get to the customer who ordered it, takes a sip, smiles and waggles his eyebrows at the bartender in appreciation of its flavor, and continues. "I had to put this together on very short notice, what with you all leaving town tomorrow, but I did the best I could. I hope it's to your liking. Just think what I could do for you all with time to prepare, and maybe some background information about each of you. People rarely consider the benefits a proper herald can provide."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

(OOC: Let your characters enjoy the evening, replying to "Drake", but remember: You're expected on the "Seagull", anchored a few places away from the Skylark you've been partying on, in the morning to leave for Dunreese with the outgoing tide (at about 8 o'clock).