Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Merc Bar - Private thread for Angel and Liri

Second Edition AD&D

A gritty "low-fantasy" game in which the line between right and wrong may occasionally blur, set in a non-canon Greyhawk-based world.

Moderator: Stik

Forum rules
Players should expect to post two to three times per week. 

Players should have a working knowledge of Second Edition AD&D

Experienced adult/mature players are preferred.

No munchkins allowed, and min-maxing will be frowned upon.

Core rulebooks and "Complete" series books will be used.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Merc Bar - Private thread for Angel and Liri

Post by Jerrard »

"I have, most of my life." he gives her a blank look, "I only left them recently." going quiet he looks away.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Liri's hand goes to Eldon's in an ever-so-slight touch. "There must be a sad story behind this. I'm sorry."
She rises and stands next to Angel. "What are your plans for the rest of the day?" she asks her companion.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Are not all tales of this kind sad?" he asks sipping his drink. "And my tale is probably less interesting than yours my pretty." he lifts his head slowly, looking at the pair of them.

----
(Jen)
"we have a funeral to attend do we not? And I and had not planned anything else other than recovering and resting for a while. Why did you have something in mind?" Angel responds her attention on Liri.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Liri shakes her head, looking at Angel. "No, I was just asking. And since we have bathed and eaten, we could return to our quarter. Unless you prefer to stay here for a while. The funeral is only at sunset, though we should pass by the bathhouse first to get my clothes back."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"And mine too, I have to change." Angel Glances about and shrugs, "Not much else going on here." She looks straight at Eldon with an appraising glance, then back to Liri. "Talk with me a moment." She says taking the Elf's hand.

"Do you trust him, or do you think he might be trustworthy?" She whispers, watching Eldon with a stare. "With Daos gone, our little group is getting smaller."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I have no idea, really" Liri answers quietly, too low for Eldon to hear clearly, but not in a whisper. "If he has travelled with the viatori, he will have a strong sense of honour. But their idea of honour is a little different from ours. Loyalty to the clan comes first. Let's hang around a bit, talk with him a little longer. I will tell you my opinion when we go back to our quarter."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I believe we can do that, perhaps..." She glances at him again. "Lets get out clothes and gear, and take a look around, if he has been here a while he'll know the place well, and we can get to know him too."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Liri nods and approaches Eldon again. "You have been here for a while, you said? Would you mind giving Angel and me a tour of the place? We would just gat our gear and meet you at the door, say in half an hour?"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Really?" Eldon asks with interest, "I can do that, in fact it would be an honor." He gives an exaggerated bow. "Thank you Ladies." With that he returns to his seat and waits quietly.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Prove your worth, and we will see what we can do with you." Angel answers simply, turning to leave the bar, her hand in Liri's.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Smiling, Liri follows Angel out of the bar to see if their clothes are ready, then changes into them and puts armor and weapon back on.

"Ah, this feels better" she says as she braids her hair. "I wonder what Eldon says when he sees me like this, no longer the sweet maiden?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I would not say you are no longer a sweet maiden, just a different kind." Angel winks, before blushing. Pulling on her clothes and her armor she buckles on her sword, helping Liri do the same if is needed.

"I missed my clothes, I felt naked without it." She grins, helping Liri with her hair.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

The clothes have been cleaned, and surprisingly, repaired where possible with needle and thread. The attendant is not so crass as to ask for payment fo rhe service, but does make a show of pointing out the work that was done, although she is silent about those stains that remain - some stains just don't come out.

Dressed, you head out of the bathhouse into the market square, spotting a few familiar faces outside a food shop. Elias and Bastian are standing over Maughus, who is sitting on a crate, his attention focused entirely on the plate in his left hand as he struggles with obvious effort to take small bites. On the plate is half of what was clearly a large piece of layer cake, with candied fruit between each layer, and a large lump of whipped cream on the side. The man looks like he is in paradise.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Eldon waits as directed, a group was a group, still there was a story. "Darting back into the bar a moment he looks for Coil.

"Those two, what did they have to say?" he asks producing a silver from his pouch. "I'm curious."
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Coil looks at the coin in Eldon's hand. "Holding out on me, eh?
"Forget it. Keep your coin. And I'll give you a tip. You're not a brother, and prying into a merc's business might not be in your best interest. Some of them are really private people, and resent outsiders bothering them. Paying one to talk about another might cost you some teeth, depending who you talk to.
"That being said, and seeing as the story's all over the place already: rumor has it that Mad Maughus got in a dust-up in the forest, something involving a walking corpse. Those two said they were there. Go ask them if you want more. The blonde one might answer. She doesn't seem like a typical merc."
"No matter where you go, there you are."