Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 6: Solace

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 6: Solace

Post by JadedDM »

"Not so fast there," Tanis says. "What happened here? Was there a battle?" he asks. He didn't like the idea of taking a teenage girl with them, but he wasn't sure he liked the idea of leaving her here, either.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon smiles at Tika, too. "Yes, what happened here? I have seen no other young women when we passed through the town. I know you are quick and observant, what can you tell us?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Tika, the road ahead is dangerous." Sturm says with a hushed voice, glancing around constantly.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Yes it is." Laurana comments, her eyes still on the cloaked figure, could it be one of the Dragonmen? Why would they hide? "Yes, where are all of the others? The able bodied men and women?" She asks, snapping her head back to face the Barmaid.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Giant red dragons attacked. They actually lifted the inn right out of the tree and placed it on the ground before burning the tree. Everything else was burned or knocked out of trees," she explains softly. "We really didn't stand a chance. When people fought back they were killled by the dragonmen. The dragonmen took mostly everyone that was healthy, caged them up, and carted them south. Theros is still here though since he can fix weapons," she says, referring to the town blacksmith.

"Though, there are a lot of those dragonmen, goblins, and hobgoblins around now. They are led by someone named...Froggie?" she says, though she doesn't sound so sure about that name.

"Getting out of here is probably the only choice I have now," she adds trying not to sound scared.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Were all the buildings taken out of the trees first, or just the inn?" Goldmoon is curious.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"It must have been awful." Laurana says to the girl, they couldn't leave her here, how long before she would be taken away too? "Where might they have taken them? Tas, do you have a Map? " she asks the Kender.

"Reds? A whole flight? How can we hope to beat them?" Sturm muses stroking his mustache.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Tas blinks and starts to empty his pockets of maps looking for a useful one. He looks around at the others in the bar while they are talking. "I have some maps..." He muses as he searches his pockets.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"They were headed south, " Tika says. "Like I said, most places were burned or knocked out of trees except here."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"South..," Tanis mutters. "What's south? Qualinesti...but why would they take prisoners there?" He shakes his head, unable to figure it out.

As Tas rifles through his maps, trying to find one that is of the south and fairly recent, the door swings open suddenly. Five kapaks burst in, look around, and sit down at a table not too far from the group. "Service! We need some ale over here!" one of them demands, slamming his fist into the table.

"Yeah," adds a second one to Tika impatiently. "Get that round little ass of yours over here and get us some 'taters, too!"

Laurana and Sturm, both keeping an eye on the cloaked stranger, notice he becomes fairly tense at the sight of the draconians, but does not move otherwise.
Attachments
Key: <br />Blue S - Cloaked Stranger<br />Blue T - Tika<br />Green Os - Old men<br />Orange # - Kapaks<br />Red L - Laurana<br />Red M - Magpie<br />Red R - Raistlin<br />Red C - Caramon<br />Red Su - Sunstar<br />Red Re - Raven-eye<br />Red G - Goldmoon<br />Red Ri - Riverwind<br />Red T - Tanis<br />Red t - Tasslehoff<br />Red St - Sturm<br />Red F - Flint
Key:
Blue S - Cloaked Stranger
Blue T - Tika
Green Os - Old men
Orange # - Kapaks
Red L - Laurana
Red M - Magpie
Red R - Raistlin
Red C - Caramon
Red Su - Sunstar
Red Re - Raven-eye
Red G - Goldmoon
Red Ri - Riverwind
Red T - Tanis
Red t - Tasslehoff
Red St - Sturm
Red F - Flint
Inn of the Last Home 02.jpg (163.76 KiB) Viewed 6461 times
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Riverwind notes the entrance of the new group, then turns to his plate staring at it as he eats. He has to try real hard to suppress his hatred so as to not endanger his comrade.

"Yes, we need to move on, as quickly as possible."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon lays a hand on Riverwind's arm, hoping to help him stay calm.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"There is a jumpy one over there." Sturm comments as he watches the figure, "I would guess they are fit and healthly and fear being taken like the rest of the people."

"So we are going the same way as the people were taken?" He asks keeping his voice low, "We are still going to Qualinost?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I need to go there, I have to find out." Laurana says quietly, "I'll go alone if I have to."

"Magpie come with you, me not left you go alone." The dwarf dives into the potatoes with gusto, ignoring the Dragonmen.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tika lets out a small groan as the draconians make their demands. "I got to get back to work," she mutters as she stands and moves to go help the draconians that just walked in.