Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

FC1 - CH 1: Welcome to Sturnheim

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: FC1 - CH 1: Welcome to Sturnheim

Post by JadedDM »

"Questions?" asks Mama Chipmunk, still a bit somber since she returned. "Sure, dearie, what do you need to know?"

==============

Tavi pays 5 silver.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well," Tavi starts, sitting down next to the older woman. "I was given a list of things to find for Miranda, but apparently centaurs are making that difficult. Normally, I would do something like this own, but I'm not in any condition to do this by myself just in case these centaurs decide to attack. Do you know of anyone that would be willing to help me. I guess I'm looking for the adventuring type."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ooh, take me!" Rosamund says, overhearing. "I'm dying to get out of this place."

"Rosa, go back to work," Mama Chipmunk orders. Rosamund pouts, but goes back to what she was doing.

"Now, let me think," Mama says. "The biggest adventuring type around these parts that I know if is Coryn Potter. Or that's what I hear, anyway. He usually comes in in the evening, but otherwise you can find him at his father's pottery shop.

"Then there's Tregar Bittermouth, he's a hunter. He usually hunts in the woods, so I figure he knows something or another about the wilds," she continues. "He stays here at the inn, but has already gone off hunting for the day. He'll be back around lunchtime, though.

"I guess there's Tork. He's always getting into trouble by brawling, I don't know how useful that might be. He fishes out on the bridge until lunchtime, then comes by here to sell what's he caught.

"Helak has done some traveling in his time, from what I understand. He'll be in at lunchtime to perform again. That's all I can really think of, off the cuff, dearie," Mama says.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"The hunter...that was the dwarf that came in here right?" Tavi asks. "I didn't get the chance to speak with him yesterday. I think I spoke to Tork on my way in yesterday, and I know of Helak all ready. I guess my first objective is to find Coryn then as it seems everyone else seems to come in around lunch time."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Mama Chipmunk gives Tavi directions to Coryn's house.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Thanks!" Tavi stands up and walks out of the inn to seek out Coryn Potter.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tavi arrives at the pottery shop and steps inside. It's a humble shop that hasn't had a proper cleaning in awhile, if the cobwebs in the upper corners are any indication. There are a number of pots, vases, and other clay vessels on the shelves. To the right is a kiln for heating the clay. An older man is stoking the flames, and whirls around in surprise at Tavi's entrance. He raises his bushy eyebrows and steps over. "Err, welcome, stranger. What can I do for you this fine day?" he asks.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Good morning," Tavi says with a small smile. "I'm looking for someone named Coryn."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The man's tepid politeness quickly disintegrates and he scowls. "Damn it, I should have known," he mutters. "The gods forbid anyone actually come by here to buy some damned pottery. Coryn!" he shouts. "Get your ass out here! It's another one of your admirers!"

A young man steps in from the back, smiling. He stops short when he sees Tavi, though, clearly having expected someone else. His blue eyes light up nonetheless as he steps forward, bowing slightly. "Well met, miss. We haven't met before, have we?"

The young man, no older than 20, is outrageously handsome. Although he is not wearing armor or carrying a weapon at the moment, instead wearing simple clothes and a leather apron and gloves, he certainly looks the part of the dashing heroic warrior told in old stories.
Attachments
CHA = 18  ;)
CHA = 18 ;)
Coryn.jpg (85.39 KiB) Viewed 6604 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi seems a bit taken back at first as Coryn approaches. This was certainly not the man she was expecting at all! Part of her kind of wished she looked more like a girl instead of some rag muffin that has seen much better days. Tough, she hastily tried to do something with her hair which failed horribly so it only fell in a small mess down her right shoulder. "No, um, we haven't met before," she says. "My name is Octavia, but I go by Tavi for short. I was told that you fancy yourself sort of an...adventurer," she says hopefully. ~Way to sound like a fool, Tavi,~ she thinks to herself.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Coryn smiles, showing off his perfect, pearly white teeth in the process. "Some might say that," he says. "I have done some adventuring in my time," he says. "What can I help you with? You look rather beat up. Is that bully, Tork, giving you a hard time? That roughian needs to be taught some manners," he exclaims, slamming his fist into his hand.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"No, no," Tavi says with a small laugh. "Tork was pretty nice to me actually. I small group of bandits did this to me, I'm sad to admit," she explained. "And they killed a friend of mine in the process, but I'll get into that later. Right now, I'm sort of on a mission to help Miranda gather some herbs or something. She apparently can't do it because of centaurs. I would do it by myself, but as you can see I'm not exactly in the best shape to do it by myself."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Centaurs? Oh, that's nothing," Coryn says with a dismissive wave. "I've fought hardier things that those. Hmm, then you wish to have my services as a bodyguard? I would be happy to help. For the modest fee of 8 gold a day, you have my sword at your disposal."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"What if I don't have the money?" Tavi asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'm sorry, but even us adventurers must make money somehow," Coryn says apologetically. "You are, after all, asking me to risk my life. If I were to die, who would take care of my poor father?" he asks.

The old man, who had been listening in to this point, crosses his arms and snorts, but says nothing.

Continuing, Coryn says, "This shop hasn't done too well, lately, as you might imagine. So we need to bring in money anyway we can."