Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

FC1 - CH 1: Welcome to Sturnheim

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: FC1 - CH 1: Welcome to Sturnheim

Post by JadedDM »

"Work? There's not much work in Sturnheim, I'm afraid. That's why so many people have left the past couple of decades. Best I can suggest is talk to Mama Chipmunk. She runs the inn, and she seems to always have the latest gossip and rumors. She might know of someone who is hiring," Valdar says.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Mama Chipmunk?" Tavi asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"That's what everyone calls her," Valdar explains. "On account that she never stops talking." He shakes his head. "Good luck, I need to get back to work."

"Ta-ta, now," Hallie says with a wave.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Ta-ta, now?" Tavi asks once the Captain disappears. She starts giggling a little, obviously making fun of her older sister. Though, while she laughs it up, she heads into the inn.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Stepping into the inn, Tavi notes that it appears clean and comfortable. There are only a handful of people inside, though, despite the fact that it's nearly lunch time.

A plump, elderly woman notices them enters and makes a beeline straight toward them. "Ahh, strangers. Welcome, welcome, to the Sign of the Three Crowns," she says. "My, my, you look like you've had a long road here. Please, have a seat wherever you like. What can I get you? Food? Drink? Rooms? Oh, I'm Mama Chipmunk, by the way. Well, that's what everyone calls me, anyhow." The woman just keeps going and going, it seems.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, we could probably use all three," Tavi says. "Food, drinks, and rooms. Also, I think we all would like to clean up a little bit, especially me," she says, motioning to herself. She was the one covered in dried blood after all.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Oh, of course, dearie," Mama says. She turns and claps her hands. "Rosa? Rosamund!"

A pretty redheaded young woman steps out from the back wearing an apron and a low-cut blouse. "Whhhhhat," she says flatly. Upon seeing the sisters, though, her eyes widen slightly. "Oh, strangers!" Her brown eyes are drawn to the armor Tavi is wearing and the sword at her hip.

"Draw up a bath for our guests, won't you?" Mama says.

"Aw, are you kidding me?" Rosamund complains. "Do you know how many trips it takes to fill that thing?"

"No lip, get going now," Mama replies, putting her fists on her hips. Rosamund huffs heavily and heads off. Turning back to the girls, Mama says, "It should be ready by the time you finish your meals. Now, what would you like? I have a nice fish stew on the burner if you're looking for lunch, or I could whip something up if you'd like breakfast."
Attachments
Mama Chipmunk.jpg
Mama Chipmunk.jpg (27.78 KiB) Viewed 6147 times
Rosamund.jpg
Rosamund.jpg (88.19 KiB) Viewed 6147 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"What do you two want?" Tavi asks, looking over to her sisters.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'm sure the fish stew will be just fine," Hallie says.

"Yeah, anything's better than dried rations at this point," Sparrow agrees.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"All three of us will take the fish stew then," Tavi says, turning back to the older woman with a grin. "Um, how much for food, drink, bath, and a room anyway?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"A room is five gold a night," Mama Chipmunk explains. "Food is five silver, and drinks are a silver a piece. A bath is 3 coppers. You do have money, right?" she asks, smiling.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I do," Tavi says. "We were told to come here for information. We are actually looking for jobs."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The girls sit down at a table while Mama Chipmunk fetches their food and drinks. "You said you're looking for jobs? Nobody comes here looking for jobs, that's why they leave," she says. "You may have not noticed, but this town is kind of on the downhill slope. Didn't always used to be that way, though. When I was a young woman, this place was bustling. Merchants coming and going all of the time. More money in the town treasury than you could count in a year. But those times are long passed now, I'm afraid; nothing more than a happy memory. The young people were born after that, so they don't even know what they're missing."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"We've been through some..things recently, so this was the only place that we could go," Tavi explains. "My grandmother use to tell us stories about how great this place use to be."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I see, I see," Mama Chipmunk says, nodding sympathetically. "Your grandmother used to live here then? What was here name? Maybe I knew her."

"No, no...she never lived here," Hallie interrupts, giving Tavi a death glare. "She just heard stories, and told us about them, that's all."

"Ah, alright then," Mama says. "As for work, well...guess it depends on what sort of work you're looking for. Not that there is much to offer."