Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 3: Trouble Arises

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 3: Trouble Arises

Post by Jerrard »

"Of course." He smiles, she always made him smile, instead he produces the money and takes the keys.

"Will you be ok my friend?" He asks the Minataur.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Targin completes the trip in silence, contemplating the days events.

As they enter the stable, he dismounts and hands the reins to the stableboy. "His name is Ash" He fishes out a silver and hands it to the boy, "Groom these for us if you please."

As he enter the inn, the conversation quickly get ahead of him, but he does follw it enough to let out a "Hrumph" when it becomes clear that Erik 's group were indeed bandits.

"Just food and a bed for me." He lifts his left arm and sniffs, "Couple more week 'fore a bath."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I will be fine, no problem. The hay barn is actually more comfortable than a bed that's too short" Karathos explains. "But I would like to eat with the rest of you. Ma'am, do you think I could have some sheets to make myself a bed in the barn?" he asks Eydis.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'll have the boy bring some out there," Eydis says. "And I guess I better get started on those meals then. I'll bring 'em to your rooms, if you like, when they're done." Unless there's anything more, she'll head downstairs to the kitchen to start cooking.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

When Eydis has left, Karathos lets his long tongue dangle out of his mouth a little, his way of making a face. "I had hoped we could have our meal together. Maybe there's some room in the courtyard to put up a makeshift table?" he suggests to his friends. Then he remembers something. "Selowen, are you not the one who has some training in healing? Maybe you should help Galeyne to see to her wounds."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Selowen shrugs her lithe shoulders slightly. "I had some training under a healer back home, when I was very young. I can check over her, make sure she doesn't get infected, if she doesn't mind. Speaking of which, you should make sure your own wounds are cleaned, too."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I don't mind," Galenye says. "It should probably wait until after I have a bath though."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Thank you Selowen, I appreciate you helping her." Erastin glances around, "Head up to the rooms, I am going to see if there is some form of guard here, if there is I will tell them or 'Erek' where his camp was."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The party goes to check out their rooms while they wait for dinner and baths to be prepared.

Rooms 2 and 3 (the doubles) are identical to each other and right next door. There's one double bed, a small chest with a lock, a chamber pot underneath the bed, a dresser and a fireplace. Both rooms have windows that look out into the courtyard, unless the curtains are pulled over them.

Room 4, Galenye's, is smaller. It has a single bed, a chamber pot, a dresser, and a small nightstand with a candle on it. It also has a window, but it looks out into the surrounding wilderness instead.

While the party settles in, Erastin wanders around the inn, looking inside and outside, but doesn't see anyone else other than the innkeeper and the boy.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Erastin me boy, may I accompany you?" Targin is reluctant to talk about it, but perhaps a candid discussion with the Knight aspirant about the day's difficult situation would do them both some good. Perhap a lesson may be learned. The question is by whom.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Of course, I was hoping you would, the both of us can explain what happened." he lowers his head. "That girl, I think she belonged here, they are looking for her, I might be wrong, but."

Realising wandering won't get him anywhere, Erastin goes to find the helpful stable boy.

"Pardon me, would there be a guard, or a watch I could talk to?" he asks when he finds him.
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"For me a meal and a bath too, It is not favourable for cleaness to sit on forest floor... I have pine needles everywhere" Jinali says smiling.
I am NOT sweet!
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Erastin finds the boy putting out some blankets in the stable. He shakes his head to Erastin's question. "This is just a simple road-side inn, not a village or nothing. The nearest guard are in Solanthus, about a day away," he explains.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Thank you. lad" Karathos says in his most friendly voice when the blankets are brought. "Where would be a good place for me to set up my bed? So that I don't scare anyone? And is there a horse's through or so where I can wash up?"
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

As the two check the stables, Targin argees. "I'd guess that the girl is the one they are talking about too. I do feel bad about the circumstances surrounding her death, however, not about end result. I have not grown this beard by being stupid in battle." He strokes his long beard to make the point.

"The world is a dangerous place, and I prefer to walk it without fighting, however, if the fight is brought to me, there is no quarter given, there is only one way to fight. We now know they were, in fact, bandits, and if the fight had gone the other way, you can be sure we all would be dead. I have some understanding of the code and the way, but you know more than me 'bout that. I prefer to live, not die in honor. You will have to make decisions yerself, I only hope it will not cost you your life."