Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 3: Trouble Arises

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 3: Trouble Arises

Post by Jerrard »

"We'll deal with the room situation when we can, Galenye needs a bath, might make her feel better." He pauses, "Actually, let the girls take one of the doubles and a single, me and Targin can share, won't be the first time, although he does snore." He jokes, trying to lighten the situation.

"We would take the remaining rooms, if that is possible." Erastin turns to Eydis and gives her a friendly smile, moving closer, "I like the name of the establishment, makes me feel somewhat at home." He smiles again, glancing at the wanted poster. That reminded him, they should ask about Bandits.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'll take the single room, a bath, and a meal," Galenye says. She glances to the mages. "Looks like you two are sharing," she adds with a grin as she pulls out the money needed to pay for all of it.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"That's kind of what I was thinking too, glad to see we are on the same page." He smiles, "Enjoy your bath, if you need someone to check the wounds on your legs." He says nothing else, blushing as he realises what he said. And goes back to Eydis.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I'll take a bath and a meal, too. Also, the laundering," Selowen says. She glances to Erastin. "Why, Erastin, I didn't realize you had any medical training," she says teasingly. "You'll be sure to check on Targin's and Karathos' wounds, too, right? I'm sure they'd appreciate it."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Blushing deeper, Erastin coughs to clear his throat, "Have there been any tales of Bandits on the road?" He asks, quickly changing the subject.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye giggles lightly at Selowen's comment before she glances to Erastin. "As gentle as you might be, I don't quite remember you having a healer's touch," she teased lightly before turning back to Selowen. "You want them to wash your clothes? Can't you just snap your fingers and then you'll clothes will be clean?" she asked curiously.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No offense, but the closet thing to bandits I've seen all week was when you all walked in," the innkeeper says. "Although there is this," she adds, gesturing to the poster. "The Solanthian Scourge, Erek Malham. He's wanted in Solanthus for theft, banditry, kidnapping and assault. There's a reward out for him, a thousand steel pieces." The woman shrugs. "Doubt they'll ever catch him, though. He's a tricky one."

Selowen comments to Galenye, "It's the principle of the thing."

==========

(OOC: Is everyone paying separate or together?)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

(OOC: I assumed separately.)

"Erek Malham, so he was a bandit," Galenye says, glancing to Erastin. "Somehow, I feel less upset about the whole ordeal now."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"We encountered some trouble on the road, travelers who attacked us, the leader was disarmed, the others were halted. As my friend says, it appears we encountered him." He shrugs, "I have his blade."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Really now?" Eydis asks. "Too bad you didn't get his head instead of his blade, you could have collected the reward. Or at least rescued the girl he kidnapped."

"Girl?" Selowen prompts.

"Apparently, awhile ago, Erek fathered a child with some woman in town. Years later, when he found out, he kidnapped her. Or maybe she ran off to find him. Nobody knows for sure. But the mother and the merchants were the ones who put up the reward money in the first place. The merchants want him dead, but the mother just wants her daughter back," Eydis explains.

==========

Here are the totals so far.
Erastin - 2 sp, 5 cp (room)
Targin - 2 sp, 5 cp (room)
Karathos - 6 sp (room and meal)
Jinali - 2 sp, 5 cp (room)
Galenye - 6 sp, 3 cp (room, meal and bath)
Selowen - 3 sp, 9 cp (room, meal, bath and laundry)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastin lowers his head into his hands, "Daughter?" Struggling to stand he grasps the counter. "He escaped, as you said he is slippery, there was a girl she fought alongside him." He hangs his head. "Could someone else?" He says as he turns away.

(He will take a meal too, and a bath)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye reaches out to place a hand on Erastin's shoulder. "She was fighting along side him," she says softly. "Kidnapped or not, she seemed to be working for him. It might have not been his daughter at all," she adds. "He sure got over it really fast."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Maybe." He shrugs, squeezing her hand tightly, "Let us move our things to the rooms."
(Btw he took Gallens saddlebag)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Shouldn't we get the keys to the rooms, first?" Galenye asks. "I know you want to show off how manly you are by trying to break down the door to your room, but I don't think the nice lady here will appreciate it too much," she teases once again.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After everyone pays, the keys are handed out. Room 1 is already taken. Room 2 is given to Targin and Erastin. Room 3 is given to Jinali and Selowen. Room 4 is given to Galenye.

===========

(OOC: I'll subtract the totals from everyone's money. Erastin has his horse's saddlebag with him, but I don't think there was anything in it?)
Attachments
Inn 02.JPG
Inn 02.JPG (227.39 KiB) Viewed 8128 times