Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 3: Trouble Arises

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 3: Trouble Arises

Post by Breila »

Karathos sighs. He had left his homeland because he was sick of the violent ways of his people and had hoped to find better, but now discovers that things aren't as clear-cut as he expected. Back on the road, he spots the two lady mages, and his face brightens. "Want to ride again, Jinali?" he asks.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastin rubs her worse leg gently before pulling away in embarrassment, what was coming over him? He had to fight it. "You rest on Galen, I will guide the way." He says with a hint of concern still in his voice.

Moving to meet the others, he keeps the mans sword by his side, unsure what to do with it.

"I think, well I think we can learn from that can't we?" He says with a low head.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"We definitely should, but what? We only approached to greet them and were attacked, that we can't avoid. But maybe we should coordinate better, so that no one escapes next time because we don't watch." Karathos scratches his head.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye winces lightly once Erastin touches her, but she tries to smile at him as she knows that he is only trying to help. "We just need to be a little more organized is all," she says. "Don't blame yourself for what happened back there. Mistakes happen."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"That would be a good start Karathos." He smiles at his friend, unsure what to say. "Come, we move for a while and make camp later today, when Solinari starts to go down."

Walking on slowly he glances occasionally at Galenye, he'd ridden with her for a long time, and he hadn't looked at her in that way in years. One thing was certain, they needed to talk.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Once back on the road, the party continues until the sun goes down and the white moon, Solinari, starts to make an appearance. As luck would have it, it's around this time that the party spots a roadside inn. For those who can read, the sign hanging over the door says the "Knight's Helm" and displays a picture of a closed-faced helmet.

"Well, this looks perfect. Or at least, better than sleeping on the hard ground again, surrounded by kender," Selowen says.

Stepping into the courtyard, a young lad of around 12 or so years, steps out of the stable. He has shoulder-length brown hair tangled with small bits of hay. "Oh, welcome," he says, rather professionally. "Staying the night? I can see to your horse and po...ny," he trails off, eyes widening upon seeing the hulking minotaur.

===========

It is now Evening Watch (7:00 PM).
Attachments
Inn.JPG
Inn.JPG (227.17 KiB) Viewed 5993 times
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"He means no harm. He is quite friendly, " Galenye says to the boy as she gently dismounts from Erastin's horse. "Though, yes we are looking to stay the night."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Hello" Karathos says to the boy, in as soft a voice as he can manage. "I assure you that I do not have a habit of eating young men. Nothing except food I paid for or hunted rightfully, in fact." His big head is nodding up and down as he says this. His friends know that this is his way of smiling, but of course, the stable boy does not. "And as most beds are too short for me, I would be content to sleep in your hay barn" he adds.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Err...that was a mighty suspicious thing to say," the boy comments. "Guess it's okay, so long as you don't spook the horses." The boy offers to take the reins of Ash and Gallen. "You can get rooms inside, just talk to my ma."

==========

(OOC: Just want to confirm, but Erastin took Erek's sword with him, right?)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(He did, for good or for ill. Jerrard will reply this evening when he gets home. Jen)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Thank you, yes rooms would be appreciated." Erastin says as he strides up to the boy, his hands at his sides. "I would stable Galen myself, but." He glances at Galenye,

"Please be gentle, his foreleg was injured recently." He turns his attention back to the stableboy.

Offering his shoulder to Galenye his shoulder, he pays no attention to the sword he carries at his side.
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"It's funny how fast I forget that you look like a bloody Creature to the most of people..." Jinali says to Karathos. Than she smiles: "I'm glad that my size fits in the bed, cause I don't like to sleep in the hey barn..."

Then she follows the others into the inn.
I am NOT sweet!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos laughs, and following after Jinali, stoops down his head and looks into the main room of the inn. If he has a chance to stand in there, he will enter, otherwise, he looks for a seat outdoors, preferable a bit removed from the entrance, not to scare people away...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The boy takes the reins of Ash and Gallen and leads them into the stable gently.

The party, meanwhile, steps inside the front door. Immediately they see a woman sitting at a desk, writing something down in a large book. She immediately looks up in surprise at the motley group, and like with the boy, her eyes linger warily on the minotaur. There don't seem to be any other people around.

The woman's probably only middle-aged, but has more wrinkles than one would expect, suggesting she's had a trying life. Her blond hair is braided to keep it out of her face and her clothes are simple and homespun.

Behind her is a large cabinet. One one of the shelves is a beautiful helmet in a glass case. It's obviously meant to be decorative, though, as it doesn't look sturdy enough to take any hits. There's also a few notices pinned to the nearby wall, including a wanted poster.

Getting to her feet, the woman greets them. "Welcome to the Knight's Helm Inn. I'm Eydis. Are you looking for some rooms for the night? How many?"

"How many you got open?" asks Selowen.

"Got four rooms total, but one of them's taken. The three rooms left are two doubles and a single," Eydis says. "Five silver a night for each room. If you want meals, that's an extra silver. You want baths, that's an extra three coppers. You want your clothes laundered, that's another copper per load. And...," her eyes dart back to the minotaur quickly, "break anything, you gotta pay for it."
Attachments
Key:<br />Red X - Party's location
Key:
Red X - Party's location
Inn 01.JPG (227.13 KiB) Viewed 5977 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Very carefully, Karathos looks around. He holds up his hands. "Ma'am, I have no intent of breaking anything. As I've already told your son, I'd prefer to sleep in the hay barn because there's room enough for my large frame. I was just hoping for a chance to get a meal here."