Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 3: Trouble Arises

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 3: Trouble Arises

Post by JadedDM »

"Looks like these bandits have come to rob us after all," the blond man says.

As Galenye fiddles with the lock, a small blade suddenly springs from a hidden compartment, slicing into her hand. Now her right hand, right leg and left leg were all damaged.

The ugly woman snorts. "Oh, forgot to mention. Be careful, that thing's trapped," she says with a grin.

==========

Galenye triggers the chest's trap, suffering (1d4): 1 damage.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos looks around in the tents, is there rope somewhere inside? If not, he will take some of the tent rope. He will not damage anything intentionally, but take things off as they were meant to. He will tie the prisoners loosely with that and free Galeyne's rope.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Salvaging what rope he can from the tents themselves, Karathos binds the four bandits loosely together, thus freeing Galenye's magical rope, so she can retrieve it.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastin shakes his head, he did not like this, and now Galenye was injured badly.

"Come, let us leave this place." He lowers his head, looking at the fallen girl. "Leave that, bring it with you if we must. We have more important things to do." He tries to shrug it off, taking Galenye's hand he winches at the wound. "Get your rope and ride Galen please, you are injured."

"Lets move out, our task awaits."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye flinches her hand back, but it wasn't enough to avoid the trap. ~How could I have been so stupid?~ she thought to herself. She wasn't thinking as clearly at the moment, but then again she wasn't at her full potential either. Leaving the box on the ground, she gathers her rope, and climbs up on Estain's horse without complaint.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Thank you Galenye." The would be Knight says as he starts to lead the horse away, "Someone needs to look at those wounds next time we rest." He adds.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos follows, shaking his large head. They sure had messed that encounter up, Galeyne was badly injured and they had gained nothing.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Targin is not satisfied. He picks up the small chest and inspects it before placing it on it's side and carefully using his axe to open it. He must know what is in this box.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Targin strikes the chest with his axe, again and again. It takes several chops, but eventually the thing splits open, spilling coins of copper and steel on the ground, as well as a number of small gemstones.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye leans forward upon the horse, watching Targin for a moment. "And I'm the bad one for actually being an thief," she mutters in annoyance.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Come, let us move, Targin we will wait for you at the top of the hill." Erastin moves slowly with his horse, guiding her on the reins. "Are you ok?" He asks Galenye.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'm tired," Galenye admits. "Though, being hurt kind of does that to you I think," she said, trying to joke a little. "I'll be fine once I get some sleep and get healed up."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos waits for Targin. "What is the matter with you, my dwarven friend?" he asks quietly. "You were the one who taught Erastin about knightly honour, but now you have attacked a girl who was ready to surrender, and you've violently broken up a chest... that doesn't fit, somehow." The minotaur's big brown eyes look concerned as he bends down so he doesn't have to talk loudly.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Targin is a little miffed by the contents of the chest, obviously expecting more indication of banditry than what pittance lays on the ground. Targin floows the rest of the group intending do regain his pony. He let's out a shrill whistle, expecting his mount to hear him.

"Karathos, my friend, I have told you earlier that once'n the fightin' begins, there is only one way I know do do it. We were walking into their camp, with a simple intent, and were attacked. That throws any talking out the tunnel as far as I am concerned. As for the chest, I, personally, had to know what was in it. Either they are poor bandits or were actually hunters as they said. I do feel sad that the girl is dead, now, but during the heat o' battle, she was a foe."
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Jinali walks on troughfully. Its strange, just the smell of fire and food had caused some dead people which might had been innocent and some hurt legs... Nothing of this had happend if the Party just had passed by...
I am NOT sweet!