Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

The Sarcophagus Legion III

Post by JadedDM »

About half past After Darkwatch, the party is ready to go, save for the two casters who need to pray for and study new spells for the day.

While waiting, Ulster and Thuskar begin putting their armor back on and discussing their next move.

"Should we try and get those inner doors open, and see what we can find?" Ulster asks.

"Seems like there's not much choice, other than to give up and head back," Thuskar points out. "But what about the animals? Just leave them here on their own?"

Ulster shrugs. "If we can find a way to close the outer doors, we could just leave them here. They would have nowhere to wander and nobody could get to them."

==============

It is now After Darkwatch (1:30 AM).

Casters, let me know your new spells for today.

Locky is still invisible, by the way.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion III

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Has anyone tried to look for a way to close the outer doors?" Imani asks the two warriors. "Though, then again maybe if we all pitched in we could close the doors manually...maybe."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka shakes her head at Imani's remerk. "No, I don't think we should waste our efforts there. The doors are dwarven-made, if they're not meant to be moved by hand, they won't. Let's concentrate our efforts on the inner doors. I would very much like to take the animals with us. If we leave them here, we show our presence to any occupant of the mine who wants to go out. And they might get killed then.

I guess Locky has found a way to close the outer doors, but that of course releases the narcotic gas as well, so it's not an option."
She smiles.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I've never known a horse that would go underground," Thuskar says. "The donkey is doable, as long as we don't have to do any climbing or anything," he adds, remembering the problems they had in the Shroom's caverns.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka sighs. "You're right, of course. Donkeys and ponies will follow their masters into the dark, but a spirited horse like Artemis won't. I just don't like the idea of leaving the animals here. Maybe I'm becoming a little paranoid, but I have the feeling that there's something is very wrong here, not just your usual bandits. But perhaps it's just me little gnome who is out of place here."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Thought I said new spells when she went to sleep)

Locky smiles, "Yes I found a trap, I didnt Mean to find one, but I did. The doors are very narrow, I would be surprised if the Horses got through."

(Spells: 1st. Create Water, Cure Lightx3, Detect Evil. 2nd.Cure Moderate Woundsx2, Hold Person. 3rd. Magical Vestment.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Hmmm." Jerrard rubs his beard, "I wonder if I were to make Artemis invisible, what she would do? He could remain here, but how would she react to it?"

(Same spells as before)
Last edited by Jerrard on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I have no idea" Babushka confesses. "Imani, she is your horse, what do you think?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky is quite correct, the horse is far too large to squeeze through the inner doors. It would not be possible to get her through them unless they were widened further (or perhaps if the horse was somehow made smaller).

Ulster considers Jerrard's words. "Hey, I always kind of wondered something. When you're invisible, can you...see yourself? I guess you can, right? I mean otherwise, you'd always be tripping over your own feet."

"What's your point?" asks Thuskar, frowning. Despite serving a mage, the talk of magic always seems to make him a little uneasy.

"Well...I mean, if you made the horse invisible, would she even be able to tell?" Ulster asks.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I can see me, and so no I doubt she would know at all." Locky announces proudly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, I don't see why you couldn't make her invisible," Imani says. "Though, we would have to leave some food around for her and some water," she points out.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well, if we leave fodder and water in a dark corner behind one of the pillars, I doubt someone who uses this entrance routinely will notice it. And a stranger might think it is used as a temporary stable - which it is." At these last words, Babushka chuckles.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I think its an excellent idea, and once again Babuskha gets to show how great she is by calming Artemis down!" Locky grins, totally unseen she jumps behind the Gnome and hugs her back.

"And then we get to move on?" she asks, looking at the group. "Who needs Paladine's aid?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I am injured and in need of aid." Jerrard replies to Locky as he grabs his spellbook, "I will make Artemis Invisible then."

(Has he regained his spells yet?)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

It only takes Jerrard half an hour to restudy the spells he lost, forcing him again to light his lantern and burn a bit of oil so he can actually see his spellbook.

Locky's prayers, however, take a good ninety minutes to replenish. Once she is done, they are set to get moving.

===============

1:30 AM - 3:00 AM
Dekker is healed 2 HP.
Jerrard is healed 2 HP.
Thuskar is healed 2 HP.
Imani is healed 2 HP.

Random Encounter check (1d10): 4, no encounters.

Locky and Jerrard replenish their spells.

It is now After Deepwatch (3AM).