Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion III

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Excuse me?" Imani asks, looking at the gnome. "Most of the wives of the Khan are treated well, providing that we do as we are told. I knew nothing of the Khan wanting to kill Syriana, so I took advantage of a situation to get my son out of there," she explains rather passionately. "After learning this, I don't want to turn Syriana in either, but I also want to save my son."

Turning her attention back to Jerrard. "If the Khan thinks she is dead, I go back to being his wife, and you won't get paid," she says. "Though, you would get your horse back, and you would be free to go." Though, that very idea seems seems to disgust Imani.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"If the Khan's wives are treated so well, why did you what to leave then?" Babushka is not yet ready to give up her argument. "Surely, your son would have better chances in life if he grows up as the Khan's son?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Do you think I like watching the Khan torture people that have done nothing wrong? Do you think I like cleaning up my other sister wives wounds because they did something that displeased him?" Imani asks in disbelief. "If I even tried to help those people that he has tortured, or try to interfere with some punishment on the behalf of another sister wife, then I could very easily die or even worse my son could die. Just because he might be an heir does not mean he is exempt from punishment," she explains. "I cannot and I will not watch my son grow up to be a man like him. If I have a chance to save him from that fate, then by the Gods I will do it."

By this point, Imani looks like she is about to be in tears, but she remained strong. She knew it was a bad idea to mention all of this to anyone. She was regretting it even now. They didn't understand. She was sure even Syriana didn't fully understand even though she was closet to her than any of these people.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Whoa, whoa," Ulster says, stepping between the two women. "We're all on the same side here, aren't we? Besides, there's no reason to argue, because I have...a plan," he says, rather proudly, gesturing to himself with his thumb.

"A plan?" asks Syriana curiously.

"Sure," Ulster says. He looks around and notices everyone looking at him. He fidgets slightly, before continuing. "Uh, listen, first...first, we just need to find a safe place to take Syriana and Imani, right? Then we return to Ak-Tubal. But not the town itself, we camp just outside of it...and wait for nightfall. Then, Jerrard makes one of us invisible. We walk into town, into the palace, grab Imani's son and Jerrard's horse, and then ride right out...nobody will ever see us. Then we ride like the wind. After that...I dunno, head back to Shrentak? From there, we can hop a boat to just about anywhere we want."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Ulster my friend, I think may have something there, I was just wracking my brains to think of an idea. I had come up with part of it, but you just filled in the blanks." Jerrard smiles, patting the warrior on the shoulder.

"However, we have to move, we can't stay here." He looks around.

"Imani, we are indeed on your side, my suggestion was an uneducated view, I applogise." He smiles and offers her his hand. "Syriana, will you come with us? We will do what we can, for you, Imani and Malik."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Nice idea Ulster, great plan." Locky grins, looking around, "Could I be the one to go get them, or me and another?"

"But yes, we have to go, will someone let us?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka still grumbles a little bit, but says nothing more. She does not really want to leave the mines and go back into the desert, but knows she doesn't really have a choice. So she follows the others listlessly, wherever they choose to go now.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Syriana takes a step back from Jerrard. She thinks a moment, and pulls the cloak he gave her closer around her. "Very well. I will consent to go with you. But you are not to touch me. No wizard may ever touch me, never again," she states emphatically.

With that said, she moves to stand close to Ulster. Ulster, however, doesn't notice, as he's looking at Imani, hoping that his plan has pleased her.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I understand." He bows low, "As long as you understand I am of the White Robes, no Wizard of the white robes would willingly hurt an innocent. I will see that no one hurts you, and hope that in time you will learn to trust me."

He looks to Babuskha, taking her by the arm, leading her away from the small group a moment.

"Talk to me." Is all he says to the Gnome.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Huh?" Babushka looks up at Jerrard. "I ... I have nothing to say, really."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Yes you do, I can hear it in your voice, and in the way you act." He strokes her hair softly. "You like this situation as much as I do, but we are stuck."

Taking her hand he watches the woman and the young teen, "We need the whole story, why did he take her blood? There has to be something more to it than that."

"I need you by my side on this Babuskha." He adds, waiting for her reaction.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I wonder how many sides there are?" Babushka muses aloud. "I don't think Imani and Syriana are on the same, really.
She thinks for a moment. "We should ask Syriana what exactly was done to her, and who did it. Why she distrusts mages.

That would be my job, then, wouldn't it?"
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"A job you are extremely good at." He smiles, his hand at her shoulder, "Thank you."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani takes in a deep breath and calms down a little. She looks to Ulster was he presents his plan, and smiles a little. She looks thankful that someone in this group is at least trying to come up with an idea to help both her and Syriana. "Thank you," she says softly to Ulster.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster beams at her thanks. "No problem," he says. "It's what I do--helping people."

Thuskar rolls his eyes. "Right, so now that that's out of the way, what say we get out of this haunted mine?"