Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 2: Trials and Diversions

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Day Two (Trials and Diversions)

Post by Breila »

Karathos looks at the chicken, but then shakes his head. There was no way for him to eat that in polite company. So he takes a good helping bread and cheese for himself and Galeyne. "Galeyne liked that jelly, didn't she?" he asks Targin and Jinali, stretching out his hand.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Thank you, miss," Geffin says stiffly, a little embarrassed by her forwardness. "I have been training for this my entire life."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Sure she did, or she can have some of my chicken is she prefers."

Targin loads a plate of chicken, bread, cheese and sausage, but leaves the jello.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastlin smiles at Geffin and Galenye, shaking his head slightly. "Yes I think its fair to say many of us have, it is sort of a shame that only some can be accepted, but the ideas of the Knighthood need to be maintained." The would be Knight bows to Galenye.

"My Lady I would offer you food but assume someone has already gone to aid you?" He glances at Karathos. "By your leave." He gives a flourish and starts to walk to the table. "We should eat." He says to Geffin, trying to use the opportunity to say sorry for causing him embarrassment.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yes. If you'll excuse me, then," Geffin says, bowing politely to Galeneye, then nodding to Erastin. He then starts to make his way to the food cart.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye snickers softly at the way Geffin acts around her. These poor guys need to loosen up a bit once in awhile, but she decides not to say that. Instead she just waves as the two walk off before she joins the others to grab some food. "Well, at least he is making friends I guess," she says on her approach.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well yes, of course he needs friends among the knights, too." There might just be a hint of jealousy in Karathos's words.

"Here Galeyne, we've brought you some of all the food available. Even the jello which you so liked." He offers the plate for her to choose, then sits down with his part and eats, enjoying the quiet and the company of Targin, Jinali and Galeyne.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye takes the food with a grin. "Thanks," she says cheerfully as she starts to dig in. "I wonder how we are going to fit into things when he becomes a full fledged knight?" she asks thoughtfully. "It might be a little while away yet, but still."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"You mean if we'll still be his friends then?" Karathos asks Galeyne. "Well, we'll have to see. Probably none of the other candidates has traveled as far as Erastin has. Most seem to have been brought up in their families."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Oh, I plan to always be his friend," Galenye says quickly. "We've been friends since we were little after all." Though, a part of her did wonder a little if that was going to change too. She furrowed her brow as she thought about it.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"He has been trained in the ways and skills for years now, what makes you think he will act any different when he gains the title?"

Targin takes a bite of chicken as he finishes hoping to replenish himself.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos shrugs. "His fellow squires and knights will claim parts of his time, so he will have less for us, that's a simple fact."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Moving at the same pace as Geffin he blushes. "Sorry, I didn't mean to cause cause any upset. While they appear strange I know I can count on any one of them at any time." Looking to the remaining candidates he waves his hand out. "Like a Knight would rely on those of the Order."

Bowing he gives a little shrug. "It was a pleasure sparing with you, and I look forward to the next one."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Do not think further on it," Geffin says. "If is of no consequence."

As they stand in line, Erastin hears a couple of lads talking behind him. He recognizes the voice of one, the rash redheaded boy who challenged McKennen. "Say, did you hear about the warriors in Khur? I hear that over there, they have curved swords. Curved. Swords." He then notices Erastin and grins. "Hey, it's that guy who thwarted the assassin and got through the exercises without passing out and totally held his own in a fight with the Grandmaster's nephew. Man, you have some fierce stamina. I bet you left all the girls in your hometown exhausted, eh?" he asks with a cheeky grin.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastlin looks a little embarrassed, fighting off the feeling he gives a simple bow, "I did what any Knight would do, what any of you would do." He responds graciously. "As for fight, I was lucky that's all." He is obviously trying to play it down, believing that a Knight should be judged by his deeds, not his words.

"And a Gentleman never tells." He grins, his eyes going to Galenye despite himself.