Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 2: Trials and Diversions

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH 2: Trials and Diversions

Post by JadedDM »

The blare of trumpets awaken the party at dawn, before light has even struck the eastern sky. Erastin awakens feeling rested and refreshed. The girls less so. Karathos and Targin likely wake up with hangovers.

Sir Rateliff shows up, banging on the doors of the knight candidates, including Erastin's. "Wake up now. Calisthenics in full plate mail start at once," he announces. "Meet down in the courtyard right away."

===========

It is now 6 AM.

Only Erastin must go. The others may accompany him or not, at their own discretion. It will have no bearing on Erastin's candidacy whatsoever.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Re: Day Two (Trials and Diversions)

Post by Breila »

"Ohhh no..." Karathos moans as the bangs on the door resonate in his head like in a bell.

"Maybe trying all the kinds of ale in Palanthas wasn't such a good idea after all... but good they were, very good..." he thinks to himself as he tries to get some sense into his head by splashing it liberally with water.

He gets ready, not quite soon enough for breakfast, but he wouldn't be able to eat anything anyway. Then he makes his way down to watch the trials, hoping to meet Targin somewhere along the way to see how badly the dwarf's hangover is...
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastlin rises just after dawn, the early night was dull but was needed. This was the most important day of his life, one he never thought would happen.

Because Targin is otherwise invloved he spends time donning his armor alone, before rising and going down to the Courtyard.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Targin awakes with the commotion, and sits up, then lays down again. He rolls over and slowly slings to the floor. He slow rises to dress in his finest cloths, only a little soiled.

He looks to drink some water and opens his door.

Walking into the hallway, he spies Karathos. A simple "Morning" is all he says for a bit.

As they walk more comes out. "Where is food?"

"Starch and sugar is good for the head. Even if only a bit."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye groans and pulls the covers back over her head for a few moments. "They can't be serious," she says with a long sigh. Though, she finally kicks the covers off of herself, cleans up a little, gets ready, and opens the door with a smile. "Morning, boys," she says to Karathos and Targin as she walks by to get to the courtyard.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Putting a grand face on it, Targin replies "Good morning Galenye, how was your evening?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"As I thought it would be," Galenye said. "These poor mages, I'm starting to think they lead very sheltered lives," she admits with a shrug. "Too much studying and too little living life."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos grimaces. "Perhaps they live their life mostly inside their heads. At least that doesn't give them a head like mine this morning. Let's go down to the dining hall. I feel I could empty a whole through of water, like my bovine cousins do."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Leaving Selowen and Jinali to sleep in, the others head up to the mess hall for a cold and fairly bland breakfast. After eating, Erastin is to report to the courtyard immediately, armed for battle. The others, however, have the whole day to themselves and may do whatever they like.

========

(OOC: Luna and Gaia can have their characters wake up and join in, whenever they like.)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastlin is sitting eating a simple meal when the others arrive. Looking out of a window he smiles when the others arrive.

"Wish me luck." He smiles again, "I hope you enjoy your day." Seemingly distracted he gives Galenye and the others a brief nod before standing to leave.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Targin greets Erastlin warmly. "Welcome to your big day. I will be watching, look for me if you would like advice. I am so proud of you, I am sure you will do well by me."

As the Squire aspirant rises to join the others, Targin rises as well to firmy clasp the youngster. He whispers "Good luck."

As he leaves, Targin returns to his breakfast in earnest, almost inhaling what is left.

As he rises to find a spot to observe the workout in the courtyard all he says to the others is "See ya later" as he hurries out.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"He's nervous," Galenye says as she has a bit of breakfast. Though, she finds she doesn't exactly have a taste for the breakfast served. With a wrinkle of her nose, she follows after the hurrying dwarf so she can observe the workout.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

As Erastin prepares to leave, Karathos gets up and hugs him after Targin lets go. "May the powers be with you" he says.

He eats some bread and drinks as much water as he can get before joining Targin and Galeyne watching the workout.
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Jinali cams into the room, just in time to see Erastin go.

"good luck for you" is all she says to him, than she sits down next to Karathos, giving a yawning "morning" to the party.
I am NOT sweet!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos moves his big head up and down rapidly in his way of grinning and says to Jinali: "Well, you seem to be sleepier than I. It seems you found last night's outing more tiring and interesting than Galeyne."