Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 2: Trials and Diversions

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Day Two (Trials and Diversions)

Post by Jerrard »

Erastin stands a little shocked, its not clear if it is because he is the only uninjured Candidate, or because the trials are to get worse.

"So, who's up for a bite to eat?" He asks, putting his arms around Galenye and Karathos in one motion. "I'm afraid it i'll have to be an early one, I am quite tired really."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Like you ever have to ask me twice, let's go."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Sure, we can eat," Galenye said. "But afterwards, you look like you need your rest. Who knows what the trails tomorrow are going to be like," she stated. "Good job by the way."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos gives Erastin a quick hug. "Yes, let's eat. And there's no problem with me if you turn in early. Targin and I will be able to find something to do" he says with a wink to the dwarf. "Though tonight, it should better be some exercise and practice, my muscles are getting a little stiff."

He moves his large shoulders, keeping an eye out for the rest of the public who are presumably on the way to the mess hall like them. Perhaps he can see the blonde lady who sat near him during the presentation of the canditates?
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Some of the candidates head toward the mess hall for a meal, but a good number just head straight to their dorms with the intention of collapsing in bed as soon as possible. These trials had truly been brutal. And McKennen's warning that tomorrow's would somehow be worse seemed to cast a dark pallor over most of the group.

At the mess hall, it seems they are currently serving some kind of meat and vegetable stew. Sure enough, Karathos does spot the blonde woman sitting at a table with a knight. The minotaur recognizes the knight as the one who stabbed the assassin from behind. Charles, was it? They are talking quietly. After a few minutes, Charles gets up and goes to bus his tray before heading out.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos had been watching Sir Charles and the blonde lady while standing in line for his food. Once he gets it, he passes by the table where the lady sits, pauses for a moment and greets her. "Good evening, my lady. Has your heart been with one of the candidates today?" he asks with his warmest voice.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The woman seems a bit surprised and even laughs lightly, perhaps a tad nervously, before responding. "Oh, my. Yes, you could say that. One of the candidates is a nephew of mine, and I came to support him. I was never very close with my father's side, but...well, family is family, right?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Indeed." Karathos nods his big head."Well, for the time being, none of my family can hope to be accepted here, so I am here to support a friend. Good night, my lady."

With a final nod, he passes her table and sits with his friends.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Yes lets go." Erastin takes the Hug with a smile, grinning in thanks to Galenye's comments. "I can last out a bit, feels like I have barely got to spend time with you all today."

Sitting down he takes some stew and eats quickly the trials had obviously taken it out of him, "I was thinking." He says as he lowers the spoon, "Today couldn't really have been fun for you all. Maybe you should take a trip to Palanthas tomorrow. We all knew it wasn't going to be a great time, but I do hate to think of you all bored." He looks around the table, the continues to eat.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos shakes his head. "Why do you think that watching the trials could be boring for us? I find it quite interesting, in my mind I compare it to the methods we minotaurs use for training."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Bah, I'd be nowhere-else."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I thought you would say that my friend." Erastin smiles, patting the dwarf on the back. "What about the rest of you?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Honestly, I'm a little bored," Galenye admits with a shrug. "Watching a bunch of guys work out in full plate mail isn't as fun as it sounds. Now if all of you were half naked, then it would be a little more interesting," she jokes. "I said I would stick around though, so that is what I'm going to do."
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Jinali gives Glayene a annoyed look. "What should be so funny with naked mans? I think the trials are very interesting. And if the knights won't wear this plates, we'll have one or more killed knights now!" she eats a little bit of her meal, than she asks: "Is ever someone being killed in the trials?"
I am NOT sweet!
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I never said anything about it being funny," Galenye says to the mage with a smirk. "It would just make it more...interesting."