Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 2: Trials and Diversions

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Day Two (Trials and Diversions)

Post by JadedDM »

"Unconscious, maybe a mild concussion," one of the medics explains. "Don't worry, if it's anything too bad, we can get one of the clerics to come look at him."

It's a lucky thing that the gods returned to Krynn and with them, magical healing. Erastin grew up in a world with these gods, and it's hard for him to imagine what things must have been like before, when there weren't clerics around to magically heal the more serious injuries.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I am glad, he fought well." Erastlin bows, removing his helm, he walks slowly to his friends, feeling thankful there were indeed Clerics.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Yea, me neither, 10-1 wouldn't be good 'nough odds."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I can't believe he beat three of them in a row," Galenye said in surprise. She wasn't sure if it was pure skill or if he was simply lucky.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Walking up to the group he gives them an astonished glance. "Can you believe that?" He asks with shock in his eyes.

(Jen)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Holding out his arm for a warrior's greeting, Karathos tells Erastin: "I generally believe what I see, my friend. You have trained well. Somewhere, I've heard a saying that luck is with the capable" he says with a sideways glance to Galeyne. His big head moves up and down, and there is unmistakable pride in his voice.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, I certainly can't believe it," Galenye says with a smirk. "Everyone else here wants to give you all sorts of encouragement. I figured I would be different," she states with a grin.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

The dwarf is proud of the lad too, but doesn't let it show much through his gruff visage. "Good job Erastlin, not a bad first day."
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Jinali jostles herself through the amount of congratulators. "Erastin!" she says when she finely comes through. "You were wounderfull. Very great fight. I was always sure that you'll become a knight!"
I am NOT sweet!
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Thank you all." Erastlin Bows to his friends, grinning despite himself. "Galenye, its ok, I get what you were doing." He gives her a playful pat on the shoulder. "But when I realised it was Geffin. Well, I wasn't sure what to do, I mean what would the Grandmaster think?"
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Boy, that's easy, at least ifin' he's any kinda knight, put it outta yor' head, may the best man win, no quarter I tell you. It's the same he expects from Geffen."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos nods. "Yes, letting someone win if you can beat him is not honorable at all."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Once the unconscious candidates were roused, McKennen calls them all to line up at attention, their swords drawn and pointed to the ground. A number of other knights come out to listen to McKennen's speech.

Among the candidates, only Erastin seemed to be without any bruises. The others range between a bit beat up to visibly leaning on their swords just to stay on their feet.

McKennen marches down the line, before speaking. "For the most part, you have succeeded admirably today. You have demonstrated to me that you are willing to endure almost anything to join our illustrious brotherhood, and I salute you for it." The knights raise their swords in the Solamnic salute toward the candidates. McKennen continues, "I have been honored to teach you today. I hope that those of you who felt my wrath today can forgive me." He grins. "But I’m sure you’ve had about enough of my prattle. One last word of warning before I go, though. The tests you faced today were the easy ones. Tomorrow, your mind will be tested far more severely. I hope you remember the Measure; otherwise, you’ll be serving as squires for a long time."

The knights salute the candidates again, and intone, "Est Sularus oth Mithas." They turn on their heels and walk inside, leaving the candidates to pick up the courtyard. Once this is done, they are left with the rest of the day to themselves.

===============

It is now Eleventh Watch (5:00 PM).

(OOC: Umm...Nuke, Jerrard...his name is Erastin. There's no 'L' in it. Sorry, I hate to be anal about that, but it was driving me nuts. :lol:

Anyway, the rest of the day belongs to you guys. But Erastin is pretty tired from his trials. Unless he can make an Endurance check with a -4 penalty, he won't have the energy to do much but go right to sleep.

This chapter will end whenever the party retires for the night.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: Brain kept thinking rastlin! Lol! Won't forget!

can you do the roll for me? Don't have access right now.)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Erastin makes an Endurance check (-4) (1d20): 4, pass.