Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion II

Post by Breila »

Babushka sighs. "You're probably right. We would have needed to leave the trail much sooner to be safe. So let's do what you suggested. Perhaps we should agree on a story to tell why we are here when we are challenged. I've been told that hospitality is sacred in the desert, that nobody will be refused shelter and water, as long as they don't present themselves as enemies."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'm not going to lie about the reason why I am here," Imani says. "Though, it is doubtful we will run into the Midnight Jackals this soon," she states with a sigh. "Their hideout is probably deep within the mine somewhere."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Agreeing to Imani's plan, the party approaches the stone doors and enters. It is considerably cooler in here, but there is also an oppressiveness in this hallway that won't lift, as if the taint of a great and ancient evil has somehow stained the very stone with its malign essence.

On either side of the hall are a row of four stone statues of lions with human-like faces. Their red-gemstone eyes dance with light and their great coiled beards are inlaid with silver.

The body of a large dervish, his throat slit and blood congealing over his torso, lies in the midst of the room. Otherwise, there is nobody else present here.

The inner doors on the other side of the hall are only ajar a mere eight inches, and are likewise made of stone like the entrance.
Attachments
Black Plume.jpg
Black Plume.jpg (133.32 KiB) Viewed 6236 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

At Imani's words, Babushka sighs softly. She has the ominous feeling that this proud princess might lead them straight into desaster, but as she can't do anything about it anyway, she keeps her thoughts to herself.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"You are probably right, still." The mage Shrugs at Imani, aware of Babuskha;s sigh, "Locky, I will make you invisible again, but, do not touch anything, you are there to scout no more." Jerrard keeps his voice what he hopes is firm but friendly as he prepares the spell. "We will wait here."

(Jerrard casts invisibilty on Locky)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky's eyes had gone to the statues, part of her really wanted to jump up on one, just to see what it might be like. Just as she starts to move Jerrard's voice brought her back to the group.

"Just look, not touch I think I can handle that." The whole group see's her eyes go to the statues again. "Actually I think I will cast a spell of my own, just in case. It enchants clothes to be as strong as the chain some warriors wear, unless one of you think you might need it."

(Magical Vestment, gives AC of 5 lasts for 25 rnds)

Priests spell compendium II Page 389
Sphere: Protection
Level: 3
Range: 0
Components: V, S. M
Casting Time: 1 rd.
Duration: 5 rds/lvl
Area of Effect: 7
Saving Throw: P
This spell enchants the casters vestment providing AC protection at least the equivalent of chain mail (AC 5). The vestment gains a +I enchantment for each three levels of the priest beyond 5th level, to a maximum of AC 1 at 17th level. The magic lasts for five rounds per level of the caster, or until the caster loses consciousness. If the vestment is worn with other armors, only the best Armor Class (either the armor or the vestment) is used: this pmtectinn is not cumulative with any other Armor Class protection. The material componeots are the vestment to be enchanted and the priest’s holy symbol, which are not expended.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After Jerrard chants the spell, Locky turns completely invisible, vanishing from sight to everyone but herself.

==========

Jerrard casts Invisibility on Locky.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

As Locky becomes invisible, Babushka tells her: "Beware of the body, too. My staff didn't warn me of the other ones, either."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky grins in her invisible state, "I will." With that she casts her own spell, protecting herself. (Casts spell above).

Then she steps towards the door as quietly as she can, listening for any sounds.
Move silently, hear noise: 1d100=62, 1d100=78 (fail/fail)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

As Locky sneaks up to the door, she reaches the dead body first, invisible and divinely protected. There are no scorpions to be seen on this body, nor does it stir at all at her approach. She does notice the black jackal tattoo on his wrist, however.

Meanwhile, Ulster and Thuskar work to coax Dekker and Artemis into the mine's hall and out of the hot sun. Although still warm here in the main hall, with the outer door wide open, it's still much cooler than it is outside. Were it not for the dead body and the ominous feeling the place had to it, everyone would no doubt feel quite relaxed here.

=============

Locky casts Magical Vestment on herself, improving her AC by 5 points for 25 rounds.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka works off her tension by checking the walls of the entrance hall and the outer doors. Are they typical of dwarven work she knows or are there differences? Can she find a mechanism for the doors?

(she stays close to the entrance and doesn't touch anything)
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The doors appear to be standard dwarven make. They are far too large and heavy to move manually, so it stands to reason there is some mechanism to open and close them. However, there is no means visible, at least here. It's possible it is hidden or just deeper inside.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka comes back to Jerrard, Imani, Ulster and Thuskar and settles down with them after seeing to Dekker and Artemis.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani takes the chance to sit down that she is settled. She leans her head back against a wall, and lets out small sigh. She never thought traveling the desert would effect her so much. Though, it had been awhile since she had done such a thing in the first place. "From here, I'm not sure what we are going to encounter," she admits softly.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Leaning down as close as she dares Locky takes a quick look at the body, before walking up to the doors, if she can squeeze through the gap she will.

(ooc: sorry been swamped at work!)

Borderlands 3 - Navi