Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion II

Post by Jenara »

"Well this is boring." Locky thinks to herself as she steps away from the strange looking creature, it was old and boring, and there appeared to be nothing here.

Backing away she goes back to the doors and slips inside. Something in the back of her mind told her to go back..

Dex Check: 1d20=10

Knowing where the trap is this time, she does a little jump and tries to avoid the tile.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After another couple of minutes, something happens. There is a creaking noise, and then the front doors reopen, allowing the gas to flow outside and out of the room. Sunlight pours back in, and those who fell unconscious begin to come to, feeling very stiff in their limbs.

Thuskar puts out his torch, as it is no longer needed as Ulster, Imani, Jerrard, and Dekker start to wake up.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"What. What happened?" Jerrard asks, rising slowly, rubbing his sore limbs, "I felt strange." He glances over at Babuskha in alarm. "Are you well?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Better than you are, my friend" Babushka smiles at Jerrard. "A poison gas has been released, putting you all to sleep, only Thuskar and I stayed awake. About Locky, obviously, I don't know.

It is a clever trap, probably very old, because no one came rushing here to finish us off while we slept."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Indeed, something is very wrong here." He moves stiffly, rubbing his shoulders and legs to bring back the circulation.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani slowly wakes up and pushes herself up back into a sitting position as she tries to work out the stiffness in her arms. "What happened?" she asks. "Is...is everyone all right?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Thuskar quickly fills in Imani on the situation.

"The odd thing is, why did nobody come to finish us off? And what happened to that guy, then?" he asks, pointing to the dead dervish.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I have a very dark suspicion." Babushka's voice is low. "Someone else than us, someone dark and powerful, is after the black jackals, too, and killed many of them, perhaps planning to make an undead force of them, under his control. Maybe this fellow will turn into an undead, too. Do you have an idea how that's done, Jerrard?

I only hope Locky is fine, that she didn't run into anything disastrous."
She turns her eyes to the inner doors, then remembers Locky is invisible, and turns to listening instead.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster blinks at Babushka's theory. "Wow, that sounds...kind of serious," he says, rather unnecessarily.

"So what should we do? Go after Locky?" asks Thuskar. "We're kind of in bad shape right now. On the other hand, I'm not sure how safe this place might be. At least, with the door jammed, nothing can get in here without us noticing."

"From the inside," Ulster points out. "The outer doors are wide open, though."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well then, the wisest course of action, to me, seems to be to set up a watch by the outer door, wait for Locky's return and get as much rest, as possible. Eat and drink, as well. Could one of you take first watch, please? I would like to look after the animals, first."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"We remain here, I am curious where the 'trap' Locky triggered is however." Jerrard responds to the questions regarding their movements. "Who is in the best condition? I myself am not." He lowers his head. "The heat was too much."

"Babuskha." He says moving over to her as she checks the horses. "I believe those of the black robes and many clerics of Darkness are capable of doing such a thing. It would take power do animate so many creatures in that way." He looks to Imani a second and then back to the Gnome, "You are correct something more sinister is going on."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(ooc: can I assume she dodged the trap?)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

(OOC: Yes, she can avoid it now that she knows where it is. With a Remove Traps roll, she can even disarm it so it won't be a problem later on.)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Skipping over the trap Locky attempts to see if there is some way she can stop if she can.

1d100=46 Fails. (the trap is just too tough, maybe its too old or something).
Instead she retrives a 1d100=51 The Last Pony Inn Fork she borrowed, wondering how that got there she leaves it on the tile as a reminder before skipping invisibly back to the others.

"Well THAT was boring!" She says as she taps Babuskha on the shoulder. "There is a funny creature in an old room with old barrels and what I think is mining equipment. But its boring apart from that."

"Anything been happening here?" She asks grinning to herself. "Oh I tripped a trap earlier, I know where it is now so it shouldn't affect you."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster practically jumps a foot into the air when Locky first speaks. He also grabs for his sword hilt in an attempt to pull it out, but the rust causes it to stick, which leads to him almost pulling the scabbard right off his belt.

Once he calms down, he sighs. "I guess she's back."

Thuskar looks in his best approximation of where Locky's voice was coming from. "Did you see any guards? Dervishes? Evil necromancers, possibly?"