Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion II

Post by Jerrard »

Jerrard slips down, his body showing clear signs of the fatigue he was suffering, collapsing into a corner as far away from the body as he can he takes his spellbook and makes an attempt at reading it.

"We have to consider watches, I suppose." He says with some effort.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I'll take first watch, I can't relax anyway" Babushka offers. "in fact, I feel as if we're sitting ducks here, walking into what might be the only entrance of the bandit's base. If anyone comes out, we're done for, we're in no shape to fight and probably outnumbered anyway. I seriously doubt we'll get out of here alive" Babushka throws an unhappy glance at Imani.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky continues to sneak forward, invisible, ignoring the dead body for now. As she gets closer to the ajar door, however, she feels one of the stone tiles she steps on give slightly, sinking a bit into the floor.

Before anyone can react, the giant stone doors of the entrance creak and then swing close with an audible bang. The entire room is now completely dark, for no sunlight can get in. There is a sudden hissing noise moments later.

Although the humans can't see, Locky and Babushka quickly switch over to their infravision to see some kind of gas spraying out of the sphinxes' mouths.

Within moments, Imani, Jerrard, Ulster and Dekker go down stiffly and lie there, unstirring. Thuskar and Artemis sway, but manage to hold on to consciousness. Locky and Babushka, however, are able to shrug off the effects of the gas with ease, thanks to their heritage.

=============

Locky saves vs. poison (1d20+2): 11, pass.
Babushka saves vs. poison (1d20+4): 19, pass.
Dekker saves vs. poison (1d20): 3, fail. Dekker passes out and takes (1d4): 3 DEX damage.
Ulster saves vs. poison (1d20): 2, fail. Ulster passes out and takes (1d4): 1 DEX damage.
Jerrard saves vs. poison (1d20): 2, fail. Jerrard passes out and takes (1d4): 4 DEX damage.
Thuskar saves vs. poison (1d20): 14, pass.
Imani saves vs. poison (1d20): 5, fail. Imani passes out and takes (1d4): 1 DEX damage.
Artemis saves vs. poison (1d20): 15, pass.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka lets loose a string of colorful swear words, both in Gnomish and Common. She checks on Dekker and their human companions, making sure they are alive, then watches out for things to come or for Locky to return.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ooops!" She mutters, torn, she could go back, or she could go on, the others were sleeping.... Deciding that she should find out what is behind the door, after all she was planning to do that anyway, and they wouldn't be expecting her, she moves on through the darkness, this time watching her feet.

Find Traps: 1d100=64 Fail, probably because its all dark!
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Coughing, Thuskar grasps around blindly, not sure what is happening. "Hello? What's going on?" he calls. "Are we under attack?"

Continuing on, Locky manages to squeeze through the doors. It's totally dark even here, but luckily she can still see fine. She is in a long hallway that extends at least as far as her infravision, perhaps more. To her immediate right is a closed door, and to her left is an open doorway. There are several branching halls down the main hall, as well. She sees no sign of activity coming from any direction, nor does she hear any.

===========

Locky makes a DEX check (1d20): 13, pass. She squeezes through the door.
Attachments
Key:<br />Red dot - Locky<br />Blue dot - Rest of the party
Key:
Red dot - Locky
Blue dot - Rest of the party
Black Plume.jpg (134.3 KiB) Viewed 9087 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Calm down, we're not under attack from people" Babushka says loudly. "Locky seems to have activated the mechanism closing the door, which is also a trap with sleeping gas, I saw it stream out. Now, do we have lanterns or torches so that you humans can see, too?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Coughing again, Thuskar nods. "Right...somewhere around here." She watches him blindly feel around inside his pack until he manages to find the flint and a torch. He brings the two together, lighting the torch and illuminating the room again. Luckily, the gas is not flammable.

Thuskar looks around the room, blinking to adjust to the light. He goes to check on Ulster, then Jerrard. "Still breathing, at least," he comments.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes, that seems to have been a narcotic gas, they're all OK, but sleeping. I have no idea where and how Locky is, and I don't dare call her." Babushka walks around, agitated. "How could we walk into this trap? The heat must have addled our brains."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Keeping the torch up, Thuskar uses his free hand to gently shake Jerrard. When the wizard does not stir, he tries shaking him harder, but still to no avail. "Wow, they're really out cold." Looking to Babushka, he says, "Well, at least we ain't dead. And maybe wherever Locky went, she'll find a way to get these doors open again."

He frowns in thought. "Unless...she was knocked out, too, and we just don't know because we can't see her. Hmm..."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka sighs. "Well, I guess we can call her. These doors banged shut more loudly than I can shout, so a call can't hurt."

She takes a few steps forward and calls out: "Locky? are you OK?"

Turning back to Thuskar, she says: "If she doesn't answer, we'll just have to wait until everyone wakes up. We have no way of finding her, and could only stumble over her. Oh, how I hate this situation! At least the fungus staff keeps quiet... for now."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Stepping forward slowly Locky peers into the open hallway to her left. "This would be far easier with Babuskha's Fungus Staff... Perhaps she would let me borrow it? She ponders to herself as she peers into the doorway.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Glancing into the doorway to the left, Locky sees it is a small storeroom of sorts. There are lots of barrels (most smashed open), crates, and so forth.
Attachments
Key:<br />Red dot - Locky<br />Blue dot - Rest of the party
Key:
Red dot - Locky
Blue dot - Rest of the party
Black Plume.jpg (134.48 KiB) Viewed 9075 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(the dice are not with me at the moment...)

Locky pulls herself back for a moment, perhaps she should look to see if someone had put something there to stop her? People always did that!

Searches for Traps 1d100=78 Fail

Seeing nothing she steps into the room, curious what the barrels were for....

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Not finding any traps after five minutes, she steps into the room. Aside from the barrels, there are stores of mining supplies such as coils of rope, picks and shovels, wood planks, and buckets of nails. The supplies seem quite old and neglected. Some of the rope is fraying, the wood is rotting, and the nails are mostly rusty.

The only other thing of note within the room is some kind of strange dog-like creature creature, curled up in a nap. Its head snaps up when Locky enters. Shining little eyes glare out from above a flat nose, its wide fanged mouth, with protruding fore-teeth like that of a rodent grown grotesquely large, spits in a bestial snarl. Its long, hairless tail twitches with anger.

It looks around the room, getting to its feet. It cannot see Locky, but it must have heard or smelled her, because it's becoming increasingly agitated.