Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 4: Turncoat

"A mighty gem of azure hue, shall cause the dead to pay their due.
So place silver 'pon their eyes, lest the dead, again shall rise."

-Children's Nursery Rhyme, Year 83, Age of Darkness

Moderator: Ismaels-Legacy

Talyn
Freeman
Freeman
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 4: Turncoat

Post by Talyn »

Wolf has a trickle of sweat going down his forehead at this development. "Well, I certainly have no desire to check out early." he manages in a low rasp.

He moves his gaze to the man. "You clearly want something, what is it?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"we are connected, yes." Carith growls, axe in hand. "Enough, what do you want with us? You have our grain, talk." she looks at the hold on Wolf, wondering if she could kill it before it killed him.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"You see, Grace" Hedra says to the girl as she holds her tight, "your brother seems to have little love for you. You are just a pawn for him, to be abandoned if it serves his end. Perhaps you should reconsider your loyalty."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Callan notes Grace's fidgeting and gives her a boot in the pants, then says quietly: "She's a spellcaster, Chanter. You see her so much as wiggle a finger, you give her a smack or a hard tug on the ear. Don't give her the opportunity to get into mischief."

Then he calls across to the stranger, loud enough to be heard by those assembled: "So you have one of the caravan guards. And we have one of your people. And both of them have small talents for magic. If it comes to a fight, they both die immediately and the world loses two sorcerers. But that won't matter much to you, because right after that Inky will be putting about two pounds of steel through the front of your skull.

"Now, you didn't attack immediately, and you still haven't, which means you are not sure you can win, and you'd rather negotiate than lose. So start negotiating. Or start fighting. Or piss off. I've got better things to do with my time.

"Besides, the longer you wait, the more your banditos are going to doubt your leadership skills. I am sure they're getting worried already."

Callan is calculating. The bandits have already lost initiative and momentum. The longer the standoff goes on, the less likely it will end in a fight and the more time he has to shake the bandits up and build up the confidence of the caravan guards.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Hedra nods. "I will make sure she stays still." She looks grim, the betrayal of a woman who had tried to befriend her feels like a personal insult.
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Th bandit gets a feral grin on his face and raises his sword into a fencer's salute with a short bow to Carith. "Very well. We have no need to press the issue at the moment. You DO have a long trip ahead of you. Come". With the final word, his canine companion releases Wolf's throat and lopes back into the shadows. As the man begins to back away, there comes two quick wolf-whistles from the woods. The sound of running feet can be heard bounding through the brush as it leads away from camp. The bandit gets a slightly worried look in his eyes, but he quickly recovers, smiles, and rudely gives Carith the two-finger salute.

Before tension can mount from their departure, the hunting group comes into view moving at a slow jog. A few of them have hide-bags slung over their shoulders, while the rest have bows with knocked arrows held in front of them. "It looks like you are all having fun without us!" Says a man in mottled green and brown clothing. While it looks like his garment is mostly patchwork, you almost wonder if it's not intentional. "The rest of the group is following close behind, but they stayed to gather us some new pelts!" He says with wicked enthusiasm. "And the best news yet, is that tonight we feast on venison!"
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Grace, who has been otherwise silent and stone-still, suddenly jumps to her feet and screams out, "COME BACK! COME BACK HERE YOU COWARD! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME BEHIND!!!"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Come." Carith orders kindly, grasping Wolf by the arm, "It looks like we have a reprieve." Moving back slowly she returns to the group, aiding the Wizard as she does so.

Giving Callan a greeting she breaks into a small smile, "Yes, I know, I got lucky." she says, imagining what he will say, "Either way, I am still here."

Dropping Wolf gently she frowns at Grace. "And you, either your with us, we have no further use for you.." Her head turns at thinking. "Venison you say?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Well, it looks as if your brother DOES leave you behind" Hedra tells Grace dryly. "Maybe that gives you an idea where your loyalty should lie? For tonight, you will be kept bound, but from tomorrow on, I guess even our security officers will want to see you hard at work." Hedra plans to keep Grace under close surveillance for the rest of the evening, not even untying her hands for the meal, spoon-feeding her instead, if necessary.

[Edit: continuity]
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Wolf gets to his feet and rubs his throat gingerly. "Yeah, that could have gone better..." he mutters more to himself than anyone.

"I didn't leave on purpose." Wolf says to Carith, not an apology so much as an explanation. "I just... I can't explain it. I had no intention of leaving. I just did"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I understand, or at least I think I do." She inspects the man closely, looking him up and down. "There is more to you, you need to talk." She gives the Mage a little grin licking her lips. "They obviously want you, called you, plus there is the noise. What ARE you Wolf?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Wolf shrugs. "No one of consequence." he says looking away from Carith. "Just one of a dwindling number of magic users left in this dark world."

He turns back to look at her. "That alone makes me worth something." he says somewhat spitefully.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Not the whole truth, I am sure, but enough to keep you alive." Carith grins, and takes his hand. "Indeed it makes you something."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

As the group gathers it's wits, the bandit leader swiftly emerges from the shadowy edge of the woods. He is stooped over and carried something in front of him. Before anyone can react, he stands, draws and releases a single arrow.....
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Carith turns as quick as she can, pulling Wolf down to the ground. "DOWN!" She shouts quickly.

Borderlands 3 - Navi