Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Chapter 4: Turncoat

"A mighty gem of azure hue, shall cause the dead to pay their due.
So place silver 'pon their eyes, lest the dead, again shall rise."

-Children's Nursery Rhyme, Year 83, Age of Darkness

Moderator: Ismaels-Legacy

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Chapter 4: Turncoat

Post by Jenara »

"It was the most practical option." She shrugs. "If she runs again, I will kill her myself." She says with hint of resignation, "Excuse me I will aid Callan.." With that she turns, shooting Reuben an evil stare.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

[OOC] Callan is a veteran soldier. I'm guessing this is a bit out of his league, though. [/OOC]
When Carith arrives, Callan says, quietly and matter-of-factly: "That Rueben is some piece of work. I'd never risk hurting the group by doing it out here, but I think once we get some walls around us, I am going to have to give him an attitude adjustment," Then he returns to Grace.
"Look, kid, your brother did this to you. We are going to do all we can to save you, but it's pretty bad. I can't make you any promises.
"You stole food from hungry people. That warrants punishment in the next life. Perhaps you can buy yourself some good will by telling us what you know, so we can get it back. And more good will by helping bring him to justice for hurting you."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"And if we strip the arrow, to get the feathering off, and then put it through all the way? Do you think that might work?" Hedra asks Callan.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"That's what I'd do if it were in meat, but it's not, and the shaft might be holding something together. We remove it, she might bleed worse."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I will see that he gets the message, and Grace is now in my care, no one will hurt her while she is with me." She says, a dark grin on her face, "If she runs, I kill her myself."

"Then what do we do? Without our help she will die." Carth says quietly, already drawing a dagger from her boot.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Then what should we do?" Hedra looks at Callan, concerned, her grey eyes wide open.
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Slade steps from the shadows, having lurked in the background of the scene. His face is downcast and he speaks quietly. "The arrow hasn't struck anything vital." When everyone looks at his he shrugs and looks sheepish. "We may have to adjust her arm to push the arrow through, so we don't hit bone. It will be incredibly painful, but she's not conscious yet anyway, so we should do it soon." He has been slowly moving forward the whole time and at the end of his words, he kneels at her feet, never taking his eyes off of her. "I always thought she was too good for me, but now I'm beginning to think that we were more alike than I care to think about."
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Hedra looks at Slade, incredibly relieved. "Do what you can, then, please, and tell me what I need to. With the Protector's help, she will live." When Slade gets to work, Hedra watches the man closely. Caring for wounds is definitely something she should learn to do better.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"There is no time for that now, if we don't save her, she will die." Carith curses, almost growling the words. She takes up position next to Slade and does as instructed, her knife removing the fletching first. "When you are ready." She looks into Slades eyes, "She lives because of me."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Hang on. I've done this before. Once we get the head out the other side, we can cut the shaft off close to her body, so we have to move less of it through her. If there's wine, or better, brandy, we can wash the shaft and the entry wound with it.
"I wish we had a crossbow around."
Talyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Talyn »

Wolf wanders back into view, having not found his charge. He listens to them talking about the wound. "If you can get he bolt out, I can cauterize it safely. Its intensive magic, but something that is simple to do." he offers somewhat awkwardly.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Then we have our Plan, break off the Bolt, pull it out as safety as we can, and Wolf here makes himself useful and does his thing with the wound. While I hold her down as hard as I can." Carith grins.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Tears in her eyes, Hedra withdraws from the scene a little bit, sitting to the side. There were enough people now who could care for Grace. Better than she could, certainly. She begins to pray, full of remorse, asking the Protector to be forgiven for the fatal mistake she had almost made. Deep in trance, she is only dimly aware of what is going on.
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

"I have some spirits." Comes a feeble voice from just outside the cluster around Grace. When you look, you see Ignatius standing there, nervous outside the confines of his wagon. "It's powerful stuff brewed by my people. It's only palatable in small doses, but for this purpose it would be beneficial. It will aid Master Magus's cauterizing by making the flames hotter, quicker."

Slade looks from the gnome back to Callan. "I'll hold her legs if others can hold her arms."
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I will hold her arms." Carith says simply, taking up position, her eyes go to Hedra for a brief moment before looking back at Grace.

Borderlands 3 - Navi