Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Day Six

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Day Six

Post by JadedDM »

The three rested for the night, and all of the following day. When they awoke the second day, they felt a bit better, especially Arvin. But Barlemus was still aching pretty badly, and Tavi was hardly completely hale again.

Tavi only had two more days left before her bargain would end with the shaman, and that's assuming he didn't decide to betray her anyway.

The trio sat by the lake to discuss their next step.

=====

The party is healed up 1 HP the first night, thanks to Petal's poultices.
The party is healed up 3 HP the second day, plus another 1 HP thanks to Petal's poultices.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Re: Day Six

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I only have two days left," Tavi says. "And it seems like the goblins are more prepared each time we go out at night," she explains. "How many did we actually manage to pick off?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I have not kept an exact count," Arvin admits. "We have slain perhaps sixty or so."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"That still leaves 140 of them," Tavi says with a small sigh. "Well, that is a little better than what we had to face last time I guess. They probably are more alert at their hideout too, so fighting our way in doesn't seem like the best option either," she adds thoughtfully. Absently, she kicks at some dirt as she tries to think up an idea. "They are expecting me, so couldn't we pretend that we captured the Night Stalker? Once we are inside, we could easily attack the shaman...maybe."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Isn't that what we tried before?" Barlemus asks.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"No," Tavi says. "We just approached the guards to the entrance, and then killed them. What I'm suggesting is to actually let them take us to the shaman."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Shall we wait for nightfall again, if that is our plan?" asks Arvin.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"If we wait until night fall, our chances improve slightly. They still have to send groups out to hunt," Tavi says. "The only problem I see with it is that Barlemus and I can't see in the dark."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Arvin shrugs. "You won't be able to see in the caverns at all without light, whether it is day or night. It cannot be helped."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, before we commit to this idea," Tavi says. "Do either of you have any thoughts?" she asks. "I've come to...sort of rely a little bit on the two of you after the past couple of days."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"I think you should make peace with yourself and your gods before we commit to anything, just in case," Arvin says.

"Pssh, don't be so pessimistic," Barlemus chides.

"I am not. I am being realistic. We face insurmountable odds. We three against over a hundred of them. And should we fail to stop the ritual, we'll have to face the White Terror, as well."

"Ut, you gotta hope for the best," Barlemus responds.

"And yet, we should plan for the worst. I'm just saying, we should be prepared. That is all," Arvin says.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Um...right," Tavi says. "Then I guess tomorrow night we will attack. Today, it seems like both Barlemus and I could use another day of rest. I'm not exactly feeling up to fighting off hundreds of goblins."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Right. Let's rest until then," Arvin suggests. He heads over to Petal's tree, and Barlemus heads down to the lake, leaving Tavi on her own for the moment.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi looks towards where both of the men in her life at the moment walked off too. With a sigh, she pushes herself to her feet and follows after Arvin. "Hey, Arvin. Can I talk to you for a moment?" she asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Arvin says something to Petal and she nods and disappears into her tree. Turning toward Tavi, he says, "Yes? What is it?"