Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion I

Post by JadedDM »

"Sure, sounds good," Ulster says. He prepares his bedroll so he can get some rest before his watch. Thuskar does likewise.

=========

OOC: Honestly, I hadn't considered it. Dry rations usually consists of food that won't go bad for a long time, like hardtack. But I'm sure the desert areas would have something different. Dehydrated dates would work, for one. There are probably others that could work, I'll have to do some research.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I want to watch with Imani!" Locky exclaims, giving am excited little jump, "She must have lots of wonderful stories and I can't wait to Hear them!" the Kender smiles a huge grin and opens her bedroll. Sitting right next to the woman.

"Guess That leaves you and me?" Jerrard says to Thuskar. "If you are ok with that my Lady?" Jerrard asks, sitting down with his own bedroll and spellbook.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Imani and Locky take the first watch. Aside from the kender's incessant chattering and constant questioning, it goes off without a hitch. When it's After Darkwatch, they wake up Ulster and Babushka and get some rest themselves.

The next three hours pass without incident, as well. When Early Watch arrives, it is time for Thuskar and Jerrard to be woken up for their turn. Babushka gets up from her seat, stretches, and dusts some sand off her robes. Suddenly, the Fungus Staff stretches out and hardens, indicating danger.

Searching around quickly in the moonlight, the gnome spots a lone hyena, its ribs jutting painfully through skin stretched taunt over bones and clearly on the verge of starvation, slowly stalking toward Dekker and Artemis from the south. Ulster, whose vision is not as good as Babushka's (and does not have a magical staff to warn him of danger), does not seem to notice.

==============

10:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Everyone regains 3 HP.

1:00 AM - 4:00 AM
Everyone regains 3 HP.

Random Encounter check (1d10): 1, encounter! (1d10): 4, Hyena

Surprise Rolls
Ulster (1d10-1): 3, surprised
Babushka (1d10): 7, not surprised

(OOC: Remember, everyone else is asleep except for Ulster and Babushka!)
Attachments
Each hex is 3 feet in size
Each hex is 3 feet in size
The Desert.JPG (61.37 KiB) Viewed 7978 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Ulster, wake up Thuskar and Jerrard! There's a hyena approaching our animals!"

After saying this, Babushka jogs over to Dekker and Artemis, getting herself between their animals and the hyena.

"I'm sorry, wild one, but these animals are not going to be your meal" she tells the beast firmly, knowing full well that if the hyena is really hungry, she has no chance to deter it and will have to kill. So she is prepared to ward off an attack with the staff.

(ooc: will be away and offline until January)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster hesitates, completely caught off-guard by what is happening. He had not expected there to be any trouble at all, and it takes a few moments for his brain to register Babushka's command.

Meanwhile, the hyena, realizing it has been spotted, decides to rush toward its prey. It beats Babushka there, and tries to attack Dekker, but the donkey backs away, loudly braying in protest. Startled, Artemis begins to whinny, as well.

Babushka arrives on the scene and takes a swing at the starving beast with her staff, but it ducks and backs away, growling menacingly. It's clear this hyena is not about to give up this meal without a fight!

==============

Initiative Order
Hyena (1d10+3): 5
Babushka (1d10+3): 7

Surprise Round!

Hyena attacks Dekker (1d20): 11, miss.
Babushka attacks the hyena with her Fungus Staff (1d20): 3, miss.

Ulster is no longer surprised. The cries of Dekker and Artemis should be more than sufficient to wake anyone up. It will take one round to wake up. It takes several rounds to put armor on (depending on what kind of armor it is and whether you have any help donning it).

(Actions for Round 1?)
Attachments
The Desert 02.JPG
The Desert 02.JPG (61.22 KiB) Viewed 7975 times
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Rising slowly Jerrard looks about groggily, "What?" He asks hearing the animals alarm, "Thuskar, quick, there is something out there." He pats the mans shoulder, reaching for his own blade before rising to his feet.

(No invis castle, so: Init: 1d10 = 6)

He draws his blade and moves as swiftly as he can towards the animals and try to make as much noise as he can to scare the Hyena.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky mumbles in her sleep and rolls over, seemly unaware of the situation.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Much like Locky, Imani sleeps through the situation.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka drops the fungus staff and attacks the hyena with Jerrard's gift, the longtooth dagger.

(Inivsible castle being unavailable, I use my own dice)

Initiative: 1d10=3
Attack: 1d20=6, miss
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Dropping the staff to the ground, Babushka draws the dagger Jerrard gifted her back in Shrentak. Immediately, it grows to full size. She stabs forward with it, but the hyena just barely dodges.

Jerrard gets up, making as much noise as he can. This does get the hyena's attention, alerting it that it's now facing more of a defense than it had first hoped it would.

Meanwhile, Ulster quickly kneels by Thuskar and shakes the big warrior. "Thuskar, get up. Quick! We're under attack!"

Thuskar jumps up, fumbling for his sword. "What is it? Bandits? Mummies? Mummy bandits?" he asks groggily.

"No, just a dog or something," Ulster explains, getting up to his feet.

Thuskar looks at Ulster with annoyance. He appears to be considering going back to sleep.

The hyena, however, has decided this is too much. Although starving and with very little to lose, the beast's instinct to survive overcomes it. It turns and tries to flee into the night, very likely to starve to death before finding a less guarded meal.

===========

Initiative Order
Babushka (1d10+1): 4
Jerrard (1d10): 6
Ulster (1d10): 10
Hyena (1d10+3): 13

Round 1!

Babushka attacks the hyena with her Longtooth Dagger (1d20+2): 8, bare miss.
Jerrard gets up.
Ulster wakes up Thuskar.
Hyena makes a morale check (2d10-1): 11, fail. The creature attempts to flee.

(Babushka may make a free back attack against the hyena as it turns to flee, if she wishes. Otherwise, the battle is over.)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka puts the dagger back in its boot sheath and draws up again. "I wish we had food to spare for you, but alas, we don't" she mutters, mostly to herself. Watching the animal fleeing for sure, she walks back to her group.

"Jerrard, Thuskar, I believe it's nearly your watch" she tells her comrades as she sits on her bedroll, ready to go to sleep once the two men are set up for their watch.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Mmmmm" Locky mumbles quietly, turning in her sleep.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Yes, I believe it is." Jerrard smiles, patting Babuskha on the back, "Rest well, lets hope the remainder of our sleep is less disturbed."

With that he moves the mounts closer to them, smiling a little. "Let us move the bedrolls closer, easier if we are attacked again." Sitting down he keeps his sword on his lap, his spellbook in his hands.

"How are you?"" He asks Thuskar with concern, "Is there anything anyone can do for you?"

(Conversation was supposed toe with Thuskar, not Bab. Posted changed after Brelia posted.)
Last edited by Jerrard on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka looks up at Jerrard, surprised. "I'm perfectly well, especially now that the night is cool, what gets you worried?"

As she realizes that Jerrard had been talking to Thuskar, she blushes and mumbles: "Oh sorry, I thought you were talking to me."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"No no, you are fine my dear, go to sleep." Jerrard smiles kindly, "Please, we will watch over you."