Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion I

Post by Breila »

At Imani's advice, Babushka grimaces. Indeed, she was a lot less comfortable with her armor on than she had been without it, but still A LOT better than with the clothes she came to Ak-Tubal with.

"Are we ready to move, then?" she asks.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster nods. "All ready."

The party heads out, into the scorching wasteland.

The desert heat is broiling. In the town of Ak-Tubal, it was hot. But there was shade. Here, there is none. The sun bears down on the party with a vengeance, and the white sand of the desert only reflects it back at them.

After only half an hour of travel, the party feels insufferably overheated. It's bad enough for those not in armor, but for those wearing armor, it's even worse.

Ulster stumbles and drops to his knees. "Okay, wait...wait, wait. I can't take it any longer. This is coming off." He begins to fumble with his leather armor, removing it and putting it in his pack.

"If something attacks us...we're going to need that ar--oh, @#$% it, I don't care anymore," Thuskar says, doing likewise with his studded leather. "Gods, that's better."

=============

It is 107 F (42 C). For anyone wearing leather armor, it feels like it's 127 F (53 C). For anyone wearing studded leather, it feels like it's 137 F (58 C).

Those without armor (Locky, Jerrard, Dekker and Artemis) all suffer a temporary -1 to STR, -2 to CON and -2 to hit in this heat.

Those wearing armor (Babushka, Ulster, Thuskar and Imani) all suffer a temporary -2 to STR, -1 to DEX, -4 to CON and -4 to hit in this heat.

3:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Locky makes a CON check (1d20+1): 8, pass.
Babushka makes a CON check (1d20+4): 11, pass.
Jerrard makes a CON check (1d20+2): 6, pass.
Ulster makes a CON check (1d20+5): 25, fail. Ulster takes temporary 4 damage from heat exhaustion.
Thuskar makes a CON check (1d20+5): 18, fail. Thuskar takes temporary 4 damage from heat exhaustion.
Imani makes a CON check (1d20+4): 11, fail. Imani takes temporary 4 damage from heat exhaustion.
Dekker makes a CON check (1d20+2): 4, pass.
Artemis makes a CON check (1d20+2): 7, pass.
Attachments
Desert.jpg
Desert.jpg (76.04 KiB) Viewed 6775 times
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Well I think the word I would use here is horrible, this is really horrible, does the desert just go on like this forever? I mean look at it, its all pretty and the sand is really interesting.." Locky Rambles, tongue sticking out as the little Kender pants in the heat. "How far till we get to where she was taken?" She looks up at Imani, glad she wasn't wearing any of that silly armor.

"You know, there is a story about the desert, you see, once upon a time there was a ring...." She rambles on as the forge away through the desert.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"The armor is only good if you have the strength to wear it, you have made the right choice, imagine wearing a suit of chain in this...?" Jerrard comments to both men before looking up at Imani. "I agree with Locky's question, how far till we reach our destination? The slightest bit of wind will make Tracking in this almost impossible, thus I hope you have a plan for that."

Seeing the party struggling in the heat he uses his magic to summon a tiny rain cloud, the cloud releases cold rain on the group, one at a time, starting with Babuskha and ending with Imani.

(Cantrip: 1d20=2 Pass, doesnt DO anything, but the effect will be psychological)
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Thank you, Jerrard, you're as good to us as ever." The gnome beams up at the tall mage, rejoicing to feel refreshed.

She joins Imani after that and ask the desert woman: "Should we try to keep Locky talking less, because her mouth will get dry talking all the time?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"At this rate, not before night fall," Imani says as she dismounts Artemis and removes her armor. "Though, if the two smallest of the group ride upon my horse, we might make it in a couple of hours," she suggests. She takes a moment to take a few sips of her water as well.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"That is a nice idea, Imani. And your Artemis is a fine horse, I am honored do be allowed to ride her."
She approaches Artemis and attempts to befriend her.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Whispering soothing nothings to the horse, Babushka slowly approaches her. The horse sniffs at the gnome curiously, likely having never seen one before, and then nuzzles its snout against her head.

"I'll help you up," Ulster says, offering a hand to give the gnome and the kender a boost to Artemis' saddle.

==========

Babushka uses Animal Empathy on Artemis, Artemis is now friendly toward Babushka (no save needed).

Imani's, Ulster's and Thuskar's personal temperature drops to 107 F now that their armor is off. Their penalties drop from a temporary -2 to STR, -1 to DEX, -4 to CON and -4 to hit to a temporary -1 to STR, -2 to CON and -2 to hit.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Thank you" Babushka smiles at Ulster as he helps her up. "And thank you, Imani, for letting us ride your beautiful horse."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I..I.." Locky sits on the back of the horse, stunned by the change of view and glad her little legs got a rest. "Thank you." She smiles at Imani and Ulster, as she pulls up close to Bab for a moment, hugging her tight. "Isn't this fun!" she giggles.

Jerrard grins a little, watching the speechless Kender. "Tell me, does the Kahn often let his wives go on such missions?" he asks sipping his water as the last of the rain fades away.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Imani smiles a little behind her veil as she watches the gnome and kender. Though, she knew her horse was pretty much a gentle creature otherwise she wouldn't have offered such a thing. "No," she said to Jerrard. "Most of his wives are not trained in the art of combat either," she explains.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes, riding such a fine mount is a pleasure" Babushka tells Locky as she presses her arms down to squeeze the kender's to kind of return her hug.

"Tell me, Imani, what styles of combat are you trained in? You have two scimitars, are you trained in two-handed combat? If so, I would very much like to practice with you once the sun sets. I don't often get the chance to practice with someone else who does double wield combat."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Your horse is lovely!" Locky giggles, watching the world as it goes by, content to sing a little traveling tune.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"As I suspected, then you are a special case." The mage ponders, laughing quietly at Locky. "Thank you for your help so far Imani." He grins, "I was wondering about the veil, are the two girls exempt because they are outsiders? And is it a Cultural requirement?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I mostly duel wield," Imani says. "Though, I also know how to use a staff and short bow as well. I'm not so sure practicing such a talent would be a good idea while we are out in the desert, but perhaps once we are done saving Syriana."

"I...yes I suppose you could say that I am a special case in this matter." Though, there was obviously more to the story, but it seems as if Imani doesn't wish to go into too many details as to why she is actually on this little quest. "All women keep their faces covered here. Some tribes are more strict about it than others, but it is something that must be done. We are considered...unclean if we don't have a veil on while in public. It also protects us from the desert sun. Locky and Babushka should be okay not wearing one since they aren't from here."