Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Sarcophagus Legion I

Post by Breila »

"Maybe anywhere would have been better than where she was - or where she was brought to" Babushka says darkly.
"Do you have any idea where she should be brought? she asks Imani.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"They were on the way to the Khan's summer home," Imani says with a sigh. The thought makes her shiver slightly despite the hot sun baring down upon her. "We have all been there, and it was Syriana's turn as she was the newest wife. It is quite possible that she resisted, so to make sure she didn't run away they tied her legs together."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"So... the Khan's demand of his wives is worse in the summer home than in the palace?" Babushka asks, her eyes darkening. "Are you really sure Syriana is worse off where she is now than she would be in the Khan's summer home?"
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"She is worse off with those bandits than she would ever be with the Khan," Imani says, her arms crossing over her chest. "The Khan isn't the best of men. Matter of fact, he is probably one of the worst but he treats his wives well providing that we do as we are told," she explains. "I really do hope that none of you are thinking of saving Syriana, and then not returning her to the Khan. I can't return to the Khan without my sister wife, and I MUST return," she says rather adamantly. "So can we please do what we came here to do?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We are still helping!" Locky exclaims, "Of course we are, Babuskha was just making sure if there was anything we need to know." She was quite happy Imani had returned her hug, which made her smile.

"So, we know which way they went?" The Kender looks at Babuskha.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Yes we will help, did we not promise we would?" Jerrard adds in response to Lockys comment, her reaction was rather strange, there was definitely more to this than met the eye.

"Yes, if there is nothing else to find here, I suggest we move on."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka sighs. "I do not wish to offend you, Imani. But I had to make sure that we do the best thing we can do for Syriana and you. Back in Ak-Tubal, you couldn't speak your mind freely. Here you can. and if you tell us that bringing her back to the Khan is back, then that is what we will attempt to do."

She then turns to the rest of the group. "About 10-12 horses took of North by Northeast. There are hills in the distance. So that is our direction, too.
The track is quite easy to follow for the time being. May Locky and I ride Artemis again, and lead the way?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

After Locky and Babushka are helped back on top of Artemis, they set off, following the tracks.

The next few hours are particularly harsh, but the later it gets, the cooler it becomes. After two hours of travel, the temperature beings to lower a bit. Another two hours after that, and things become downright bearable, save for Babushka who is sweltering in her armor. Fortunately, the fact that she is riding instead of walking helps keep her from being too bad off.

By the time the fifth hour passes, the sun has finally gone down completely and night has arrived. The red moon, Lunitari, shines brightly and full this evening. Her cousins, Solinari and Nuitari, however, are nowhere to be seen.

Although the trail still heads northeast, toward the mountains, everyone is exhausted. Ironically, it is now very cool and would be an ideal time for travel, but pushing the party and their animals on might be dangerous, as well. Everyone's tired and it may be difficult to see what danger lies ahead when it is so dark.

Dekker's tongue lolls out of his mouth, Jerrard's lungs burn with each breath, and poor Thuskar looks about ready to fall face first into the sand. What little of his skin that is revealed is dark red, indicating a bad sunburn.

"Should we...make camp?" asks Ulster. "Or keep going, while it's still cool?"

==========

It is now 105 F (40 C). For Babushka, it feels like it's 135 F (57 C).

Everyone but Babushka suffers a temporary -1 to STR, -2 to CON and -2 to hit in this heat. Babushka suffers a temporary -2 to STR, -1 to DEX, -4 to CON and -4 to hit in this heat.

Because Locky and Babushka are riding, not walking, they get a -1 to -3 (rolled randomly) modifier to any damage they take from heat exhaustion.

5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Locky makes four CON checks (1d20+1): 9, 8, 12, 8. Locky takes 2-1 (1) damage from heat exhaustion.
Babushka makes four CON checks (1d20+4): 23, 24, 14, 21. Babushka takes 12-7 (5) damage from heat exhaustion.
Jerrard makes four CON checks (1d20+2): 5, 14, 22, 21. He takes 6 damage from heat exhaustion.
Ulster makes four CON checks (1d20+2): 21, 6, 16, 12. Ulster takes 2 damage from heat exhaustion.
Thuskar makes four CON checks (1d20+2): 21, 9, 8, 4. Thuskar takes 2 damage from heat exhaustion.
Imani makes four CON checks (1d20+1): 2, 3, 12, 7. Imani takes 2 damage from heat exhaustion.
Dekker makes four CON checks (1d20+2): 20, 5, 14, 21. Dekker takes 6 damage from heat exhaustion.
Artemis makes four CON checks (1d20+2): 11, 14, 15, 17. Artemis takes 2 damage from heat exhaustion.

Random Encounter Check: (1d10): 4, no encounters.

The temperature drops to 95 F (35 C). For Babushka, it feels like it's 125 F (52 C).

Everyone but Babushka suffers a temporary -1 to CON and -1 to hit in this heat. Babushka suffers a temporary -2 to STR, -1 to DEX, -4 to CON and -4 to hit in this heat.

Because Locky and Babushka are riding, not walking, they get a -1 to -3 (rolled randomly) modifier to any damage they take from heat exhaustion.

7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Locky makes four CON checks (1d20): 9, 10, 20, 8. Locky takes 1-1 (0) damage from heat exhaustion.
Babushka makes four CON checks (1d20+4): 11, 6, 9, 13. Babushka takes no damage from heat exhaustion.
Jerrard makes four CON checks (1d20+1): 8, 12, 14, 9. Jerrard takes 1 damage from heat exhaustion.
Ulster makes four CON checks (1d20+1): 9, 8, 8, 3. Ulster takes no damage from heat exhaustion.
Thuskar makes four CON checks (1d20+1): 13, 21, 13, 16. Thuskar takes 4 damage from heat exhaustion.
Imani makes four CON checks (1d20): 5, 14, 4, 12. Imani takes 2 damage from heat exhaustion.
Dekker makes four CON checks (1d20+1): 6, 9, 8, 7. Dekker takes no damage from heat exhaustion.
Artemis makes four CON checks (1d20+1): 7, 20, 13, 5. Artemis takes 1 damage from heat exhaustion.

The temperature drops to 85 F (30 C). For Babushka, it feels like it's 115 F (46 C).

Everyone but Babushka suffers no penalties in this heat. Babushka suffers a temporary -1 to STR, -1 to DEX, -3 to CON and -3 to hit in this heat.

9:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Babushka makes two CON checks (1d20+3): 21, 12. Babushka takes 3-1 (2) damage from heat exhaustion.

The temperature drops abruptly to 45 F (7 C). It is now cool enough that no further checks are needed. Nobody suffers any penalties.

It is 10 PM (Latewatch). The party has traveled 10 miles.
Attachments
1 hex = 2 miles<br />A - Caravan Massacre<br />B - Party's Current Location
1 hex = 2 miles
A - Caravan Massacre
B - Party's Current Location
Interior Desert.JPG (45.72 KiB) Viewed 8162 times
Lunitari full.jpg
Lunitari full.jpg (30.29 KiB) Viewed 8162 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"We should make camp" Babushka suggests. We all are exhausted, we need rest, food and water. Locky, you should have a look at Thuskar's skin. When I've eaten, I'll check the tracks. Maybe I can tell how far the bandits are ahead."

tracking check: 1d20=8, pass
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky waits for help off the horse, checking out the Sun. "Oh no." she says when she finally gets down, checking the warriors skin. "This is rather nasty!" using her newly learnt skill and healing she does what she can for him.

"yes, we must make camp." Jerrard says. "I suggest we double up. In case the heat is too much."

"Yep
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Ulster helps unsaddle and unburden Dekker. "Guess we won't be building a fire tonight, not unless someone thought to bring some firewood with them," he comments.

"The moonlight will have to suffice," Thuskar says.

"I'm not talking about light, I'm talking about heat," Ulster replies, shivering a bit.

"You're kidding me! After that blazing hot day, you really want to complain about it being cold?"

Ulster shrugs, having no response to that.

Shaking his head, then wincing because this actually hurts due to the sunburn, Thuskar turns toward Jerrard. "If we double up the watch, and each pair takes three hours, that should cover us until morning. Who gets first, second and third watches then?" he asks.

Babushka rechecks the tracks, but can't learn any new information than she has already gleamed from them. The tracks belong to horses, likely Khurish horses, and there are at least ten of them, and they are still heading northeast. She is unable to ascertain how old the tracks are.

==========

OOC: The damage from heat exhaustion will heal at 1 HP per hour until the party stops resting or the temperature rises to above 90 C again the following morning.

The temperature is currently 45 F, which means it's actually rather cold now. Not enough to hurt anyone, though.

Also, Jenara, what exactly is Locky doing for Thuskar? Your post kind of ended abruptly there.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'll take the first watch," Imani says. "I think we are going to have to find a way to keep your skin covered, otherwise you are not going to make the trip," she says to Thuskar.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Soz)

Locky uses healing, and cure light wounds to aid Thuskar.

1d20, 1d8=[3], [7]

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Locky opens up her new healing kit and finds what she is looking for--a plant known as aloe vera. She applies it, along with a few other medicines, to help ease Thuskar's burns. She then finishes up with a quick prayer to Paladine.

"Thanks," Thuskar says. "That helps a little." Nodding to Imani, he says, "I'll take third watch, if there are no objections."

==========

Locky's mundane heal attempt on Thuskar restores (1d3): 3 HP.

Night Watch
First - Imani, ???
Second - ???, ???
Third - Thuskar, ???

What about everyone else?
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka turns to her henchman. "What do you think, Ulster, should we take second watch?"

She makes herself comfortable with her bedroll and takes the armor off for the night, but keeps it close in case there is an alarm. She then takes a look at her rations, is it the usual fare or is there something uncommon and special to the desert (e.g. dates)?