Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread IX)

A group of 'Unlikely Heroes.'
Based in the world of Krynn.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (Game Thread IX)

Post by JadedDM »

Shay shrugs. "It might raise some eyebrows among the help, but I doubt Bronzemoon will even notice."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I don't know why." Locky says with a confused glance.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Locky, people generally don't have much room, they have to share bedrooms, if they like it or not. So a host can be very proud he is able to offer individual bedrooms, and find it strange if his guests don't want them." Babushka smiles at her friend.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Ohhh yes of course, well we just have to explain!" Locky beams, taking the Gnomes hand, dragging her to the room. She goes if Bab follows or not, spreading her pockets on the bed.

"Ohh how strange." She comments seeing the gems on the bed, "How pretty."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Yes, you tend to find a lot of pretty things, don't you?" Babushka smiles at Locky.

She goes to find the sanitary facilities, to prepare for bed.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"All Kender do. We just find things." Locky says as she collects her things, the gems remaining in her hand.

Placing them to one side she gets herself ready for bed, combing her hair she pulls on a simple night shirt, gems in hand.

"Babuskha, would you like these? There are always more pretty rocks, I'd like you to have these." She says placing them in Babuskha's hand when she returns.

(Will post her training etc later)

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The party prepares for bed and turns in, Babushka and Locky sharing a room. Shay and Jerrard, however, keep to their own private rooms.

The following day, after breakfast, the four are rejoined by Thuskar and Ulster. They wish to show the party around the city, but also are eager to spend the 100 stp that their employer had paid them for keeping Merithina alive. Babushka generously donates to them another 50 stp each, which only makes them more eager to restock their gear.

"We can start with the marketplace," Thuskar says. "Just about anything you can think of, you can find there."

"Yeah, and I'd like to visit the mageware shop, too," Ulster adds. He draws the rusty sword he found in the Funghemoth's lair. "I scraped all of the rust off this thing last night. But when I woke up today, it was rusted again. Might have some kind of spell on it or something. Might be worth finding out, in case it turns out cursed or something."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babushka looks at Locky and the gems in her hand. Her first impulse is to ask: "What use could they be for me?", but she thinks better of it and simply says "Thank you, Locky, they are very pretty" and examines them in the lamplight.

When they meet Ulster and Thuskar the next morning, she's eager to join them for equipment shopping. "I need a good dagger and a knife, then I can give the borrowed weapons back to Locky and Shay. And I would like to have a general look at the shops here and the wares they sell. Perhaps I'll find takers for the things I have to offer."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The group splits up for the sake of efficiency. Thuskar, now hale and healthy again, leads the two girls to the marketplace. Just about anything they can think of is for sale, and they see just about every race they know, and maybe a couple they didn't! Ogres, humans, elves, dwarves, kender, draconians and at one point Locky could have sworn she saw a centaur, but it might just have been a man on a horse. It was difficult to tell.

Meanwhile, Ulster and Jerrard head to the mageware shop. It's a simple building with a sign outside its door showing the three moons in a row. The proprietor is a black robe with only one hand--the other is a metal claw. He greets the two politely, but without any warmth. He calls himself 'the Wyvern.'

After Ulster has his sword checked out and Jerrard makes his purchases and trades, the two step outside. "Geez, that guy gives me the willies," Ulster comments. Jerrard barely hears him, however. Across the street, in an alley, is a man in red robes. The man bears a striking resemblance to his master, Caron Bergnell. But surely it couldn't be. What would he be doing in Shrentak? Nevertheless, the man looks right at Jerrard and gestures for him to come, before stepping into the alley and vanishing into the shadows.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Locky wanders around the marketplace with a huge grin, her eyes alight with wonder and excitement. She buys a pretty knife, a big bag of assorted nuts and berries.

She actually keeps her hands to herself, borrowing nothing.

Jerrard taps Ulster on the shoulder, "I think I need to talk to him, do you want to wait here?" The mage asks, stepping towards to where the mage departed. "Or would like to remain?" either way Jerrard follows the man. He keeps his hand on his weapon.

He chose not to wear his robes, sticking to his shirt and breeches.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

As they wander around the marketplace, Locky notices a number of temples not far off, all lined up in their own little district of sorts.

Meanwhile, Ulster nods. "Go on ahead. There are a few things I want to pick up in market, anyway. I'll meet you back at Merithina's place later."

Stepping into the alley, Jerrard finds the man in red waiting for him. He is holding a staff which holds a small red crystal at its top, which gives off a faint crimson light that gives the wizard a slightly sinister appearance. "Hello, apprentice," the man says. He pushes back his hood, revealing it truly is Jerrard's master, Caron Bergnell.

==================

Locky buys a knife for 5 sp and some assorted nuts and berries for 2 cp.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Oh." Locky says in awe, the temples in her sights. "Can we go and take a look?" she asks the group, grabbing Bab's arm. "Please?"

Jerrard lowers his head. "Master. I trust you are well? I hope my letter got to you safety?" removing his hand from his weapon he falls silent.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Caron nodded. "Indeed it did. Congratulations on a job well done, Foss. There is someone who wishes to speak to you, though. Can you spare a few hours away from your friends? It is a matter of great importance."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I am humbled." he bows. "My companions played a great part also." that silly Kender, he smiles slightly.

"Yes of course. I am at your command, as always, I will not be missed for a short while." with that he steps back, waiting on his master.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Babs lets herself be led to the temples willingly, and does her best to listen to Locky's ramblings.