Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 4: Lair of the Dragon

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH 4: Lair of the Dragon

Post by JadedDM »

Water splashes down the slick sides of the shaft as each of the party members slid down it. The tunnel is dark and chilly; the noise of the water is so deafening to almost block out the party's screams of terror and/or glee.

Eventually, the natural water slide deposits the party members onto what appears to be the outside of a hall that is lying on its side. The water continues into the building's thirty feet tall window and out the other side of the hall. The glass is gone, but the ironwork of the windowframe remains. Curtains of woven metal strands fall from the northern end of the window down to the floor of the room below.

Laurana is down first, followed by Sturm, then Magpie, Goldmoon, Tas, Riverwind, and Tanis. A few moments later, Raistlin and Caramon join them. Flint comes last, screaming the whole way down. All of them are now completely drenched and rather cold.

Once Tanis has regained his bearings, he turns toward Laurana and Sturm. "Let's not jump into any holes in the future without discussing it first, all right? I expect better from you, Sturm. Since when are you so reckless?"

"I'll knock y-your damn helmet in i-if you do that a-again!" Flint says to Sturm, shivering like a leaf.

Riverwind fusses over Goldmoon, making sure she is uninjured. Outside of a couple of minor scrapes or scratches, though, everyone seems intact, if not wet and cold.

Magpie approaches the window in the floor and looks down. "Almost to city," she says. She shakes herself like a dog, splashing anyone standing nearby. "Climb down curtain, jump to door. Is no problem."
Attachments
Xak Tsaroth Lower Level 01.jpg
Xak Tsaroth Lower Level 01.jpg (35.13 KiB) Viewed 10770 times
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Re: CH 4: Lair of the Dragon

Post by Jerrard »

"Does the measure not state to protect those weaker than one-self? Regardless of how silly and Reckless they are!" He glares at Laurana.

"Tanis my friend, I was doing my duty and protecting the Lady." With that he checks Brightblade and frowns at the Dwarf.

"Flint, are you ok? Do you need any aid?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"And if I would have stood there, I would be labeled as a little lost girl." Laurana says with a stern face, "So Magpie? We climb the curtain?" She says, back to Tanis, trying to look mad, fighting the urge to turn around and hug him.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"No, you would not have been" Goldmoon tells Laurana. "You could have waited long enough to discuss a plan, an alternative.
I guess we're reasonably safe from the draconian enemies here, thanks to you, Magpie"
she says with a little bow to the gully dwarf, "but we're very cold and wet, and it doesn't help us if we get stiff and sick from this. Is there a place where we can light a fire to dry ourselves, or at least change?"

(ooc: I remember having spent an evening shivering with fever after getting thoroughly drenched in a thunderstorm several hours away from home...this really is no laughing matter)
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Goldmoon is right," Tanis says. "We need to find a dry place to rest, and hopefully make a fire."

"A fire out of what?" Flint asks. "This isn't exactly a forest!"

"We'll worry about that later. For now, let's just get somewhere dry," the half-elf responds.

"Yes, climb!" Magpie says in response to Laurana. With that, she demonstrates. She begins climbing down the curtain. Looking carefully, they see that there is a doorway to the west about thirty feet off the ground. One of the curtains has been deliberately moved over by the door.

Although the curtain extends nearly to the ground, Magpie only climbs down until she's about level with the doorway, she starts swinging, then leaps across and grabs hold of the curtain by the door. Then she climbs up it, bringing her to the doorway and scampering in. "Is easy!" she calls back. "Don't fall!"

========

Magpie makes a DEX check (1d20): 15, pass.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Would you like to discuss this also?" Laurana asks with a Cheeky smile, watching the Dwarf dissappear.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Normally, Goldmoon would have rolled her eyes, but right now, her insides squirm. A woman of the plains, she is not exactly used to swinging above ground, just holding on to something, and then jump, catching another something, not to fall.

"You go first" she mumbles to Laurana, trying to get a hold on herself.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sturm frowns, looking down the hole, "We are supposed to go down there? I do not like this Tanis, sliding down a pipe. While it has its problems is different."

"My Lady, are you well?" He asks, seeing Goldmoon's reaction.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Not really, no" Goldmoon answers in a small voice. "I am a woman of the plains, and I feel unwell when there's no firm ground under my feet. Swinging over an abyss with just the strength of my hands to keep me from crashing rather frightens me." She is pale, but determined to go on, despite her heart thumping so fast she can hardly breathe.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Laurana steps towards the woman, finally she showed some emotion other than grim determination.

"I understand, do you not think i feel the same? I am no brave warrior, just a little girl, who has run away from her father." realising she has said too much she looks to Tanis. "Do I have your leave to follow her? In case we loose her? Tas can join me."

Sturm lowers his head in agreement to Goldmoon. "Let me tell you of a lowly young man, he was not a strong warrior, yet he found courage inside of him to lead men, to fight dragons, to defeat a God." He takes the her hand. "That man was called Huma. He found strength to drive back the darkness, to reach beyond himself. You can do that too."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

A little embarrassed by the care bestowed upon her, Goldmoon withdraws her hand. "You do not need to worry about me" she says, head held high. "I have been a leader among my people for some time. I have learned to do what I must.

Shall we go on, then?"
she asks, braving her fear and readying herself for the task.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Tas checks his pockets for any loose sticks or such thing while looking around. "We can make a fire. Anyone can make a fire. We just need to worry about the smoke. You have to put it somewhere." He says the last part to himself in a low voice. "Maybe our new friends can help us find a spot?"
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Since nobody else seems willing to go first, Tanis steps forward. "I'll go first," he volunteers.

Taking hold of the curtain, he climbs half-way down, so that he's level with the door. Like Magpie, he gets the curtain swinging, then leaps and grabs the other curtain by the door. Letting out a deep breath, he then climbs up to the door, joining the gully dwarf.

================

Tanis makes a DEX check (1d20): 2, pass.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"It appears Tanis has made our minds up for us." Sturm announces, "Ladies." He motions to both Laurana and Goldmoon. "I will cover the rear." He turns, generally looking around for danger.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Not needing to be told twice Laurana taps Tas on the Shoulder and then slides down the curtain, swinging with Elven grace she flies through the air blonde hair flying behind her, before sliding down to join Tanis.

"I was ready to go, I just wanted to make sure we were all in agreement." She smiles and looks around, adjusting herself to the surroundings.

Dex Check: 1d20=9 Pass

Borderlands 3 - Navi