Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 4: Lair of the Dragon

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 4: Lair of the Dragon

Post by HorizonsDream »

"We can't leave Raveneye!" Sunstar cries out. They did promise to at least look into it, and now everything was about to come down on top of them.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Mother!" Goldmoon whispers, stretching out a hand. She is completely confused. As a young woman, she had be taught Tearsong was a goddess, then she learned that all the new gods were fakes and only the old ones had power, like Mishakal... now there was her mother seemingly coming out of the blue crystal staff Mishakal gave them... "Did I do you wrong?" she asks.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"No!" Raistlin screeches at his brother. "I will not leave without it!" He pulls himself away from the big warrior, then stops suddenly. Spotting what he was looking for in the coins, he quickly digs it out--a thin tome, bound in black with silver runes on the cover. He quickly stuffs it in his satchel, not even bothering to look inside. "We may leave now," he says evenly, as if giving his permission to the party.

Tanis looks between Laurana and Caramon. "You're right. We'll take the vines then. Magpie, lead the way. Quickly now! The water is rising fast." He glances to Sunstar, but cannot bring himself to look her in the eye.

Magpie rushes to the western doors, then gestures for Caramon and Sturm to help her push them open. Flint curses to himself as he grabs a handful of platinum coins. "Damn waste, all this treasure will be lost forever!" He runs after the others, pocketing the coins quickly.

----------------

Tearsong chuckles. "Not at all, daughter. I happily volunteered for this quest, if only to be close to you again, for a short time. I admit, I almost hesitated at the end there...because I knew we would have to be separated once more."

===========

Laurana adds the Onyx ring to her inventory.
Raistlin adds Fistandantilus' first spellbook to his inventory.
Flint adds 15 pp to his inventory.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Tanis! I am going to find Raveneye, please do not argue with me. You have your disks, take them to safety, I will go alone if I have to but I wondered if you might come to show me the way Magpie?" the young elf looks determined and somewhat lost. "I was silly to come and find you, but maybe I can help." with that she looks at Sunstar, "Where did you say he was?"

Sturm frowns, "The roof is collapsing, we need to get to high ground, back to safety." he pulls at Riverwind, dragging him to the vines. "These will get us to safety?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

When he hears Sunstar's voice, Riverwind stops in his tracks. The plainsman accent in a female voice reminds him of her. "I can't loose another without trying."

Over the noise, he yells. "Where is Raveneye." and he run's to Sunstar's side.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Caramon sets his back against one of the great doors and shoves as hard as he can, but is unable to budge it from the frame.... "Sturm! Riverwind! We have to get out of here!"

1d100 → [90] = (90)
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Then I'm not dead? Like you?" Goldmoon asks, bewildered.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Sunstar hesitates. She isn't exactly sure where his cell might be from here, as she's never been in this room before.

"We can go get him on the way, but we need to go now!" Tanis commands.

Working together, Caramon and Sturm push open the doors, leading them into a long, twenty foot wide hallway. The party jogs through, splashing along the way, as the water is now about an inch deep or so. Twice on their way through, someone steps on a panel that activates an unseen gong (that can barely be heard over the rushing water and falling debris), but the draconians are too busy escaping to worry about intruders.

Pushing open another set of doors, they round a corner into a pillared courtyard. To the south and west, the tunnels have collapsed. To the north are a set of stairs. "Gotta go this way!" she says.

However, there is also a tunnel to the east, and Sunstar notes it looks familiar to her. Indeed, this must be the direction to reach Raven-eye's cell.

-------------

Tearsong shakes her head. "Not quite. One day we will be together again. Perhaps in a week, perhaps in a year. Maybe not until you have grandchildren," she says, smiling at the thought. Her expression turns somber again. "But not today. Mishakal still has work for you to do on Krynn."

=========

(OOC: The doors weren't stuck, just too heavy for Magpie alone. No roll is needed. :D)
Attachments
Key:<br />Red dot - Party's approximate location<br />Blue arrow - Magpie's escape direction<br />Green arrow - Raven-eye's cell direction
Key:
Red dot - Party's approximate location
Blue arrow - Magpie's escape direction
Green arrow - Raven-eye's cell direction
Xak Tsaroth Lower Level 09.jpg (76.41 KiB) Viewed 5945 times
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon nods slowly. "I'm sure there is more work for me on Krynn. I don't know if Mishakal wants me to do it, but, oh, Mother, how I would like to avenge our people! Do you know that Que-Shu has been raided?

But now, I feel so tired, and so cold! Do you think I can stay here for a while and rest?"
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Caramon shouts to Tanis... "Get Raist and the slower and shorter ones to the vines! We'll go retrieve Raveneye!" He heads towards the tunnel with Riverwind and Sunstar.
"It's quite a place. A place of good times and bad, of pain and growth, but in the end a place of great hope. - But if you ever do come aboard, remember one thing: No one there is exactly what he seems. But then, who is?"- G'Kar
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You're going nowhere without me!" Laurana shouts, following after Caramon and the others before Tanis can say anything, sword drawn she charges onwards.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"We need to go. We will meet you where we started, the Temple, if anywhere still stands, that will." Sturm shouts cursing in Solmanic, as Laurana slips past him. "Leave her Tanis, we do not have time right now. Caramon will see her safe." The Knight turns to the others, "Come, we follow Magpie." He leads them behind the Gully Dwarf, ensuring the others are safe.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"We are going to need light," Sunstar says as she points to the tunnel to the east. "We need to hurry too."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Wait, Caramon! You can't find him if you can't see," Tanis says, stopping the big warrior. "We only have one light source, and that's with your brother. I can see in the dark, I'll go. Alone," he adds, with a glare to Laurana. "I'll be faster that way." He quickly takes the disks from his pack and hands them over to Riverwind. The barbarian notes they are surprisingly light.

"Now, go, I'll be right behind you!"

----------

Tearsong lowers her head, as if remembering a bad memory. "Yes, I know. By Verminaard, a cleric of darkness." She raises her head and looks Goldmoon in the eye. "You would return then, for vengeance? To swear a blood oath against Verminaard, to slay him and all his kin? Like you did with that befuddled old man at the inn?" she chides in that motherly tone of voice mothers always use.

"Revenge leads to darkness, and there is enough of that in this world. What we need is light. Yes, you must return, but not to avenge...to stop such atrocities from happening again, in the future, to others. Do you understand?"

=======

Tanis gives the Disks of Mishakal to Riverwind.
mltillis
Marshall
Marshall

Post by mltillis »

Caramon stares at the half-elf for a moment.... "The gods be with you, Tanis." Then turns to the others.... "Come on! He knows what he is doing! Riverwind, Sunstar you must see to the disks now, don't let Goldmoon's sacrifice be in vain." Last he faces Laurana.... "Let's go Laurana!" If she voices any protest or begins to turn away, Caramon throws the elven lass over his shoulder and hurries towards the vines following behind Sturm and the others....