Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 4: Lair of the Dragon

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 4: Lair of the Dragon

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon smiles gently and shakes her head. "Don't kneel before me, beloved. It is her you must turn to, and pledge your service to her." She points him to the statue of Mishakal. When he turns towards the statue, she stands behind him and lays her hands on his shoulders. "Mishakal, Godess of Healing. You gave your staff to Riverwind here, to bring it to me, so we could rid our world from the evil black dragon residing below your temple. Yet you tell us our work is not done. He to do it as your faithful servant. I pray to you, accept him and protect him. Protect us both, continue to protect us all as you have done so far."

She makes a pause to give Riverwind time to say his pledge.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

As Riverwind kneels before her, again she always knows what to do. He turns on his knees and face the statue and responds to her prompt.

"Dearest Mishakal, please accept this humble servant to further the re-awakening of this blessed knowledge in our world. I pladge all of my efforts to safeguard Priestess Goldmoon and support her efforts to spread the word."

He then bows down to touch his forehead on the temple floor.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The statue does not respond, although Goldmoon could swear that the Blue Crystal Staff held by the statue glimmered slightly, as if indicating approval of some kind.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

After Riverwind makes his pledge, Goldmoon walks in front of him, picks him up by the shoulders, and says formally:
"In the name of Mishakal, I accept your pledge and welcome you among her servants."

After a moment, she smiles at him, now reverted from priestess to woman, and kisses him on both cheeks. "Thank you, my beloved. And now let us set out."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The night passes without incident, and the following day, the party sets out again.

During the next couple of days, they travel--through the swamps, back over the mountains, and toward the plains once again. The air was cold with the early bite of winter, and the path was long without the Forestmaster's pegasi to help them.

The plains stretch across them. Dark clouds flash in the west--but not only dark clouds: even viewed from this great distance, the billowing darkness far across the plains is clearly something else. Smoke climbs into the autumn sky, rising from the forests of Solace.

"Tanis," the red robed wizard says, noticing this. "Look, up ahead. Do you see?"

"No!" Tanis chokes. He grips the mage's arm as if to steady himself. "No, it can't be!"

"Yes," Raistlin whispers. "Solace is burning."

==============

(OOC: DUN, DUN, DUUUUUN!

End of DL1!)