Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 4: Lair of the Dragon

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 4: Lair of the Dragon

Post by Kafen »

"This is new." Tas says with a mixture of awe and interest. He stands back and lets the magic of both the couple and spells unfold. Leaning over towards Sturm, he grins at the man. "See, we're all fine."
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Goldmoon sits down with the disks, determined to read them. It's clear this will take a few hours, at least, as there are quite a few of them.

"Interesting..," Raistlin says as he watches Riverwind heal right before his eyes.

"Bless my soul," Flint says. "She healed him alright, and without the staff!"

Tanis, emotionally exhausted, turns to the others. "I think...we'll be safe here for the night. Let's rest here, then set off tomorrow. I think we should return to Solace. It seems as good a place as any to begin our search for this so-called 'Leader of the People' and we'll need to restock supplies anyway."

Flint nods and sets about closing the doors to the temple so they aren't disturbed. Raistlin sits down and begins going over the black tome he found in the dragon's lair.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"True healing?" Sturm stands incredulous, "I recall stories of the Clerics, the true clerics standing alongside the Knights. Perhaps." He trails off, walking over to Tanis. "So we have a Cleric." He smiles. "I still would like to set a watch, caution is still required."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

After he is heals by the glory of Mishakal, Riverwind is suddenly hungry, he sits by Goldmoon to eat and try to help her read the discs.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"She did, she healed him." Laurana stands silent not knowing what to say, instead she reaches into her pack and produces her blanket, and lays it on the ground near Tanis. Motioning to Magpie she sits down, resting up against the wall. "Would you like some food?" She asks the Dwarf, fishing in her pack.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Sunstar scoffs as she watches Goldmoon heal her lover. Was it impressive? Sure. Though, she wasn't going to let on that it was impressive. With a sigh, she moved to go sit down in a corner. She did feel safe here though. Turning her attention to Raven-eye, she smiles slightly. "You're okay, right?" she finally asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tanis nods to Sturm. "A watch sounds good. One can never be too careful."

Magpie sits with the elf and rummages through her own pack. "Have own food. Want some?" she asks, pulling a very dead and very stiff lizard from her pack.

Raven-eye nods to his sister and sits with her. "I thought I was dead when the building started collapsing. You can imagine my surprise when a stranger came out of nowhere to save me at the last minute." He shakes his head. "Though, I am troubled. We have lived, but what now? Our village is gone, our people scattered or dead. I am not sure what lies in store for us in the future."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'm not sure myself," Sunstar admits. "But these people here seem to have some sort of plan. They are fighting the de...er I mean draconians that attacked our people," she explains.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Raven-eye looks out over the group. They were a very strange group, indeed. An elf, a dwarf, a kender...and that strange man with the gold skin and red robes made him particularly uncomfortable. He shakes his head to clear his thoughts, then looks back to Sunstar. "But can they? They are a small group. You yourself saw how our people fell to the demons. The giant, flying red demons that breathed fire, and razed our land to ash. What can we mere mortals do against such terrible evil?" he asks softly.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"...Perhaps there is some merit behind these Gods that they keep mention," Sunstar says. "There was a flying demon here, the color of pure darkness, they they did destroy it. They are called dragons," she explains. "As much as I don't like those two over there," she says, nodding her head towards Goldmoon and Riverwind. "The rest of the group seems to provide us with some hope, little as it may be."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Raven-eye widens his eyes in surprise. "Truly? They slew the black flying beast? I did not think those monsters could bleed, much less die. Perhaps then, there is still some hope left."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

After some time of studying the disks, Goldmoon sighs. Although she could not read normal script, these disks somehow spoke to her, but it was tiring, and she was hungry. So she carefully places them next to her and turns to Riverwind. "Could you pass over some of the food, beloved? I am really sleepy, I don't think I will understand much of it if I continue. I will do that tomorrow."

After eating a quiet meal, she wants to cuddle up with Riverwind and will share her experience in a whisper before they go to sleep.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Riverwind feel guilty about not sharing sooner. He digs through his backpack for more rations for Goldmoon. He also pulls out two for Sunstar and Raven-eye.

"Sunstar, Raven-eye, come eat some food."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Tas digs through his pack and pockets for both snacks and dinner. He hums contently as he searches the contents. Surely, there is something there to eat. It's a safe place for it.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

(OCC: You moved to fast for us.)

As Riverwing and Goldmoon whisper private thoughts for an hour or so before fading into sleep, they discuss what it means to them with Goldmoon being a cleric of Mishakal. They decide, or at least, Riverwind convinces Goldmoon to present him as a disciple of Mishakal. As they rise in the morning, Riverwing takes Goldmoon to the statue and supplicants himself in front of Goldmoon.

"Please." is all he says as he looks up into her eyes.