Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 4: Lair of the Dragon

The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Moderator: JadedDM

Forum rules
The original Dragonlance modules (DL1-DL14), updated to 2E.

Placed on Hiatus....
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: CH 4: Lair of the Dragon

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed the temple seemed safe somehow." sturm comments to flint, placing his hand on Tanis's shoulder he smiles. "Ours it not to question the ways of the gods, you saw her she made her sacrifice willingly, she did not hesitate let us make sure that was not in vain."

"Magpie, will you come with us? Or go back home? You can come with us if you choose, the world is not that scary." Laurana says patting the dwarf lightly. "We have a long way to go."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

As Raveneye reacts to Riverwind. he simply stands his ground, ready to deal with an act of violence from the man.

"All is not as it seems, You will know that 'unholy staff' allowed your freedom."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Sunstar returns the hug that was given to her with a small smile before she turns to face Riverwind. "That staff just killed Goldmoon, and it killed all of your people too," Sunstar says, her eyes narrowing at Riverwind. "You are the one that brought that staff back, so you are to blame for the destruction of our people. Don't expect us to have a lot of love for you or Goldmoon."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Stop." Tas says with a firm voice. "You should be glad to be alive. The sacrifice of others is a gift." He says in an even tone. At that point, he looks at Magpie. "Where would your people go with the flooding?"
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Magpie looks up at Laurana, then down at the city. "Home all gone now," she says. "Magpie can come with pretty princess lady. Make good loyal subject," she offers. "Magpie best groveler in Glup Clan!" Looking to the suddenly very serious kender, she says, "Up top" and points upward.

Tanis shakes his head. "Let's go," he says. He looks down at the Xak Tsaroth once more. The city that was dead, was now being buried. There was no reason to remain any longer.

-----------------

"Read the Disks of Mishakal, they will explain everything," Tearsong says. "Oh, how I wish I could hold you one last time, my daughter, but I have no form to so with." She reaches out to stroke Goldmoon's hair, but her hand passes right through her. "Just know that I will always be with you, no matter what. Sleep now. When you awake, you will be where you are supposed to be."

At her command, Goldmoon was suddenly hit with a powerful drowsiness. Sleep rushed toward her like a tidal wave, and there was no way to fight against it.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Gladly, Goldmoon lets the sleep wash over her. Sleep is what she wants most now, hopefully with a few nice dreams, to wake up rested and comforted...
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The climb back to the temple is a long one, made all the longer by the heavy hearts of the party. Consequently, it takes an hour at least to make their way back there.

Once they arrived, Tanis pushes open the huge golden doors and enters the chamber of Mishakal again rapidly. Once again he feels peace and tranquility flood over him, but now the feelings only add to his anger over what has happened.

"I cannot believe in you!" he cries to the statue of the goddess. "What kind of gods are you, that you demand a human sacrifice? You are the same gods who brought the Cataclysm down on man. All right--so you're powerful! Now leave us alone! We don't need you!" he shouts, unable to hold back his tears.

So intent is the half-elf on literally raging toward the heavens, that he fails to notice what everyone else does upon entering. That Goldmoon lays there off to the side, sound asleep, her breast rising and falling with the rhythm of her quiet breathing. Her silver-gold hair has come loose from its braid and drifts around her face in the gentle wind that fills the chamber with the fragrance of spring. The staff was once again part of the marble statue, but Goldmoon now wears around her throat the necklace that had once adorned the statue.

All of this shouting rouses Goldmoon from her rest. The first thing she notices upon waking up is the warm metal of the medallion around her neck.

===========

It is now Late Watch (10:00 PM).
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon sits up, a hand on the medallion. Her eyes seek out Riverwind, but then, hearing Tanis' rage and grief, she gets up, walks over to him and lays a hand on the half-elf's arm. "Tanis" she calls him. "Tanis, look here. Look at me. I am alive and well. Mishakal has saved me, and given me new powers. Now I can heal, even without the staff that is hers again." Goldmoon smiles at Tanis, her face beaming. "Do you have Mishakal's disks? I've been told to read them."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Before they left the City:
"Of course Magpie, I would be honored if you came with me. And no you will not need to Grovel, my Father will be displeased, but it is my choice." She smiles the first thought in her mind was to give the Gully Dwarf a bath and some clothes. Laughing she realises she needs exactly the same... If the Girls in Court could see her now.

Arriving at the Temple:
Placing a her hand on Tanis's when she enters the Temple, feeling his rage and anger she tries her best to console him, he was not the man she knew, time had changed him.

"Goldmoon, I saw you die, I saw the Dragon.... How?" The Elf stammers, as Goldmoon approaches, standing next to Tanis she offers the Plainswoman an embrace.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Sturm frowns at the arguing Plainsfolk, they were lucky to be alive, fortunate, they should be thankful they were alive. He says nothing as they walk, lost in his own thoughts.

Arriving in the Temple he closes his eyes, letting the Goddess's love wash over him, he believed, despite himself he believed. Yet he stands astounded when Goldmoon appears.
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"Goldmoon!" Tas shouts and launches himself at the woman wrapping his arms around her in a tight grip. "That's great! You're like poof and then pow. Dragon slayer and hey!" He looks around. "Is the dragon sleeping, too?" Tas looks around visibly cheerful at the news of her life.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Tanis merely gawks at Goldmoon, unsure of how to respond. He hesitantly reaches out and gingerly touches her shoulder, as if to confirm that the figure that stands before him is indeed solid flesh and blood, and not merely an apparition from beyond the grave.

Raistlin, unlike the others, is considerably less impressed by the miracle that has occurred. "Prove it," he says in his raspy voice. "Both the knight and the plainsman are wounded. If you can truly cure them without the staff, let us see it with our own eyes."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

OCC: O' God long cheeky post coming up.

Riverwind does the climb in near silence with thousands of thoughts crossing his mind. He almost trips at one point when he questions whether Raveneye was right. Was the staff actually unholy? How could he explain to his people, his own people, what that staff had been good for? Step after step he labored, cursing his inability to prevent her from from hurting herself, or allowing the staff to hurt her. Were his people actually right, this whole quest was foolish from the outset, and he and Goldmoon heretics? His thoughts were a mishmash of differing sides of the argument, never really deciding on which way discuss a point. That was what she was good at, having a clear view of what is right, and what isn't. She never had any ethical questions, it was clear as day to her.

But no, that Staff of Mishakal had saved them both, one more than one occasion. It has provided nothing but key assistance to this journey upon request. Never had it failed her. Could it be? A thought rushes through his mind, what if the staff once again had spirited her away again. He had left no heart pang when it appeared if she was lost, and hasn't since. Could it be that was all a folk tale too? No, he would have felt her passing.

As they got nearer the top, his thoughts turn to what is next. He knows the group will look to his for guidance to fulfill the quest, but he doesn't have a clue as to how to proceed, Goldmoon was providing the spiritual leadership in this undertaking.

With his heart heavy, Riverwind lags to the back of the group, dreading the moment that he has to tell his friends that he doesn't have a clue as to where to go from here.

When they finally arrive, his head is snapped up at the verbal tail whipping Tanis is handing out, and can't help but wonder if he is right too?

When he finally walks into the room and sees his beloved, there, in the flesh, any doubts in his mind are erased.

Dropping his bow on the floor of the temple, he races the thirty feet to her barely slowing down as her scoos her into the biggest hug they had ever shared. Turning her around he lets her to the ground places both hands to her jaws and kisses her deeply. [insert romantic love scene]

"I thought...I. I. knew it all along, I. I. never felt your passing" he stammers out.

After a moment or two to settle down, he reaches behind him and products the discs. "The discs of the Goddess are here." he presents her with the light circular plates of platinum.

"I am glad you know what to do with them." adding in a whisper "I had no clue."

Once he relinquishes possession of the discs, he almost feels queasy and back away a moment.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Sunstar stays near the back of the group with her brother. She looks to be in awe upon seeing an alive Goldmoon. Though, she also appears to be rather angry. Sure, these people helped save her and her brother, which she was thankful for. Though, she still wasn't sure about all of this. To bring back this Mishakal, there was great sacrifice. Was it really worth it? She crossed her arms over her chest and watched the reunion of these friends quietly.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Goldmoon just has the time to fondly tousle Tas's hair and explain "It wasn't me who slayed the dragon, it was her", pointing at the statue of Mishakal, before Riverwind is pulling her into his hug. Once again, she is overwhelmed, this time by her beloved's passion. She laughs, grabs him by the shoulders and answers the kiss fondly.

When they become aware of the reality around them again, she turns to Raistlin. "I'm sorry, You asked me something, but I didn't have a chance to hear you." When he repeats his challenge, she concentrates for a moment, then answers: "I must pray to Mishakal to give me her gifts, which are granted to me once per day. So yes, I can heal someone now who needs it."

She turns to Riverwind again and lays her hands on him: "May Mishakal heal you of your wounds" she says softly.

When this is done, she takes the disks of Mishakal and starts to read them.

(ooc: lay on hands, restores all 9 HP lost)