Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: The Arrival

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Day One (The Arrival)

Post by Breila »

Karathos asks for a double helping of pork, potato and cheese. He eyes the dessert suspiciously, though.

"Blue, I've never eaten anything blue before" he says. "May I have a taster, Galeyne? I'd rather not take one and then not eat it."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Like that, do you?" asks a knight as he approaches them, sitting by them. It is Sir Rateliff, the knight they met when they first arrived. "It's made of ground up animal bones. Not bad, right?" he says with a mischievous grin.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"But animal bones are not blue!" Karathos says. "What is used to give it that strange color? Flower extracts?" He eyes the mass suspiciously.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"It is unique I suppose." Erastlin pushes his plate away however, in a pretence that he is finished.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Targin stands in line, and when it is his turn, he requests another portion of beef and cheese as hungry as he is.

"Where is the ale?" He inquires.

When he sits with the group, he touches the blue stuff carefully, then slowly licks he finger. "Sweet it is."

He finishes the main course, and takes a drink before spooning a bite of the gelatin. "Interesting." is all he says as he pushes the rest away.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Fruit extracts, actually," Rateliff says. To the dwarf, he adds, "No alcohol is served during the trials. Part of the trials includes being pure of body and spirit. That means the rest of us must suffer as well, during these times. We have plenty of tea and juice, however."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye finishes off the blue stuff, even after the teasing of animal bones. "Why is it all of us have to be pure of mind and body when we aren't the ones in the trails?" she asks curiously.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"To avoid temptation," Rateliff explains. "It would be more difficult for the candidates if alcohol was being served here in the dining hall the entire time they were training."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Bah, tea it is then. I presume we can leave the tower and visit a tavern if we wish Sir."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Of course," Rateliff responds. "It's a bit of a walk to Palanthas, but there's plenty to do there."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"But when they become knights, or squires in this case, aren't they going to be presented with all sorts of temptations?" Galenye asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Of course. That is the way of life. But if they make the cut, they should hopefully have the willpower to avoid those temptations," Rateliff says.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastlin is strangely quiet, he tries to ignore Galenye's teasing, there were many temptations a Knight must avoid. "Temptations are not good for the Soul my dear." He comments simply and rather awkwardly, "Maintaining a pure mind and body is not an easy task, with so many... Temptations around." He blushes rising to his feet awkwardly, "Excuse me I am going to retire for the Evening, I have a long day Tomorrow."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos went through his dinner quietly, trying his best to make as little noise as was possible, which is not easy with a mouth and tongue like his...

As Erastin rises, he gets up, too, taking him by the arm in the warrior's greeting like he did before the presentation ceremony. His front against Erastin's, he lets his words resonate through the man's body as he speaks loudly enough for all the friends, and bystanders, to hear.

"May all the forces of Good be with you, and may the Gods protect you. Let your body and mind be pure, keep your honor intact.
Whatever the trials will bring, I will be waiting for you, my friend."

He then lets go of the man and retreats, leaving room for other well-wishers.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastlin smiles, accepting the well-wishes from his friends in the way they were intended, before leaving the room.