Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: The Arrival

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

Nuke
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Day One (The Arrival)

Post by Nuke »

"Lead away, 'tis easier going down, and I am thirsty."
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

After the girls have prepared their spells and all have groomed themselves, they sit together in Karathos's room and chat.

After a while, Karathos gets up and says: "A meal would be good now. Should we wait for the others to return or try to find something for ourselves?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastlin begins the long descent back down to the others, glancing out of windows as he does so, apparently in awe of his surroundings. Taking Galenye's hand he aids her climb if needed.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye spends a little bit of time just looking out a few of the windows, seemingly in awe at the view around here. "I'm going to have to sneak up here at night," she says as she walks along side Erastin. "I bet the view is even better then."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I'm sure it is." Erastlin grins, he really shouldnt know this, he wasn't a Knight, but sneaking up here seemed wrong.

"Perhaps you shouldn't tell me. When I am a Knight, I will bring you up here once more." With that he gives her a smile and continues his descent.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Erastin, Galeneye, and Targin begin the long climb back down to the visitors' quarters to meet up with the others so they can all go eat in the dining hall.

=============

It is now 3:30 PM.

(OOC: Targin said "I'd guess ye'll be wanting to do this again on the morrow as well, once you can see the Nest of the Kinfisher [sp]." But it's important to remember that A) the trials will last longer than one day and B) if Erastin completes the trials, he will not become a Knight. He will become a squire. I mentioned this way back in the first post of this thread.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye knocks on the door to Karathos' door once they reach their rooms. "We're going to eat. You guys want to come?"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"Of course we do. I could eat an ox, if by principle I didn't eat meat of creatures that have a head or body that looks like mine." His large head bobs up and down as he says this, his eyes glint in a smile. "Have you found out where they serve food here?"
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Erastlin waits with Targin, if anyone comes by he asks where they might obtain a meal. "It will be many months. Maybe years till I can climb that tower. Perhaps it will make it all real when i can." he comments to the dwarf.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

A knight who passes by informs Erastin upon request that the dining hall is one level up from where they are now.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

"Well me boy, let's get goin' "
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

The six of them head upstairs to the third level, to the spacious dining hall. Despite the name, however, it really more resembles a mess hall. A number of knights, squires and would-be candidates are currently eating. There are numerous tables and chairs. Food is served on wooden trays. People pick up a tray, get in line, and the cook gives them their food, before they sit down to eat.

The meal being served currently includes a slab of beef or pork (your choice), a baked potato, some sharp cheddar and a fresh bread, and a very strange dessert: a small bowl of some kind of blue gelatin. If questioned about it, the cook claims some gnomes accidentally invented it over in Sancrist. Lord Uth Wistan loved it so much, he had some human chemists learn the recipe, add some color and flavor, and brought it over to Solamnia.
Attachments
Jello.jpg
Jello.jpg (75.24 KiB) Viewed 8092 times
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

" I'm very glad that we get something to eat, this spell-learning always makes me hungry!" Jinali says, but then she notices the dessert.
"whats that?" she says with a strange look at the blue glibber.

(ooc: 'glibber' is the German word for gelatin, I like it because of the sound)
I am NOT sweet!
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastlin sits quietly, considering what has passed this day, and what will pass tomorrow.

"This is interesting" He comments at the Jelly, "I havent seen this before."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye looks at the blue gelatin for a few moments before she shrugs. She takes a bite of the jiggly substance with before she grins. "Try it. It's pretty good. I don't think I've ever had something to eat that wobbles like that though."