Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: The Arrival

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

Nuke
Lord
Lord
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Day One (The Arrival)

Post by Nuke »

"As long as we can stop on occasion, I'd wander the city with you Galenye to protect your honor and such. Just let me shed this chain."

Targin removes his chainmail, and leaves most of his gear, selecting only a pair of daggers and his purse.

With a knightly bow and a wave of his left arm he says "After you Mi'Lady"
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I will watch the trials, too." Karathos says before Erastin retreats.

"Well, Targin, if you watch over Galeyne, I'll keep company to Jinali and Salwen and explore the tower with them once they're ready."

While waiting for the ladies, Karathos takes care of his body, doing some stretching for flexibility and grooming for his looks.
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastlin removes his Armor with Targin's aid, placing it and his fathers blade in his room.

He returns a little while later, as Galenye and Targin are preparing to take a walk around the Tower. Dressed in a simple white shirt, brown breeches, and his boots, he carries no weapons.

"May I accompany you for a while? It is too early to rest, and I will go quite crazy alone." He smiles at Galenye and Targin.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Protect my honor, in a tower full of knights." Galenye looks between the dwarf and soon to be knight. "It is almost as if you two didn't trust me enough to go off by myself," she says teasingly.

With company with her now, Galenye leads the small group out of the living areas to explore the tower a little. Naturally, she doesn't have a clue as to where she is going, so she just picks a random direction and starts following it wherever it might lead.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Or perhaps, we wanted to enjoy your company?" Erastlin says with a sheepish grin, he has read up on the Tower, and tries subtly to direct them towards the Knights Spur, to see where the great Sturm fell. Once upon a time he could only dream of such a thing.

Lost in his thoughts he does not say anything for a few moments.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I was under the impression that ol' Targin here didn't like the company of anyone else other than you, and maybe the young mages," Galenye says. Teasing the dwarf was always a fun past time for her. "I wonder if they will let us climb all the way to the top of the tower," she said thoughtfully, absently following Erastin's movements as he tries to direct them on where to go. "I bet the view is amazing up there."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

While Karathos, Jinali, and Selowen stay behind, the others head down to the Knight's Spur. It is a hollowed wall that is roughly square in shape, about two hundred feet on a side. It has three levels which house a chapel, map rooms, meeting rooms and several sleeping rooms. There is a stream that runs through an aqueduct underneath the castle. But the part that really interests Erastin is the Chamber of Paladine.

As they head toward it, Erastin remembers that this is the only part of the tower that was used during the siege of the War of the Lance, except for the dragontraps.

The Chamber of Paladine is one large crypt where all of the greatest heroes of the knighthood are entombed. It is simple enough to find the sarcophagus labeled 'Sturm Brightblade 322-352 AC.' Although the sarcophagus is closed, Erastin has heard stories that Sturm is completely preserved and looks just as he did before he died.

There is a great sense of peace here, tinged with sadness. It's almost as if Paladine's presence can be felt.
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

Targin follows along, bringing up the rear. He marvels at the stonework as they move through the keep. He seems unusually somber as they approach Chamber of Paladine.

He walks to the stone coffin of Sturm and slowly reaches out his right hand to gently place it against the sarcophagus. Lingering for a half minute or longer, he simply stands with his head bowed, lost in thought.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"He was a great Knight, I have heard his stories, how he did for the Knighthood what Revered Daughter Goldmoon did for the Church." Erastlin comments as they step into the Chamber with deep sadness, "He was killed by a friend, the worst way to die."

"Yet he is here, with the great Heroes of the Knighthood, Derek Crownguard." He adds, almost as an after thought. "I cannot hope to achieve such greatness, yet I can do my part, I can make a difference."

After a few moments he steps out onto the Battlements, looking at the Courtyard below. "It is strange to think this is all they used during the War, when the tower stands so tall and firm." Shaking his head he grabs Galenye's hand tightly, "Come let us see if we can climb the tower." turning away from the tomb with a final glance he heads back into the tower, attempting to Reach the Nest of the Kingfisher, as Galenye requested.

"The best view is on the 16th floor, there are many stairs." He grins at the Dwarf.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye doesn't get too terribly close to the tomb holding Sturm. Despite the peaceful feeling, she feels a little uncomfortable. She tries not to show it though. Knowing how important that this is to Erastin and even Targin, Galenye just hangs back for a little bit while they pay their respects.

She gives Erastin's hand a small squeeze. "It is a long climb for you too, you know," she says playfully to Erastin. "I don't want to wear you out too much before your first day of testing."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I shall be fine my Lady." He bows, "As long as I retire early." He winks and begins the ascent if they are permitted.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

It takes a very long time to slowly climb to the very top of the tower. At least the three of them are getting some great exercise on this little trip.

When they reach the high lookout, they are probably higher than any of them have ever been before. Here, the wind howls loudly as if somehow angered by something. But what a view! They can see the Bay of Branchala and of course, the Jewel of Solamnia, Palanthas itself from here.

However, any attempt to access the Nest of the Kingfisher is stopped by a pair of Crown Knights guarding the door. "I'm sorry, but only knights are allowed in here," one of them explains.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"No problem my friend, just showing my friends the Tower, the view is all I imagined." Erastlin smiles at the Crown Knights, bowing as he steps away.

"So, was the Climb worth it?" He asks as he points out the numerous landmarks, "From here they saw the Flying Citadel, and a few Dragons I have no doubt." Standing between Targin and Galenye he chuckles, "I never thought I would be here. After today I nearly wasn't."
Nuke
Lord
Lord

Post by Nuke »

The dwarf approaches the climb as he always does, with stoic determination. He begins with a steady pace and keeps going, passing up the other two as they take a breather on landings. He enjoys the view from up top.

"I suppose this view should be seen by everyone, at least once."

"I'd guess ye'll be wanting to do this again on the morrow as well, once you can see the Nest of the Kinfisher."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"That would be good, although something tells me that won't be a simple task." Erastlin looks down, he didn't have issues with heights, although the wind whipping his hair into his face is new.

"Shall we get some food? Not sure what we are supposed to do, but there must be some arrangement." He grins at the pair of them, "Lets find the others and have a meal?"