Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

CH 1: The Arrival

Dragonlance Game, 3-6 PCs at levels 1-3, set in 375 AC, using DLQ1 (Knight's Sword) and DLQ2 (Flint's Axe)

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

CH 1: The Arrival

Post by JadedDM »

They were an odd assortment of people, that is to be sure. Anyone who saw them thought as much.

The two Solamnics were normal enough, but there was also a dwarf (not a hill dwarf, as one might expect, but a mountain dwarf), a half-elf dressed like a Plainswoman, a minotaur, and a lovely (but quite out of place) elven maiden. A most unusual group, indeed.

But while they all differed in appearance, their goals were the same. They travel to the High Clerist's Tower, the bastion of the Knights of Solamnia, so that Erastin Rivenguard of Witdel could take his trials and hopefully become a squire in the knighthood. If he is successful, he may even become a full-fledged knight someday.

It is Yurthgreen 15th, springtime, in the year 375 AC, the day of Bracha. The night before, the party stayed at a little roadside inn. They woke with the dawn, and set off for the last leg of their journey. Now, the High Clerist's Tower loomed before them as they approached.

They have ridden long and hard to reach the High Clerist’s Tower in time for the Knightly Council. Sir Delson, a good friend of Erastin's father, has promised to sponsor him during his petition to become a squire.

The day is bright and clear, the early greenery seeming to burst with life. Birdsong fills the air with sweet notes, and the sky is blue and cloudless. The sun radiates its heat gently on the land. A gentle breeze caresses their faces as they head for the Tower. Along the road, both ahead of and behind them, other candidates for knighthood also head to the Tower.

Targin, the dwarf and Erastin's trainer, rode on his pony, Ash (named for his grey coat) in the back of the group. The sun shimmers off his night black hair and beard. "Now, remember," he begins for the umpteenth time since they began this journey, "we are all representatives of Erastin. Anything we say or do can and will reflect upon him. That means if you screw up, he could lose his shot at becoming a squire. Got it? That means no shenanigans," he states, looking directly at Galenye during that last sentence. "The knights have no tolerance for tomfoolery, mark my words. Everyone needs to be on their best behavior. I mean it!"
Attachments
clerist.jpg
clerist.jpg (128.32 KiB) Viewed 10601 times
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Re: Day One (The Arrival)

Post by Jerrard »

"Lighten up Targin, I am sure my friends won't do anything to embarrass me, they know what this means." He nudges Galenye to his left, "Isn't that right Galenye?"

He holds his head high, his brown hair flowing behind him as he rides, holding his fathers sword tightly he keeps his position, looking behind. He trusted them, despite appearances, he trusted them all.

This was his dream, years of practice, of study, they all came down to how he held himself, how his friends reacted. Saying a silent prayer to Paladine he continues onwards.

(Posted for Jerrard by Jen)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth as both the dwarf and Erastin give those knowing looks. She gives a little annoyed nudge back to Erastin, but she seems pretty laid back about it. "You two are making it sound like I'm going to strip down naked, and run around the High Clerist's Tower," she states playfully. "It isn't a bad idea as it would probably liven the place up a bit," she adds thoughtfully.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I guess that would make an interesting opening." Erastin grins, "But we have to be on our best behavior, that goes for everyone." He says as he looks behind him, surveying the group.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

"I guess I could restrain the maiden if the need arises" Karathos says with a wink, and adds: "But I don't think I will have to."
There's more to me than meets the eye...
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Let's hope not!" Targin says, bristling. "This is something that needs to be taken seriously. It's no game. Just do what I tell you and follow my lead, and we might get through this." The dwarf snorts, which causes his pony to snort in turn.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Oh, you know, after running around naked. I could do a little dance for all those knightly types just to watch them shaking in their armor," Galenye says with a light laugh. "But, since I know how important this is, I guess I'll be good," she says with a shrug as if it couldn't be helped. She knew that Erastin was probably a bundle of nerves right now, and the last thing he needed was that stubborn dwarf making it that much worse.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos chuckles. "Well, now is really not the time to do it, but I sure hope to see you running around and dancing naked some day, Galeyne. It must be a lovely sight." He looks like he might say more, but after a murderous glance from Targin, he keeps his mouth shut, still chuckling.

(ooc: as mounts are listed only in Erastin's and Targin's equipment lists, I assume the rest of us are traveling on foot?)
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

Erastin gives Karathos a strange look for a moment, then he returns his attention to the task at hand.

"I cannot believe I'm here, all those years of training, finally." He looks at the Tower with an eager glance, "I am sure we can find some fun too, I can't all be stuffy right?" He grins at Galeyne.
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

Jinali rolls her eyes. "It's maybe the most important day in the life of Erastin, we all know it now," she gives a annoyd look to Targin. " Could we talk about other things than dancing naked In front of Knights? If you listened to yourselves you've got to think you were grown up in a brothel!"
I am NOT sweet!
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Karathos gives his full booming laugh. "Jinali, my dear, these places do not exist in my homeland!

But I promise to be good. For Erastin's sake, and for your pleasure"
. He takes Jinali's hand as if to kiss it, but doesn't take it all the way to his - wet - snout.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Let's just focus on our task at hand," Targin says, a bit less gruff than before. "Do all of the partying and naked dancing you like, but only after Erastin has been made a squire and we are far away from the High Clerist's Tower."

===========

(OOC: Yes, that's correct, Breila. I don't know why only those two get mounts, but that's how the module is set up.)
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Galenye looks to Karathos for a moment with a grin. "Thanks, big guy," she says cheerfully before turning back to the soon to be knight. "I've seen knights. You are really the only one I like. You are not quite as stuffy," she admits with a snicker. "Just as long as you don't turn out like Targin or Jinali, both who don't know the meaning of the word fun, then everything should be fine," she says teasingly.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"I have to be stuffy, its written in the code." He responds, a hint of humor in his eye. "Let us draw a line under you running around Naked Galenye, I must be pure of heart and mind." He says trying to push the image from his head.

"When are we meeting Sir Delson Targin? I will need some time to prepare." He asks, quickly changing the subject.
LittleLuna
Peddler
Peddler

Post by LittleLuna »

"I know what fun is! But I understand the word in a little different way: fun is funny, not sexed up!" Jenali whispers icily back at Galeyne.
I am NOT sweet!