Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Day Five (Turned Tables)

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Day Five

Post by JadedDM »

"I think that, above skill or training, is what makes them heroes," Arvin explains. "I have met many people who claim they wish to be heroes, but what they really seek is glory, fame, or wealth. A true hero holds a desire to help others. That is my belief."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, I have the desire to sort of clear my family name," Tavi says. "Though, to do that I have to do all the work too. Of course, right now I want to save my sisters too. They are related to me, so isn't that kind of selfish?" Tavi asks curiously. "I mean, you two are the real heros here."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Ahh, I just kill gobos. It's what any good, red-blooded Gontorian man would do," Barlemus says.

"No, it isn't." Arvin shakes his head, giving Barlemus an incredulous look. "I have my own reasons for doing this. If the White Terror is released again, it would destroy everything. Animals, plants, and people."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Yes, but Arvin, your reasons are to help the bigger picture I guess," Tavi says. "Don't you have your own personal reasons that don't involve helping everyone?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Perhaps," Arvin says, getting to his feet. "I'll take first watch. You two should get some rest. Your injuries are more severe." With that, he walks off, apparently unwilling to say any more.

"Ut. That's elves for you. Gotta be all mysterious, I guess," Barlemus comments once the ranger is gone.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I don't think he is trying to be all mysterious on purpose," Tavi says thoughtfully. "He is just kind of private. I mean, would you like talking about something extremely personal?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

He shrugs. "I dunno. Guess it depends on how personal it is, and whether I would feel like talking about it." The warrior idly scratches his head.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Relationships tend to be pretty personal," Tavi says. "I mean like romantic relationships. I got the idea you didn't have a whole lot of experience with women."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Sure, I do. I mean, well...nothing really serious. I ain't ever been married or nothing," Barlemus admits. "But I've known some girls, back home. Don't get to see many nowadays, on the road or in the wild, of course. Hard to meet nice girls in a place like this. But that guy," he says, jerking a thumb in the direction Arvin went off, "he'd have to get that big stick out of his bum before he could ever relax enough to get a girl."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"...I'm hoping he has reasons for the way he is," Tavi says. "Do you not like him still because he is an elf, or is there another reason?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Barlemus shrugs. "He's an ass...but I guess he can be useful in a fight, at least."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi snickers softly and nudges Barlemus' leg. "At least you are willing to put up with him for the time being. Plus, I think we kind of make a good team."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Yeah, I reckon so," Barlemus admits. "But I have a hunch that once we stop the shaman from summoning that monster he's so worried about, he'll probably disappear in the woods and we won't ever see him again."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I don't know. Something gives me the impression he kind of likes the company once in awhile. It isn't good to be alone all the time," Tavi says. "That is what Grandma use to say at least. This is the first time I've ever really been alone doing anything, so it is kind of scary."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"But you're not alone. You got us, right? And soon, you'll have your sisters, too," Barlemus says.