Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Day Five (Turned Tables)

A solo adventure in which Echo Soulstaff searches for the man she believes is her father.

Moderator: JadedDM

HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Day Five

Post by HorizonsDream »

"So we could have had a whole army of trees helping us out earlier?" Tavi asks.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Nay, not an army," the treant says. "I can animate at least two trees at a time, although it takes time for them to respond. Trees are not used to moving, as we treants do."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Ohh," Tavi says, sounding a little disappointed. "That could have been useful when we storm their cave," she says with a sigh.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Were there more of us in these woods, we could each summon two trees to fight. But alas, I am all that remains in this area. The others left, due to humans and goblins chopping down trees. It was no longer safe," the treant says. "I remained behind, to watch over the trees. Someone must."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi frowns slightly, but nods. From what she was hearing, it sounded as if the area that they were in was very old, but she decided not to dwell on it. "Thank you again, for the help," she says before she turns her attention back to Arvin. "We should get going," she adds. "Care to lead us back?"
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

Nodding farewell to the treant, Arvin led the way. By the time the trio returned to the lake, it was very late.

Petal was surprised by their wounds and instantly insisted Barlemus and Tavi strip off their armor and allow her to tend to their wounds. Arvin shrugged her off, claiming he was fine. But the dryad was most insistent.

Once their wounds had been treated with poultices and smelly salves, they started a small fire to keep warm and for light.

"Well, at least we took down a few tonight," Barlemus says, warming his hands by the fire. "That counts for something."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Not as many as I was hoping for, but we did what we could," Tavi admits. "I only have a few more days left until the shaman sacrifices my sisters. For all I know, he might hear that the Nightstalker is out hunting them now, and go ahead and sacrifice them anyway," she says. She frowns at the thought as she leans back against a log.
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"It can't be helped," Arvin says. "Even if we weren't wounded, there are still too many goblins in their lair for just the three of us to storm it."

"Yeah, but if they kill those girls and summon that creature, then what was the point of any of this?" asks Barlemus.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"I'm thinking that the shaman is going to keep his word," Tavi says. "At least, I have to hope he will keep his word. I think he kind of has it out for you, Barlemus."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"Most goblins do," he says with a boyish grin. "I am kind of their boogeyman."

Arvin frowns. "Let us hope so. I don't need to stress that the consequences of the White Terror being summoned again would be. This time we won't have an army to fight it off."

"Ut, if we had an army, we could just wipe out the Shadowbite Clan and be done with it," Barlemus points out.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"But we don't have an army. It is just us three," Tavi says. "Oh, I'm going to need to like rest for a month when all of this is over. I never thought that this is what going out and adventuring would be like."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"What, exactly, had you been expecting?" Arvin asks, a slight smirk on his face.

"I dunno, this is more or less what I had been expecting," Barlemus admits.
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

"Well, I don't know exactly to be honest," Tavi admits with a shrug. "I had these girly fantasies about doing daring things, not getting hurt all the time, and saving the day. Now I'm just getting beat up all the time, my hair isn't blowing in the breeze like some hero, but it is caked with mud and dirt, and I don't feel like I'm saving any days right now."
JadedDM
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by JadedDM »

"You're young...and untrained. But you have potential. And a desire to do good," Arvin says. "Not all heroes start out as heroes."

"Yeah, that's right," Barlemus says. "Most of my favorite stories always begin with the hero killing rats in a cellar, for some reason. It takes awhile before he becomes a great hero, finds the magic sword, slays the dragon, and rescues the beautiful princess."
HorizonsDream
Duke
Duke

Post by HorizonsDream »

Tavi laughs lightly as she thinks back on the stories that use to be read to her when she was younger. "I always changed the beautiful princess bit into handsome prince. Sometimes boys need saving just as much as girls too," she explains with a sheepish shrug. "At least I have the desire to do good? Not all heroes have that desire, Arvin?"